+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Get a six month tourist visa instead my Working Holiday Visa

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014
Hi,

I only like to update this topic, because some information changed. So other people with the same problem get maybe an answer.

I was pretty sure that I saw what you wrote. That I can only apply 30 days before my visa will expire. But I checked it again and now I have to apply at least 30 days before it expires.

But now I have another problem.
I will open another topic for that, but if someone read this and can help me here is the link.
Edit> because I can't post a Link, please search for "Can't upload IMM5708 and find my mistake"

I have a working holiday visa valid from 20.05.2014-20.05.2015 and I would like to extend my stay but change my visa status from working holiday to tourist.

So I applied to extend my stay and get a tourist visa.
But my problem i, I can't upload document IMM5708E (Version 06/2014)

I tried it with Fire Fox and got an error message "You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Error description Document is not a valid .pdf"

I also tried it with Internet Explorer and got a little bit more information.

"You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Error description Your status epiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form."

The question in IMM5708E is - I am applying for one or more of the following:
1 extension of my temporary resident status
2 restoration of temporary status as a visitor
3 initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Because I will stay longer as a visitor not as a worker I choose number 2 and answered the following question how long my visa is valid with "from 20.05.2014 to 20.05.2015'. Later I have to answer 'Indicate how long you plan to stay in Canada' I answered, because I would like to stay longer 'from 20.05.2015 to 30.09.2015'. But if I upload the document I get the error above.

I tried to answer my planned stay in Canada with my completed stay from 20.05.2014 to 30.09.2015, but I am only allowed to take a date from today or in the future.

As I choose question number 1 it ends up the same. So I have really no idea what is wrong and who I can ask for help. Because MyCIC answwers only for technical support and even if they will answer me it can take some weeks.

I hope someone out here can help me or even give me an advice who could.

Thank you very much in advance for everything!

JuJu123

Feb 7, 2015
Hey MONKUCKA,

I have a question concerning the same topic.

My working holiday visa expires at February 16th 2015 and I would like to extend my stay as a tourist.
Do I have to cross the border or is it enough to go to the airport to get my tourist visa? I hope I'm not too late...
And do I need any particular documents?

Thanks for your help!

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
JuJu123 said:
Hey MONKUCKA,

I have a question concerning the same topic.

My working holiday visa expires at February 16th 2015 and I would like to extend my stay as a tourist.
Do I have to cross the border or is it enough to go to the airport to get my tourist visa? I hope I'm not too late...
And do I need any particular documents?

Thanks for your help!
As far as i know you can do iT online before your current status expie. You have to extend your stay and change your status to visitor.