GENERAL OR ACADEMIC?

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kaleem007 said:
IELTS General moudule is required for Immigration purposes.
IELTS Academic moudule is required for higher studies.
true but some places both r vaild

Kaleem007

Oct 11, 2011
mariajerry said:
hello everyone!
can somebody help me! i would like to apply as a federal skilled worker in canada. I am a nurse. What module will i take? and do i have to reach a specific score to be eligible to apply?
thank you. pls help!
You need to take General Module. As per CIC there is no specific score mentioned to be achieved to apply for immigration but try to get atleast 6.5 or 7 bands out of 9 before applying. Best of luck :)

ParagP

Dec 10, 2011
Hello friends,
I am applying for the QSW programme. I am a Pharmacist and also a MBA graduate.
I am qualifying under skilled migrant category. I have not any intention to study in Canada but as per AOT (area of trainning)I need to qualify the pharmacist assessment test in Quebec or else I need to study 18 months master programme in pharmacy (as per Quebec selection criteria). But the above criterion is just for the official Canadian pharmacist who wants to work as hospital/retail pharmacist. I want to work as industrial pharmacists which don’t require any test.

So my question is that, for immigration purpose we give the General test and for higher education we give the Academic test. If I give the Academic IELTS then will that be consider for both immigration and higher education purpose.????

Please suggest me taking my above situation into account.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ParagP said:
Hello friends,
I am applying for the QSW programme. I am a Pharmacist and also a MBA graduate.
I am qualifying under skilled migrant category. I have not any intention to study in Canada but as per AOT (area of trainning)I need to qualify the pharmacist assessment test in Quebec or else I need to study 18 months master programme in pharmacy (as per Quebec selection criteria). But the above criterion is just for the official Canadian pharmacist who wants to work as hospital/retail pharmacist. I want to work as industrial pharmacists which don't require any test.

So my question is that, for immigration purpose we give the General test and for higher education we give the Academic test. If I give the Academic IELTS then will that be consider for both immigration and higher education purpose.????

Please suggest me taking my above situation into account.
No - academic is not accepted for immigration purposes. Only general is accepted for immigration.