+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fund??

sans

Feb 8, 2009
I am applying for student visa (Masters for 16 months).

Regrarding funds what kinds of documents are required to show the fund?

I have about 16,000 CND in goverment owned organizations : Employee Provident Fund and Civil Investment Fund. I have balance statements from these two organization and these fund will be available when resign my job.
Can I show these as my fund? or the fund has to be from ONLY commercial banks??

Do I have to show my family income, assets, sponser letter of my dad, brother?

kanishk

Feb 28, 2009
sans said:
I am applying for student visa (Masters for 16 months).

Regrarding funds what kinds of documents are required to show the fund?

I have about 16,000 CND in goverment owned organizations : Employee Provident Fund and Civil Investment Fund. I have balance statements from these two organization and these fund will be available when resign my job.
Can I show these as my fund? or the fund has to be from ONLY commercial banks??

Do I have to show my family income, assets, sponser letter of my dad, brother?
Hi dear,

As far as student visas are concerned, they are a bit strict about the funds portion!!
So, make sure that the money that you show is somewhat old and it corresponds to your income levels!!
PF statements and government bonds are valid but you have to mention in the Statement that what amount of that PF is withdrawable. For example, you have 10 lacs in ur GPF and the withdrawable amont is 80% of that. You need to mention this in the PF statement and the CA Statement. You should also provide the PF slips that an employee gets every year. All the funds you show must have proof of their origin. otherwise they will give a straight rejection!!!

Hope it will help you out...Make sure to cross check my answers with some senior member 2!!!

All the best for your future...

Regards

kanishk

Feb 28, 2009
Hi,

The documents you need to produce are
-Salary slips
-Income tax returns
-Bank statements and not balance certificates!!! (They are going to check the flow of money in your account from last 6 months to 1 year)
-Your direct family relatives i.e Father, mother and brother can show their balance on your behalf but then they need to provide a notarized affidavit of declaration!!!!
-PF Slips and GPF Certificates.
-Statement of Savings in Government funds...
-Finally a statement of Charted Accountant that shows your liquid assets and immovable assets valuation

Make sure that the money you show has enough liquid cash that equals your tution fee + your living expense(CAD 17000 per year per person)

Regards and all the best