Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Really waiting to hear some good news...................

swapnochary

NGE said:
Hope to send within next few days.....

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an interview with jasson kenney, please read it

Canada’s Jason Kenney on immigration priorities for 2011
Posted on December 21, 2010 by oe_admin

Jason Kenney, Canada’s minister of citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism, was interviewed recently by the online magazine Canadian Immigrant to discuss the federal government’s immigration and settlement policy priorities for 2011. Here are some highlights of the interview.

MINISTER KENNEY ON HIS TOP PRIORITIES FOR 2011

CI: What are Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s top priorities for the new year?

JK: Our top priority is continuing to improve economic results for immigrants in Canada. That really is the focus of most of what we do. A second priority is to continue to improve the integrity of our immigration system, which includes a crackdown on human smuggling, fraudulent marriages and crooked consultants.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE INVESTOR PROGRAM

CI: What is the rationale behind doubling the required investment for the immigrant investor program? Won’t this affect Canada’s competitiveness in relation to other countries’ immigrant investor programs?

JK: The main reason we doubled the required investment (to $800,000) and asset level (to $1,600,000) was because Canada was massively underselling itself compared to its competitors in this immigration product. The United States and Australia both essentially have million-dollar price points. The United Kingdom has a price point of a million pound sterling. We were offering people the lowest price point at $400,000 for the best advantage, which is immediate permanent residency in Canada, which is also a track to the easiest citizenship process in the developed world … Many people in China, in Hong Kong and India have said to me that the price point is still too low.

They’ve said that it’s so easy for modestly wealthy people in Asia and the Middle East to qualify for the program and that we won’t see any reduction in demand for the Canadian program. It may reduce, very marginally, the demand, but the demand is still excessive in terms of our ability to process applications.

MINISTER KENNEY ON THE ECONOMIC PROGRESS OF NEWCOMERS

JK: I can tell you that we recently released a new study that assesses the economic progress of immigrants selected under the current points grid that was adopted in 2002 … It indicates that there has been a huge improvement of employment and income for skilled workers.

The new study indicates that within three years newly selected federal skilled workers are generating, on average, $80,000 in household income, which is very strong. We also have launched consultations on further changes to the points grid for the skilled worker program, which we hope will further improve economic outcomes for newcomers.

Also, since 2006, our government tripled the federal investment in settlement and integration services to help people improve their language proficiency and their job search skills. All of the data indicates that the number one barrier to employment for foreign-trained professionals is language proficiency and that’s why we put such a heavy emphasis on it. We are trying to find more and better ways to get newcomers, who need to upgrade their language skills, to enrol in free [language] programs.

MINISTER KENNEY ON FOREIGN CREDENTIAL RECOGNITION

CI: Are there any new developments with regards to foreign credential recognition?

JK: We have been doing a lot of work with the provinces and the more than 400 professional licensing bodies to streamline and simplify the process of credential recognition for foreign-trained professionals. A year ago, we launched the Canadian Framework for Foreign Credential Recognition, which was based on an agreement between the 10 premiers and Prime Minister Harper.

We have identified, in the first year, nine professional categories where we aim to hammer out a streamlined faster simplified process [for credential recognition]. We’ve put in $50 million into funding that hard technical work between the provincial licensing bodies. We are making huge progress on it and we will meet our objective of giving applicants an answer within a year of their application for those nine professional categories … So progress is being made.

I know it will never be satisfactory for a foreign-trained professional who shows up and hopes to be working as a licensed practitioner immediately. That’s not realistic. It does take time. We can’t guarantee people that their foreign credentials will be recognized in Canada. But we should guarantee them a reasonably simple and efficient process and that’s where we are making progress with the provinces

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank Imu for your nice effort to pull and share the info ...I probably have had gone through this posted by saki in other thread though...
Wish you all the very best as always

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
thanks imu for nice post... + for you

swapnochary

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
Dear Mr. Ahad,

Hope things are going great with you and ur family members. It's almost two months of your landing to canada. Can u have any information to tell us about employment and the job situation? Thank you.

BDSkilled said:
Dear ALL,

Yesterday we have arrived in Toronto, Canada very Smoothly. ZIA airport is OK. No prob with the higher amount so dont need to be afraid ever for such cases. we were carried by JET- AIR CANADA, Dhaka-Bombay-London-Toronto Route. We enjoyed our journey very much as we were 8 members. But its a long long journey. Bored with London Airport as their security checks is very tight. But everything is perfectly ok.

Immigration process in CA is wonderfull. we were just like a family. one carried my Luggage another carring my baby & its full of fun even the immigration officer was astonoshed to see such group. it takes only 40 min to complete. No B4 List asked to see only in my part my immigration officer asked me to show the fund. Customs is OK.

Lastly please dont be afraid of the weather bcoz yesterday it was -3 cel. But it seems OK. I have seen children were playing with the snow & I understand they make their weather fun.

