+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funding query - SENIORS PLZZZ REPLY

reena143

Aug 2, 2014
hello frenz,

i got my visa approved recently. i have one doubt..i was sanctioned a student loan which i filed with my visa application but now i don't want to avail the student loan. i have my own funds with which i can easily manage my fees and expenses. is it compulsory to take student loan, before i go to canada? will the immigration officer at poe question on this? or anyone else from cic can question me if i'm paying fees directly from my account instead of my bank?

i'm worried about this..i don't want to end up paying lots of interest later after 2-3 years by taking loan. please advise...

Reena

inderchanna

May 12, 2013
reena143 said:
hello frenz,

i got my visa approved recently. i have one doubt..i was sanctioned a student loan which i filed with my visa application but now i don't want to avail the student loan. i have my own funds with which i can easily manage my fees and expenses. is it compulsory to take student loan, before i go to canada? will the immigration officer at poe question on this? or anyone else from cic can question me if i'm paying fees directly from my account instead of my bank?

i'm worried about this..i don't want to end up paying lots of interest later after 2-3 years by taking loan. please advise...

Reena

It is your decision if you want to use the loan or not. The bank sanctions your loan meaning they don't have any problem in lending you that much money. If you have enough capital to sustain during your academic period then I guess you will not be requiring the bank loan anyways. Nowadays, you can even work from the day you step into Canada. Happy Days :)

Sabbircoyg

Sep 17, 2014
i am going to canada(HALIFAX) for undergrad in engineering studies.
And i am funded by my parents.
but i want to help them out by earning by doing on campus jobs during the time of education and off campus (full time)jobs while on vacations.
so my questions are-
1. how difficult is it for us(international students) to get on campus jobs,after arriving in canada?
2.can i earn like 10thousand dollars or a little more every year by working the way i mentioned above?
3.Are off campus part time jobs available in canada?

bis_86

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Sabbircoyg said:
i am going to canada(HALIFAX) for undergrad in engineering studies.
And i am funded by my parents.
but i want to help them out by earning by doing on campus jobs during the time of education and off campus (full time)jobs while on vacations.
so my questions are-
1. how difficult is it for us(international students) to get on campus jobs,after arriving in canada?
2.can i earn like 10thousand dollars or a little more every year by working the way i mentioned above?
3.Are off campus part time jobs available in canada?
you have a separate thread I believe dont intrude in other threads with your query

reena143

Aug 2, 2014
MNM2014 said:
They will be least interested in source as long as you pay your tuition fee.
Thank you MNM2014 and inderchanna. What I wanted to know further is:

1. Will they mention on my study permit that I have opted for funding by a bank or that my tuition fee should be paid by my bank, etc.?

2. I know the college will be least intersted in who's paying as long as they are paying but I wanted to be doubly sure that CIC does not have any problem if I pay the fees on my own.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
1. Will they mention on my study permit that I have opted for funding by a bank or that my tuition fee should be paid by my bank, etc.?
lol no

2. I know the college will be least intersted in who's paying as long as they are paying but I wanted to be doubly sure that CIC does not have any problem if I pay the fees on my own.
they have no problem as long as u pay......just make sure ur not planning to work in canada and pay ur fees its almost not possible.

reena143

Aug 2, 2014
mead said:
lol no

they have no problem as long as u pay......just make sure ur not planning to work in canada and pay ur fees its almost not possible.
Thank you so much mead. you rock buddy