+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting my passport back from the US Consulate in Toronto

jlb2327

Mar 18, 2024
Hello - does anyone have any ideas on how to expedite getting my passport back from the Toronto consulate?

My grandfather passed away on Tuesday night last week. I sent an email right away to the Canada.visas@gdit-gss.com support email. They created a ticket and "escalated" my case. Since then I've been emailing (no response) and calling the support number (They say they cannot help)

My application was updated on the 25 on CEAC, only saying "Case created" - I applied on an interview waiver process for B1/B2 but this is probably irrelevant

I need to flyback to be with my family and I'm very upset at how uncaring the US consulate has been... If this isn't an emergency, what is?

Appreciate any tips on how to get in touch with the consular section directly since the (subcontracted?) support team seems to have no idea...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello - does anyone have any ideas on how to expedite getting my passport back from the Toronto consulate?

My grandfather passed away on Tuesday night last week. I sent an email right away to the Canada.visas@gdit-gss.com support email. They created a ticket and "escalated" my case. Since then I've been emailing (no response) and calling the support number (They say they cannot help)

My application was updated on the 25 on CEAC, only saying "Case created" - I applied on an interview waiver process for B1/B2 but this is probably irrelevant

I need to flyback to be with my family and I'm very upset at how uncaring the US consulate has been... If this isn't an emergency, what is?

Appreciate any tips on how to get in touch with the consular section directly since the (subcontracted?) support team seems to have no idea...
Is this a Canadian immigration issue? Post on US immigration forums.