FSW or CEC after ITA

IvanX

Jan 15, 2017
Hi guys,

I'm under a tricky situation now...

ITA: 11 Jan 2017
score: 466
no LIMA no PNP

Just got ITA and am working on filling the forms, so I haven't seen the required materials yet.
Q1: Will I be able to modify the application forms after I see the materials required? And should I update the infomation that was not correct before ITA?

On my EE profile (before ita) it shows that FSW met and CEC met. I did some googling and found that if that is the case, I will be invited to FSW category.
Q2: Ppl will be invited to FSW if both FSW met and CEC met? How can we tell which category are we invited with?

I did something silly. I didn't know that for proof of funds, money more that the minimum required funds has to be in my bank account for more that 6 months. I tranferred a lot of money to my parents so I no longer meet this. I thought CEC doesn't need proof of funds anyway, but now I seem to be invited with FSW category which needs POF...
1. I think only ppl with "valid job offer" (LIMA?) doesn't need to provide POF
2. My parents didn't accept the money so it was tranferred back to my account. But it was not in my account from 09 Dec 2016 to 13 Jan 2017...
3. I know that ppl can decline the invitation, change funds to 0 and change has a offer to no to change the invitation to CEC, but I guess that means I'll need to wait for another rounds. 466 is a pretty risky score so I'm not sure if I'll be fine to do this and wait...
Q3: Any suggestion on the situation above? For #2 will it work if I provide an explain letter...? For #3 will it have a negative impact if I decline the invitation?

I knew very little about EE so any suggestion on any of the questions will help a lot.

Many thanks!
Ivan

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
In your ITA should have the information if you were invite for CEC or FSW, however, there is a rule when you meet both, the CEC takes precedent over FSW. So, you should have been invited under CEC.

If you were invited under CEC, you don't need to provide POF, but need to provide the information about your income (current job), payslips, T4, etc. Doesn't need to be LMIA job.

IvanX

Jan 15, 2017
paulard said:
In your ITA should have the information if you were invite for CEC or FSW, however, there is a rule when you meet both, the CEC takes precedent over FSW. So, you should have been invited under CEC.

If you were invited under CEC, you don't need to provide POF, but need to provide the information about your income (current job), payslips, T4, etc. Doesn't need to be LMIA job.
Hi paulard,

Yes I just checked and found that I am under CEC.
Great to know that CEC takes precedent over FSW now. I didn't find it anywhere on the internet.

There is still a POF section in the required documents part for me. Is that intended?

I may need change some of my information about my degree after ITA which will not affect my score. Do I need a LOE?
Also, I updated some more activity informations. Should I write a LOE for anything I've changed?

Many thanks!
Ivan

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
Provide LOE for everything you are changing from the original profile will not hurt.

About POF for CEC, you need to provide you have enough income to keep you and family. You can provide an LOE within payslips and T4.

About degree changes, I am not sure, but if you are sure that will not affect your score, with an LOE you should be good.

IvanX

Jan 15, 2017
Many thanks!
I've updated quite a few and I forgot which info did I updated... I'll have to compare with my old profile I guess.
In that case my POF doesn't need to meet the requirement for POF right? I have money there but I transferred it once.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanX said:
Many thanks!
I've updated quite a few and I forgot which info did I updated... I'll have to compare with my old profile I guess.
In that case my POF doesn't need to meet the requirement for POF right? I have money there but I transferred it once.
Simply upload a letter stating that you've been invited under CEC and thus, no POF are required.

There is a placeholder for POF as you've stated an amount other than "0" in the question regarding how much funds you'll bring to Canada.

IvanX

Jan 15, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
Simply upload a letter stating that you've been invited under CEC and thus, no POF are required.

There is a placeholder for POF as you've stated an amount other than "0" in the question regarding how much funds you'll bring to Canada.
Then can I change it to 0 and upload a letter stating that I change it to 0 because I've been invited under CEC and thus no POF are required?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanX said:
Then can I change it to 0 and upload a letter stating that I change it to 0 because I've been invited under CEC and thus no POF are required?
That's fine.

zfx610

Jan 15, 2017
Thank you for the OP, exactly the question I was wondering!! But just one more concern: is it really fine if I want to change "how much funds you'll bring to Canada" amount to "0" or any other number in my ITA application? Since the amount in my express entry application was a different number. As far as I concern, two applications information should be matched exactly. I'm just afraid that I'll be rejected because of the discrepancy. Or maybe like you said, I can change the number but state the change in the letter, then I'll be fine? :-[

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zfx610 said:
Thank you for the OP, exactly the question I was wondering!! But just one more concern: is it really fine if I want to change "how much funds you'll bring to Canada" amount to "0" or any other number in my ITA application? Since the amount in my express entry application was a different number. As far as I concern, two applications information should be matched exactly. I'm just afraid that I'll be rejected because of the discrepancy. Or maybe like you said, I can change the number but state the change in the letter, then I'll be fine? :-[
Yes, it is fine.

If you're so worried then don't change that number and upload a letter instead in the POF placeholder.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020

Hi. I was invited through PNP under express entry. Do I need to provide POF? I met both CEC and FSW. Also, can you share the link or anything that states CEC takes precedent over FSW? I applied PNP under Human Capital priorities stream-CEC. Do i Need POF for that? Or I can sub,it the documents you mentioned?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi. I was invited through PNP under express entry. Do I need to provide POF? I met both CEC and FSW. Also, can you share the link or anything that states CEC takes precedent over FSW? I applied PNP under Human Capital priorities stream-CEC. Do i Need POF for that? Or I can sub,it the documents you mentioned?
Are you a Inland Candidate work in a job and with a active Job offer. That will be your POF more than money in the Bank account.