+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP Application and Soon to be Expired Passport ?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Does anyone know what are the possible implications (in terms of time delays) of applying for FSWP with a passport that expires in ~18 months?

The reason I ask this is, as you know, the FSWP process includes submitting a copy of your passport bio data page.

Also, my Police Certificate will make specific reference to my current (valid) passport

My current passport has all my travel history for the pass 9 years.

Would I incur any delays in the FSWP process if during my FSWP application processing I changed my passport or, depending on how long the FSWP process takes (which maybe more than 18 months), my passport expires and I renew it?

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
donutbox said:
Does anyone know what are the possible implications (in terms of time delays) of applying for FSWP with a passport that expires in ~18 months?

The reason I ask this is, as you know, the FSWP process includes submitting a copy of your passport bio data page.

Also, my Police Certificate will make specific reference to my current (valid) passport

My current passport has all my travel history for the pass 9 years.

Would I incur an delays in the FSWP process if I during my FSWP application processing I changed my passport or, depending on how long the FSWP process takes (which maybe more than 18 months), my passport expires and I renew it?

There is no implication if you renew your passport in he duration when your application is in process at CHC, I renewed my passport as well.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
jotgrewal said:

There is no implication if you renew your passport in he duration when your application is in process at CHC, I renewed my passport as well.
Thanks for responding with answer.

Snazme

Jun 29, 2012
Hello Jot,

I recently received my PER for my visa application and my passport was renewed last month. When do you suggest that I send the new passport details?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
SM