+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after visa

kp1106

Aug 24, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a pretty much same concerns about that. The things is I am studying postgraduate program and I got study permit and visa valid. I plan to study a new post graduate program after this one. I want to getting marriage with my girl next summer. Then, I will come back Canada to study a new program of course I will need to extend my study permit. However, Do I need to state I am marriage with IRCC while applied for new Study Permit? also apply new Visa ?? Because I want to bring her with me next summer as well. Any advice ???
Really appreciate all helps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a pretty much same concerns about that. The things is I am studying postgraduate program and I got study permit and visa valid. I plan to study a new post graduate program after this one. I want to getting marriage with my girl next summer. Then, I will come back Canada to study a new program of course I will need to extend my study permit. However, Do I need to state I am marriage with IRCC while applied for new Study Permit? also apply new Visa ?? Because I want to bring her with me next summer as well. Any advice ???
Really appreciate all helps.
Yes you will need to declare you are married on your new study permit. Spouses of international students are not guaranteed visas/permits.

Reactions: kp1106

kp1106

Aug 24, 2019
Yes you will need to declare you are married on your new study permit. Spouses of international students are not guaranteed visas/permits.
Hi there,
appreciate your response. So, if I am going back to my hometown I will need obtain a new visa and declare her name too??I think my spouse will come as SOWP but in order for her to come to canada she needs obtain a Visitor visa. Is that possible for her to claim once when we get marraige ?

CrissaM.

Jun 6, 2019
Hi. I just wanna ask again if it's okay to get married after my study permit/visa is approved and come to Canada without issue? But should i declare that i just get married to the immigration officer once i land in Canada or to the school i got accepted? Then can my husband apply for OWP after a month? Thanks so much

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. I just wanna ask again if it's okay to get married after my study permit/visa is approved and come to Canada without issue? But should i declare that i just get married to the immigration officer once i land in Canada or to the school i got accepted? Then can my husband apply for OWP after a month? Thanks so much
Yes, you can marry. You don't need to declare your spouse to anyone.

jazzyjazzy

Aug 16, 2019
Can i get married after visa and fill my spouse invitation when i enter canada? Is it acceptable because i applied as single. It will affect my profile in canada or not? Please help.
Hey
Which option did u finally choose? Did u marry after getting tumour visa?

uddsy27

May 10, 2021
Hey guys, I'm in a similar situation here.

My wife applied for her study permit (non-sds) from Pakistan on 20 april and biometrics 26th april. She was single at the time.

We got married on 10 june.

Her medical was accepted 22 june. She hasn't informed ircc yet about the marriage. We are still waiting for the official marriage certificate but hopefully should have it within a week.

I work in canada (pgwp) and returned couple days ago to canada. Any advice on whether we should immediately inform ircc about our marriage or wait until obtaining marriage certificate or pursue any other course of action?

Also, how would this potentially affect her application? Thanks

MK6

Mar 1, 2022
Can i get married after visa and fill my spouse invitation when i enter canada? Is it acceptable because i applied as single. It will affect my profile in canada or not? Please help.
Hi! How did it go with your application for your spouse? I am planning to get married this May, but I am going to apply for a study permit in April itself, so I wanted to know if you had any issues?

_Kiran_20

Apr 18, 2022
Hi all, I have recently got my student visa for canada. I and my partner are planning to get married. Pls help me is it ok to get married after visa Do I need to inform immigration?What Documents are needed.? Or can I inform them after landing in canada? Can I call him to Canada after my enrollment in college. Pls help me and suggest me the best way

Apple Mac

Jun 1, 2022
My nephew was granted a student permit. Can he get married in our country before he goes to Canada? He did not tell that he has the intention to get married when he applied. He just decided to get married when he realized that it will take a long time before he can go back home.

Reactions: Simba112

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My nephew was granted a student permit. Can he get married in our country before he goes to Canada? He did not tell that he has the intention to get married when he applied. He just decided to get married when he realized that it will take a long time before he can go back home.
Nothing stop him from getting married...

Apple Mac

Jun 1, 2022
Would it not affect his student visa? Would not Canada question him?
We are worried since the civil status of an applicant is very important in considering the Application for Student visa. He did not plan to get married before but when the student visa was released, and he realized it will be long before he goes back, he decided to get married. So we just want to clear if the change in his status after the issuqnce of the student visa will not be a reason for Canada to review his application even if he is in Canada already and order him to go home because he did not disclose when he applied that he had plans of getting married before leaving our country