Med's Done....
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Is there an issue if I request GCMS notes on a monthly basis? I am planning to request them on a monthly basis and I am wondering if it will affect my application. My file has been at VO for 3 months now.

How often do you request yours?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
requesting the electronic notes will not have any affect on your application. however, if you submit requests too often, they can refuse to issue them. generally, there can not be 2 requests open at the same time. so if you're still waiting for 1 request to be complete and submit another request because it's "every 30 days", they will let you know they are canceling the request. there have been reports on here of people who requested them regularly and received notices that their requests would be denied because they are requesting too close together.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Being at a VO for 3 months is normal. Requesting notes every 30 days is a bit excessive. They can just "delay" them (look at our case -- they decided to delay them for 140 days, despite repeated requests for status). That would effectively block you from submitting more requests. One thing I have learned with CIC, no news is usually good news. When they contact you, it's generally either to announce a change/end of the process, or they are demanding documents or proof. So, it's kind of the "no news is good news" adage with them.

glenette

Nov 12, 2010
Hi i need help!!!!!. I'm divorced here in canada and just had my appearance for permanent residency last january 4. The officer ask me what's my status and answered divorced. i do have a partner in philippines and our relationship just started only last august 16, 2016. should i have let them know it before my appearance? i can't call it common-law because we're not living together yet.Any advice pls;(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
glenette said:
Hi i need help!!!!!. I'm divorced here in canada and just had my appearance for permanent residency last january 4. The officer ask me what's my status and answered divorced. i do have a partner in philippines and our relationship just started only last august 16, 2016. should i have let them know it before my appearance? i can't call it common-law because we're not living together yet.Any advice pls;(

You should create your own thread. However, if you're not married or common-law, then you're ok.