Just my Advice dont be panic. Those who got MEd request they will get VISA Insallah & dont be tensed with the Immigration process in CA. Only you can do is b4 leaving country love & pass as much time with your parents & beloved one's. The only thing you will miss is their love affection & ............

Pray for us Only.

Ahad

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Hello Tunpi

nice to get u in this forum, when r u planning to land ?? and whats is ur immidiate plan after land. if u want pls share.

bye
swapnochary

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
Hello swapnochary

I haven't made any final decision yet. Leaving my current job costs me as i got dubious feedback about the employment in Canada. As we don't have accommodation problem, my wife and child will probably stay there and i may come back. I am planning to stay couple of months without leaving my job here and take a decision then. What about u?

I have got this site info after getting my visa. Its a good communicated one i was looking for during my processing period as i applied without any consultant or others help. Very informative.

Thank you.

swapnochary said:
Hello Tunpi

nice to get u in this forum, when r u planning to land ?? and whats is ur immidiate plan after land. if u want pls share.

bye
swapnochary

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear swapnochary, tunpi and others waiting for landing and visas 2 be issued !

first of all, its my opportunity to convey my heartiest wishes for your success.i am still waiting for PPR. it is seemed taking a bit long time to get PPR as we are expecting a baby in late April, 2011. medical for wife and me are fairly finished at DMP . However , I would also like to join the "Sharing -Discussion- Session " with you all intending to land soon. If you select a location , please do let me being attached with you. But I haven't received any correspondence from the visa office till this morning.For your information ,I wanna land as soon as I get visa stamped and finish formalities. But still waiting ... please pray for me and for the first ever upcoming baby !

best wishes
imu

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imu said:
[flash=200,200]http://dear swapnochary, tunpi qand all other waiting for landing and visas 2 be issued !
[/flash]
first of all, its my opportunity to convey my heartiest wishes for your success.i am still waiting for PPR. it is seemed taking a bit long time to get PPR due as we are expecting a baby in late April, 2011. medical for wife and me are fairly finished . however ,i would also like to join the "sharing -discussion- session " with you all intending to land soon. if you select a location , please do let me being attached with you. but i haven't found any correspondence from the visa office till this morning.for all your information ,i wanna land as soon as i get visa stamped and finish formalities. but still waiting ... pleased pray for me and for the upcoming baby !

best wishes
imu
May Allah bless you and your upcoming baby.

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear Classical_bit
Thanks a lot.wishing you a faster processing of PR application and an expected landing !thanks indeed.
imu

tunpi

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2010
Med's Request
22-Sep-2010
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Nov-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
04-Aug-2011
Dear Imu,

It's better not to be desperate on where u have uncertainty without any proven evidence, rather concentrate on present life and enjoy it. You must get the visa without any reservation. What I get from the forum conversations that there is no definite reason of holding your file by the VO, provided that you sent all documents in order and on time. Even there is no specific reason for someone to be excited that he has got within a limited time period. It depends on officers in the VO. It is absurd to say that if he got reply within 30 days, why not me. You can gauge an expected time period only, but don't rely on. Officers there are also human being. Those who sent documents to the visa office, all of them are qualified and there should not have variation. My understating is that if we send all documents on time and in order, it's really depend on the person dealing with your file in the VO and overall VO activities. We should try not to be anxious and keep patience.

It will be really nice to have a discussion that you proposed.

Thank you.

imu said:

first of all, its my opportunity to convey my heartiest wishes for your success.i am still waiting for PPR. it is seemed taking a bit long time to get PPR as we are expecting a baby in late April, 2011. medical for wife and me are fairly finished at DMP . However , I would also like to join the "Sharing -Discussion- Session " with you all intending to land soon. If you select a location , please do let me being attached with you. But I haven't received any correspondence from the visa office till this morning.For your information ,I wanna land as soon as I get visa stamped and finish formalities. But still waiting ... please pray for me and for the first ever upcoming baby !

best wishes
imu

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Dear IMU and others...

Last year in November there was a successful get together party held at boomers.. so it is possible to arrange another one if members of this forum's really need it and find it useful. pls prepare some agendas to discuss on that program and then select suitable place and date. I am requesting someone to lead the program.

thanks
swapnochary

imu said:

best wishes
imu

S

shaon31

swapnochary said:
Dear IMU and others...

Last year in November there was a successful get together party held at boomers.. so it is possible to arrange another one if members of this forum's really need it and find it useful. pls prepare some agendas to discuss on that program and then select suitable place and date. I am requesting someone to lead the program.

thanks
swapnochary
yeah ... I am interested to join .....

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
@shaon31
rather say ...yeah ... I am interested to lead .....

--
swapnochary

shaon31 said:
yeah ... I am interested to join .....