+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GF's tourist visa refused

strickban

Jan 14, 2024
Hey all,

My girlfriend's tourist visa was denied citing this:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
  • You have not provided sufficient documentation support your or your host's income and assets
We're both Peruvian and applied separately, however I have an US H1B visa and a US based job, while she has a Peru based job. She has a valid B1 US Visa and she has traveled to the US before. Not sure if any of that matters, just trying to give what I think is relevant information. For my application, they requested me to provide an itinerary (Purpose of Travel) and Proof of Means of Financial support, while she wasn't requested neither of those. We thought this was odd but just continued with the application. My visa was approved quickly and I got everything done in like 3 weeks, but she just got her decision after almost 2 months. We're just very surprised about the reasons they're giving for denial since they never requested the Proof of Means of Financial Support nor Purpose of Travel on her application.

Would appreciate anyone helping us understand the decision here.

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
IRCC portal will not ask for everything. There is an option to submit "Additional Docs" you have to add all extra docs in one file and attach to it.

She need to clarify the purpose, she is coming to meet you in Canada and both of you dont live in Canada!! there is inconsistency right here.
If you are living in USA on H1B and she also have B1 visa, why are you not meeting in USA?
If you are her host, where is your Canadian based financial details?

There are many red flags in your application, I can see it screaming that "we just want to land in Canada" and I am sure officer will be thinking same.

Just having a US TEmporary visa is not sufficient to get a Canadian Visa, Address the above questions and apply again.

strickban

Jan 14, 2024
Thanks. Like I said we applied separately and with her having no Purpose of Visit, she did not mention me in her application.

She need to clarify the purpose, she is coming to meet you in Canada and both of you dont live in Canada!! there is inconsistency right here.
What is the inconsistency here?

If you are living in USA on H1B and she also have B1 visa, why are you not meeting in USA?
We have met in the US before and we would meet in the US and then travel to Canada.

If you are her host, where is your Canadian based financial details?
I am not her host.

Also a couple of months ago I asked "why do they sometimes not ask for Proof of Means of Financial Support?" and it was you who replied and said that they do not ask for that when you have a US visa, which she does. So, if that is true, it doesn't make sense to not ask for it and then claim the applicant didn't support their income. If they do not consider that as enough support/evidence in every case, they should make the Proof Of Means of Financial Support a required document.

What I get from your reply is that we should've added all that documentation, although not requested, in the "Other" optional documents. Just fyi, since I saw you replied to my comment on another thread, she won't be reapplying, as we'd rather visit another country than having to repay for the application.

Thanks anyway!

Reactions: anaszuberi

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
What is the inconsistency here?
So you think it make sense that 2 people who CAN easily meet in 1st person residency country(USA) want to meet in 3rd country!!! and this purpose is consistent?? You need to provide a VERY SOLID REASON of why you both want to go to Canada, What will you achieve? What will happen if you both didn't went to Canada etc. Otherwise, the VO might think that you have some suspicious task to be done inside Canada, like both want to settle there especially when USA immigration is not easy to settle down in USA.

You need to provide a very solid reason of why Canada? why you both want to go to Canada, What will you achieve? What will happen if you both didn't went to Canada etc.

"why do they sometimes not ask for Proof of Means of Financial Support?
Yes a valid USA visa holder doesn't require to provide any financial documents for Canada visa. But the question is will the approve it? it depends on purpose and ties of the applicant.

I have seen many people with refusals even when they have valid USA visa and have visited multple times. The bottom line is "your story should make sense"

strickban

Jan 14, 2024
Just came here to say that we sent a Reconsideration Request. Only 2 days later the status of her application changed from refused to processing, 3 weeks later it was approved and she already has the visa on her passport :)

Reactions: albloshi_sa

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
How did yo
Just came here to say that we sent a Reconsideration Request. Only 2 days later the status of her application changed from refused to processing, 3 weeks later it was approved and she already has the visa on her passport :)
Can you please update, how did you submitted reconsideration request and what documents did you submitted ?

also did you applied for GCMS first then reconsideration?

strickban

Jan 14, 2024
How did yo

Can you please update, how did you submitted reconsideration request and what documents did you submitted ?

also did you applied for GCMS first then reconsideration?
I used the IRCC webform. I explained why the reason for refusal was inconsistent with the application and documentation provided. I attached new documentation that was not previously required like Proof of Means of Financial support and Purpose of Travel. Not sure what GCMS is.