+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

George Brown College -Information Systems Business Analyst

Sonesh

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Toronto Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IS anyone done with GIC Payment here? I wanted to ask where do you send the GIC Wire transfer proof receipt? Do we have to send it as a reply to the first mail received from Scotiabank or someone else coz i as such cannot see "new mail" option there. Please respond, Its lil urgent.

rajeshb220591

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
Sonesh said:
IS anyone done with GIC Payment here? I wanted to ask where do you send the GIC Wire transfer proof receipt? Do we have to send it as a reply to the first mail received from Scotiabank or someone else coz i as such cannot see "new mail" option there. Please respond, Its lil urgent.
no need to send the receipt...u'll receive the GIC certificate within 9 working days after u transfer the money.
in my case i received it in 4 days.

Sonesh

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Toronto Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshb220591 said:
no need to send the receipt...u'll receive the GIC certificate within 9 working days after u transfer the money.
in my case i received it in 4 days.
Thank you so much for the response brother. :)

lnykgz

Aug 18, 2013
Bert32 said:
Hi guys

Got a a question regarding George Brown College Placement Assessment, it is said on their website that its mandatory for international students.
Did anyone of you guys here or someone you know from GBC already took the assessment?
Does it affect your study there?because I'm afraid that if you fail the assessment they will give you additional foundation course which means additional fees.

Thanks
Same question! What kind of Assessment? Thanks in advance!

helix

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
App. Filed.......
Inland Sponsorship - Dec 2, 2016
Med's Request
November 2017
lnykgz said:
Same question! What kind of Assessment? Thanks in advance!
According to GBC's Student Guide... assessment test for English / Math is necessary for post-secondary students.

Post Graduate & degree students are not required to take the assessment / placement test.

lnykgz

Aug 18, 2013
I'm taking ESL class in GBC, and I will enter into T405(Post Graduate) next January, but someone told me I should take placement test. However others told me that the placement test are not neccesary for us. So I'm very confused about it. Could you help me to send a copy of GBC's Student Guide to my inbox. Thank you very much!

helix said:
According to GBC's Student Guide... assessment test for English / Math is necessary for post-secondary students.

Post Graduate & degree students are not required to take the assessment / placement test.

prad

Dec 7, 2013
I am planning to join Information Systems Business Analysis Program.

Under Admission Requirements,they have asked for 550 in toefl.

isn't ielts enough for this course??

Also in the requirement they have asked for atleast 1 year relevant experience.

Do I need to have 1 yr exp in business analysis for applying to this course??

pd_IT

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Hello DKS,

prashanth from chennai :),

i am also looking at joining ISBA @ GBC for the 2014 sept intake..

TrilokTrance

Feb 2, 2014
Hi,

Even i'm Joining ISBA course for the Sept14 intake.

I am Trilok from Bangalore and My profile is:

12th - 68%
B.E(Cs) - 55%
IELTS- Taking up March 1st week

I am working on my LOR and SOP for now.

I'm applying on coming monday for the conditional offer letter. Hope i get through

Those who are applying for the same intake. Please do share your profile.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pd_IT said:
Hello DKS,

prashanth from chennai :),

i am also looking at joining ISBA @ GBC for the 2014 sept intake..
Hey Buddy...How u doing ??? coming in Sep 2014 ??

bulbul10

Feb 16, 2014
Re: George Brown College - ielts

hi !! everyone :)
i sent a mail to the international admission office of gbc. regarding my ielts score, i was scoring 1 band less than required for the business graduate program
the college said , i can enroll in the level 6 of english language and have to study till level 8 , and i can study english and my intended graduate program simultaneously,
i am fine with that
but i am worried really tensed :( ??? :( about getting visa, will my visa b rejected
as my overall score is 5.5

waiting for your replies
i wanna apply for fall 2014.

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: George Brown College - ielts

bulbul10 said:
hi !! everyone :)
i sent a mail to the international admission office of gbc. regarding my ielts score, i was scoring 1 band less than required for the business graduate program
the college said , i can enroll in the level 6 of english language and have to study till level 8 , and i can study english and my intended graduate program simultaneously,
i am fine with that
but i am worried really tensed :( ??? :( about getting visa, will my visa b rejected
as my overall score is 5.5

waiting for your replies
i wanna apply for fall 2014.

They don't ask for IELTS score for the visa...you should be fine...

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys what's the exact full tuition fees(1 year) for this Information Systems Business Analyst course???

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jass bhatia said:
guys what's the exact full tuition fees(1 year) for this Information Systems Business Analyst course???
It was 20,171 CAD in Jan 2014.