+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get PCC From USA After Spending 6+ Months In India

nova0101

Aug 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have tried searching for this peculiar query but I couldn't find a proper response so asking here. So here it goes.

I lived in US for 1 year and 3 months but had to return in last December due to ongoing H1B Visa crisis. I have been living in India since then. Recently, I received NOI from Ontario and I have been trying to get my documents in order.
What I have learned that I would need PCC from USA as well since I spent more than 6 months there. Fortunately, I was able to secure my finger prints from the police station of the county I was staying in and I was able to get the certificate from FBI. Now here are my queries.

Do I need to get PCC from Indian Embassy in USA?
If yes, do I need to get that personally?
How should I go about the process of acquiring PCC from Indian Embassy?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

jeoffry

Apr 24, 2019
You need to get PCC from Indian authorities , apply for PCC in the Passport Seva Kendra website . Take an appointment and go in person , then will do the background check and issue it in a couple of days .

nova0101

Aug 28, 2019
You need to get PCC from Indian authorities , apply for PCC in the Passport Seva Kendra website . Take an appointment and go in person , then will do the background check and issue it in a couple of days .
I understand that. However, I would need to get the clearance certificate from Indian Embassy in USA, wouldn't I?

jeoffry

Apr 24, 2019
I think you are getting confused , we need to get country wise PCC so a US PCC would be issues by FBI and an Indian PCC would be issued by PSK coordinating with the local police station . So it would mean that whatever address mentioned in ur passport that local police station will verify ur records and issue the same

nova0101

Aug 28, 2019
I think you are getting confused , we need to get country wise PCC so a US PCC would be issues by FBI and an Indian PCC would be issued by PSK coordinating with the local police station . So it would mean that whatever address mentioned in ur passport that local police station will verify ur records and issue the same
So I have already gotten the certificate from FBI. However, the does not mention the address I lived at. So will that be valid PCC for my stay in USA?