+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

Armstrong234

Aug 12, 2018
Well I'm happy to announce that I just received Re Med request. No ghost updates, just an email to check my profile. And there the request was sitting happily. And if you are like me, you know this is a mini PPR!!! Yaaay :D:D

8 months and 2 weeks of SS.
Does re-medical request mean security is passed ?

Elphen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi. I just got an update on my application by calling ircc. They told me that my security check has been in place since May 28th. AoR is Feb 11 2019. I'm assuming I'm in ss since I was requested my CV on May 28th and till now my application is in process and security is pending. I feel it's a clear sign of being in security screening. Can anyone kindly shed thoughts?

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi. I just got an update on my application by calling ircc. They told me that my security check has been in place since May 28th. AoR is Feb 11 2019. I'm assuming I'm in ss since I was requested my CV on May 28th and till now my application is in process and security is pending. I feel it's a clear sign of being in security screening. Can anyone kindly shed thoughts?
yes, it maybe it

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
so sad, I have been in security check for 1 months now. does that mean I am in security screening ???

cic processed my file for 18 months already, and they did nothing in previous 17 months. they immediately put me in security screening after MR and ADR 1 months ago....

people in same office received DM one week after MR and ADR... why me !??? I have super simple background and being honest to all info !!
You are not alone. My case waited 11 months(without any rr) to get security started (this June), then silence again (guess security screening). I have simple business background, and my case is in Sydney. Also I’m an EE applicant.

I don’t know why, and I don’t know how long I should keep waiting.

Reactions: sheeponthetree

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
You are not alone. My case waited 11 months(without any rr) to get security started (this June), then silence again (guess security screening). I have simple business background, and my case is in Sydney. Also I’m an EE applicant.

I don’t know why, and I don’t know how long I should keep waiting.
What did you study before ? The only thing I can think of is that I have a electronic engineer degree and computer science degree in postgraduate level.

But I have never worked in any other country before. Super simple travel history and personal history.

Moon22

Feb 10, 2019
Hey guys
Here my timeline
Aor : 27 Aug 2018
Ip2 since aor
Biometric and MEP : september 20 , 2018
Ghost update : feb 4 2019
ADR : government table feb 5 2019
SS : feb7 ( as per CBSA notes)
In progress by CBSA : feb 8
Ghost update : July 22
Remedical request july 23
Remedical done july 30
Medical passed Aug Aug 2
Ghost update Aug 3
Ppr : Aug 5
Copr : Aug 8
There is always light at the end of tunnel
Keep Hope

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all!
I'm in a different boat now, getting ready to submit the EE profile but I think this thread is valuable for planning ahead.

Are there any common triggers for SS? Or is it a totally random process? Is there any list of official criteria?
I'm on F1 visa in the US with my OPT set to expire in early June, so I wonder about probability of being selected for security check.
Nationality: Russian
Currently: USA
Never worked for government/military/etc. Traveled to EU, US, Israel, Turkey, Georgia, Montenegro.

Last edited:

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hey guys
Here my timeline
Aor : 27 Aug 2018
Ip2 since aor
Biometric and MEP : september 20 , 2018
Ghost update : feb 4 2019
ADR : government table feb 5 2019
SS : feb7 ( as per CBSA notes)
In progress by CBSA : feb 8
Ghost update : July 22
Remedical request july 23
Remedical done july 30
Medical passed Aug Aug 2
Ghost update Aug 3
Ppr : Aug 5
Copr : Aug 8
There is always light at the end of tunnel
Keep Hope
you are kinda fast for SS.

what kinda background do you have ?

I think my background is super simple, does that mean a fast SS like yours?

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hi all!
I'm in a different boat now, getting ready to submit the EE profile but I think this thread is valuable for planning ahead.

Are there any common triggers for SS? Or is it a totally random process? Is there any list of official criteria?
I'm on F1 visa in the US with my OPT set to expire in early June, so I wonder about probability of being selected for security check. I was hoping to relocate fro
Nationality: Russian
Currently: USA
Never worked for government/military/etc. Traveled to EU, US, Israel, Turkey, Georgia, Montenegro.
I have nothing like you listed above.

I was just student in canada before, and only went to US for tourism for only a couple of days.

I do not have any work experience either.

everything is clear on my document and I have been really careful about it too.

but I am in SS now ! !

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have nothing like you listed above.

I was just student in canada before, and only went to US for tourism for only a couple of days.

I do not have any work experience either.

everything is clear on my document and I have been really careful about it too.

but I am in SS now ! !
Nationality, if I may ask?
From what you just said looks more like a random targeting.

sheeponthetree

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Nationality, if I may ask?
From what you just said looks more like a random targeting.
It has Nothing to do with my nationality, since many of my friends of my nationality got PR very quickly... we have exactly same background (including education certificate )except born in different province in our country, but i do not think province of same country makes any different tho.

My study permit and 3-year work permit approved just like in a week. super fast.

But PR ... I was just very unlucky this time !

The only thing I can think of is that, the visa officer may think my background is too simple to believe??? (But I have been honest with everything and listed everything too)

The worse thing is that, they did nothing to my file in previous 16.5 months(as notes shows only criminality is in Process, all others are Not Started), and I got MR until the 17th months since applied. and then they put me in SS !!??? dang !

Last edited:

Priya0227

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2019
I sent an email to Ottawa for an update on my file...... Got this reply

Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times

This is the first time I got a reply like this which says, it requires additional verification.......
Is it generic response or something else..... Do I need to be worried about it??

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
What did you study before ? The only thing I can think of is that I have a electronic engineer degree and computer science degree in postgraduate level.

But I have never worked in any other country before. Super simple travel history and personal history.
In fact I studied marketing, that is why I feel very confused why my security takes so long, and it is still in process since June.