eddyaa1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-12-2023
Hello Dear,

I'm a FSW through EE. I have good reasons to stay in Quebec if needs be (family), and in my application I stated that I intend to reside in Quebec at some point. Is that a mistake that might cause refusal? I don't want to reside in Quebec. I also submitted a web form to explain my case and that I won't reside in Quebec ultimately. Does anyone know how long until IRCC responds?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Dear,

I'm a FSW through EE. I have good reasons to stay in Quebec if needs be (family), and in my application I stated that I intend to reside in Quebec at some point. Is that a mistake that might cause refusal? I don't want to reside in Quebec. I also submitted a web form to explain my case and that I won't reside in Quebec ultimately. Does anyone know how long until IRCC responds?
Yes, it is an issue. In applying to EE, you need to show that you are intending to reside outside of Quebec. So you need to show residency outside through property, lease, health cards etc. What are you showing that you are moving or have moved? If your intent is to live in Quebec, then apply through Quebec immigration.

eddyaa1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-12-2023
Yes, it is an issue. In applying to EE, you need to show that you are intending to reside outside of Quebec. So you need to show residency outside through property, lease, health cards etc. What are you showing that you are moving or have moved? If your intent is to live in Quebec, then apply through Quebec immigration.
But I currently live outside Canada and I am applying for PR, how can I show proof that I'll reside outside Quebec? Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But I currently live outside Canada and I am applying for PR, how can I show proof that I'll reside outside Quebec? Thanks.
You cannot say your intent is to live in Quebec. That is a refusal as you would apply through Quebec immigration. Why would you say you plan to live in Quebec? Just don’t do it.

eddyaa1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2023
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-12-2023
You cannot say your intent is to live in Quebec. That is a refusal as you would apply through Quebec immigration. Why would you say you plan to live in Quebec? Just don’t do it.
It was a mistake, and I explained in a web form the reason behind the misunderstanding. I hope they consider my message.