+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Question regarding IELTS

trypr2

Apr 24, 2013
I took the IELTS exam in August 2010 and sent that along with my application to Buffalo, NY visa office. But my application got denied for some other reason (experience letters). Now, my question is - can I use the same score to submit another application under FSW category?
Though IELTS score is valid for only 2 years, I found the following from the cic website:
Applicants are permitted to submit a copy of their language test results with a new application only if the original test results were submitted with a previous Federal Skilled Worker application and were not returned to the applicant. All copies of language test results must be accompanied by a photocopy of the refusal letter from CIC and an explanation that CIC retained and currently holds the original.

Do I need to take the IELTS exam again or can I use the same?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The test is too old. You'll need to take it again before you apply for FSW.

trypr2

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for your reply. But the highlighted lines from cic website is confusing. It states that applicants can send a copy of the previous IELTS result, if the original was submitted along with a previous FSW application and the application was denied. That is exactly my case. I sent the original along with my previous application and that got denied. CIC didn't return my original IELTS result.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
trypr2 said:
Thanks for your reply. But the highlighted lines from cic website is confusing. It states that applicants can send a copy of the previous IELTS result, if the original was submitted along with a previous FSW application and the application was denied. That is exactly my case. I sent the original along with my previous application and that got denied. CIC didn't return my original IELTS result.
No - it's not confusing at all. You're misunderstanding what this statement stays.

The statement says that if you submitted your original IELTS results with a previous application then you can submit a copy of the results with a later application.

However the IELTS still have to be valid when you submit them. Since IELTS are only valid for two years yours are no longer valid and you must retake IELTS before you submit your application for FSW. If you fail to retake the test your application will be automatically refused.