+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get passport back in person from NYC consulate

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
Buleg said:
Hi,

Keep me posted & Good luck :)
Hi there,

I am also in the similar situation.I sent my application for TRV for Canada on the 13th Of July 2012 to the NY Consulate.I havent heard anything from them.I have sent a prepaid priority envelope for them to send all the documents back.I haven't sent them any emails yet,but i am getting nervous about the passport.

How many days did it take for some of you who applied to the NY consulate?
Will going personally to the consulate now be of any help in getting the visa stamped faster?
IF i now go there in person(while i have already sent the docs through mail),what other documents while i need to take along?
Will they consider people who have already sent their docs by mail and then go personally for following the application?
Any phone numbers to the consulate where you can get the status of the application?

Kindly advise me.

Sep 1, 2012
Based on some of the folks experience, we also decided to try our luck at NY consulate. It has been more than 30 days since we mailed our TRV application package to the Canadian consulate at New york. Since our trip was coming up and we did not hear back from the consulate , we decided to go in personally. we were also given a emergancy form to fill but once we gave it in, they gave us no information. they asked to wait for a call from them if they were going to issue a visa. there were several people who had filled in this form.
We never heard back from them. on top of it, the guards were extremely rude and unhelpful. Apparently the current overload at the consulate is 500 to 800 applications pending. Based on my experience, if you live near New york, it may be worth trying to get your visa by going in person (if you have mailed it in). dont bother driving in from too far - its a big disappointment.

We now have an email from them stating our application is in progress and will be sent to us soon. Our plans have already been dismantled, so the visa is of no use to us now.
hope our experience helps someone

Thanks

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Hi,

I have submitted my TRV application at the Canadian consulate in New York on Monday, 20th August 2012.
I was told that the decision will be announced on Thursday, 23rd August 2012.
The only reason for me to come to New York all the way from Iowa was to get the passport as soon as possible. I'm now concerned about my passport as I do not have any track of it. I was not even given any receipt at the consulate after submitting my application for TRV.
I have submitted a paid USPS return envelope to be mailed to me as I cannot go to the consulate on Thursday.

Even I am planning to visit consulate in New York to get my passport, as do not have any proof of my application (like receipt #) what should I say there? What all details or documents they may ask me to provide?

Any Help truly appreciated.

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Hi, I have submitted my TRV application in-person at the Canadian consulate in New York on Monday, 20th August 2012.
I was not even given any receipt at the consulate after submitting my application for TRV.
I did not receive my passport yet. Could you please tell me whom did you meet at the consulate, where is the receptionist place in the building? can you please guide me, as I am planning to go to the consulate in person to get my passport.

Any Help truly appreciated.

didiva said:
IT WORKED!

I went there in person at around 11.00 pm, they asked me to come back at 2.30, I went in, they called my name and gave me the stamped passport. That was actually really easy. If you can do it in person, I highly recommend to.

katygal

Aug 8, 2012
hi,

When you plan to walk in to the NYC consulate after mailing your application ,

1. Go to the consulate around 8 AM and you need not wait in the line as the other walk in applicants.
2. Go straight to the consulate and there is no such area as reception . The officers will not be very helpful so be prepared to face anything cos they will test your patience.
3. The walk in applicants are given priority so tell the officer that you have mailed your application ( your case will be heard only if your processing time has been more than 30 days ) and still waiting to receive your mail.
4. The officer will provide you an urgent processing form in which you can fill your personal details .
5. You can hand over the form and will be told that the officer will contact you via email or phone.
6. If you are lucky , they will contact you the same day and will inform you about your case status.

Good luck!!! :)

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Thank you for your reply....

3. The walk in applicants are given priority so tell the officer that you have mailed your application ( your case will be heard only if your processing time has been more than 30 days ) and still waiting to receive your mail.

Q: As I have submitted my application in-person, can I visit the consulate in person to get my passport?( have submitted my TRV application in-person at the Canadian consulate in New York on Monday, 20th August 2012) which is less than 30 days.

really appreciate your help.

katygal said:
hi,

When you plan to walk in to the NYC consulate after mailing your application ,

1. Go to the consulate around 8 AM and you need not wait in the line as the other walk in applicants.
2. Go straight to the consulate and there is no such area as reception . The officers will not be very helpful so be prepared to face anything cos they will test your patience.
4. The officer will provide you an urgent processing form in which you can fill your personal details .
5. You can hand over the form and will be told that the officer will contact you via email or phone.
6. If you are lucky , they will contact you the same day and will inform you about your case status.

Good luck!!! :)

srikanthanne

Aug 30, 2012
Baacheey : The case is same with me too.. went as walkin on 23rd August and was told to collect it on 27 August, Monday or was told with a UPS Prepaid shipping, it will be mailed on Monday. So,I spend 30$ to buy a UPS 2 days shipping envelope. Till day the UPS cover is not used since I couldnt see any information on tracking nor was it mailed through ordinary USPS. Let me know how it is going with you.

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
I have submitted a paid USPS return envelope to be mailed to me as I cannot go to the consulate on Thursday as I applied on Monday.
I am planning to go to consualte in person.

srikanthanne said:
Baacheey : The case is same with me too.. went as walkin on 23rd August and was told to collect it on 27 August, Monday or was told with a UPS Prepaid shipping, it will be mailed on Monday. So,I spend 30$ to buy a UPS 2 days shipping envelope. Till day the UPS cover is not used since I couldnt see any information on tracking nor was it mailed through ordinary USPS. Let me know how it is going with you.

srikanthanne

Aug 30, 2012
I Just hope we get the passports by next early week since I have to travel to canada on 16th Aug. Not sure why its taking so many days to just mail it out. I do remember being told that their will wait for a week before mailing through ordinary post but that is if we dont give them the prepaid envelope. Let me know how it goes when you collect it in person. I will also plan the same if its not too troublesome.

srikanthanne

Aug 30, 2012
Looks my passport is dispatched with scheduled delivery date given in UPS site as 10th Sep. I guess everyone who attended in person 2 weeks ago will get their passport next week.

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
When did your tracking get updated?

srikanthanne said:
Looks my passport is dispatched with scheduled delivery date given in UPS site as 10th Sep. I guess everyone who attended in person 2 weeks ago will get their passport next week.

baacheey

Sep 2, 2012
Picked my passport from New york consulate in person, it was in queue and was about to be mailed.

Thanks to all for the inforamtion.

beeinboston

Oct 19, 2012
Hello,

I applied for a business visit TRV in person at the NY office on October 1st 2012. I gave them a UPS envelope (2-day delivery). I still haven't heard anything!! I don't live in NY so going again in person will be a long trip to plan out during the week. Can anyone who collected their passport in person let me know what I need to do if I go there? I don't want to go to the office and not be allowed to speak with anyone.

Please help. :(

Thank you.