+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time work during full time studies

qasimm

Mar 20, 2022
I studied outside canada. I did Bachelors of Science (Computer Science) and due to covid all classes were online so I was able to both work full time and study full time.

Questions:
1. Will my work experience count as full time while I was also studying full time?
2. I am currently working in a full time job and a part time job in same NOC. Can I add both of these in work history?

D

Deleted member 1050918

I studied outside canada. I did Bachelors of Science (Computer Science) and due to covid all classes were online so I was able to both work full time and study full time.
Do you mean you were enrolled in a program at a Canadian institution but finished your studies while abroad due to covid? I'll assume that's the case.

1. Will my work experience count as full time while I was also studying full time?
If the work was outside Canada then yes, that work experience counts as full time.

2. I am currently working in a full time job and a part time job in same NOC. Can I add both of these in work history?
You can add them both but there's no CRS benefit since one of those jobs was already full time and you can't claim more than 30 hours a week. So I suggest you add only the full time job into your work history but be advised that you must mention both full and part time jobs in your personal history. Your personal history is different than your work history. Personal history is asked only after you've received an ITA.

Reactions: qasimm

qasimm

Mar 20, 2022
Do you mean you were enrolled in a program at a Canadian institution but finished your studies while abroad due to covid? I'll assume that's the case.

If the work was outside Canada then yes, that work experience counts as full time.

You can add them both but there's no CRS benefit since one of those jobs was already full time and you can't claim more than 30 hours a week. So I suggest you add only the full time job into your work history but be advised that you must mention both full and part time jobs in your personal history. Your personal history is different than your work history. Personal history is asked only after you've received an ITA.
I was not enrolled in a Canadian Institute. The study was completely outside Canada.

Also there is a question in Express entry profile "When did Applicant became qualified to work in this profession?" My NOC is 2174 - Software engineers and designers and I started working before completing my degree. Will that have an effect on my work experience?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Also there is a question in Express entry profile "When did Applicant became qualified to work in this profession?" My NOC is 2174 - Software engineers and designers and I started working before completing my degree. Will that have an effect on my work experience?
You become qualified to work in your NOC as of the date you received your degree. The period of time you worked prior to receiving your degree doesn't count as qualified. So you should enter the date you received your degree for that question.

Reactions: qasimm

Alphabeta1415

Jan 25, 2023
Hello all,
Please help URGENT I received ITA under CEC
I have 1 year Canadian experience (Qualifies me to meet cec eligibility)
also I have 1 year of India work experience but in that 2 months were while studying and in last semester of Bachelors. When I put all details correctly its giving me 26 points under skill transferability foreign work experience tab.

If this is scenario can I claim foreign work experience points under CEC ?

@legalfalcon or anyother expert please advise