+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting work permit

Aug 11, 2023
I have a closed work permit visa from my current employer and a valid offer letter, however my employer is not allowing me to travel yet. Meanwhile my wife got a admission to pursue her master's in Canada, which will start in FEB 2024. Now, after reading her admission offer letter from University I found out that I can pay domestic student fees if I have a work permit which will save me from huge financial burden because the fees difference between international and domestic student is 45000CAD.

Now, the query I have is, is it possible and legal for me to travel to Canada for a week or so by myself without informing my employer to just get the work permit document and return. Could any one advise if this is legal and will this cause any issue with my employment. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a closed work permit visa from my current employer and a valid offer letter, however my employer is not allowing me to travel yet. Meanwhile my wife got a admission to pursue her master's in Canada, which will start in FEB 2024. Now, after reading her admission offer letter from University I found out that I can pay domestic student fees if I have a work permit which will save me from huge financial burden because the fees difference between international and domestic student is 45000CAD.

Now, the query I have is, is it possible and legal for me to travel to Canada for a week or so by myself without informing my employer to just get the work permit document and return. Could any one advise if this is legal and will this cause any issue with my employment. Thanks in advance.
What university allows those on a work permit to pay domestic fees? You usually must be a PR or citizen. So spouse is eligible if you have a work permit?

Reactions: rcincanada2019

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

Where did you get the information that WP holder's dependents can get domestic fees? When I was on PGWP, I still paid international fees for my son to attend college.

Reactions: Naturgrl
Aug 11, 2023
Where did you get the information that WP holder's dependents can get domestic fees? When I was on PGWP, I still paid international fees for my son to attend college.
It was mentioned in the university's website and even I got the confirmation from the admission counselor from the college.