+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW application without PCC. Implications??

papgust

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
My PCC in India is giving me a real tough time. Shuttling back and forth everyday to the police station. On the other hand, i got the PCC from uk done within 2 days. Man seriously? how contrasting.

I want to ask - what are the implications if the application is sent without PCC? CIC seem to say that in the website that its fine. But it should be ready when the visa officer asks for it.

My questions are:
1. Is it really fine and normal to send the application without PCC? Will there be any significant delay in processing if the PCC is sent a week or 10 days later?
2. The website says the PCC should be sent immediately when the visa officer asks for it? What normally is the time gap between application sent and when the visa officer asks for it?

Deep1984

Feb 17, 2013
Hi,

Instruction guide mentions the below:
Note. We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested.

Even if you are unable to get all the certificates, you can send the application. Please note that its the Visa Office where you need to submit the PCC, if your application is thru after initial review. I assume your Visa office would be New Delhi, if you are applying from India.

Getting a police certificate is simpler in India if you approach the passport office. Submit your request in Passport seva and you can go to passport office without an appointment. Police clearance would be given same day if there is no change in the address of passport and the place of issue.

papgust

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Deep1984 said:
Hi,

Instruction guide mentions the below:
Note. We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested.

Even if you are unable to get all the certificates, you can send the application. Please note that its the Visa Office where you need to submit the PCC, if your application is thru after initial review. I assume your Visa office would be New Delhi, if you are applying from India.

Getting a police certificate is simpler in India if you approach the passport office. Submit your request in Passport seva and you can go to passport office without an appointment. Police clearance would be given same day if there is no change in the address of passport and the place of issue.
That's a good point. Never realised that the visa office will be New Delhi although I know it is. Thanks for pointing it out.

Btw, yes process is much simpler now. But it's due to my old address in passport that makes my life really tough now. Although the process of applying is now simple in India, the process of verification needs to improve definitely if the address in passport is different.

papgust

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Can I send one country's PCC with the application? And the other country's at a later point of time. In addition, a formal letter explaining that the other PCC is under processing and will be ready in a week or so.

Does the CIC take it in good sense or does it send unimpressive signal?

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Yes, its fine with explanation letter
No need to give any timelimit for other PCC

papgust said:
Can I send one country's PCC with the application? And the other country's at a later point of time. In addition, a formal letter explaining that the other PCC is under processing and will be ready in a week or so.

Does the CIC take it in good sense or does it send unimpressive signal?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
papgust said:
My PCC in India is giving me a real tough time. Shuttling back and forth everyday to the police station. On the other hand, i got the PCC from uk done within 2 days. Man seriously? how contrasting.

I want to ask - what are the implications if the application is sent without PCC? CIC seem to say that in the website that its fine. But it should be ready when the visa officer asks for it.

My questions are:
1. Is it really fine and normal to send the application without PCC? Will there be any significant delay in processing if the PCC is sent a week or 10 days later?
2. The website says the PCC should be sent immediately when the visa officer asks for it? What normally is the time gap between application sent and when the visa officer asks for it?

You should read the first "Note" (on page 1) of the Document Checklist [IMM 5612] (PDF, 233 KB), it clearly states what you should do if you can't provide the requested documentation.

papgust

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hi all,

I have sent the application without PCC. But after a week, I got all my PCCs. My question is

Shall I send the PCC separately as a second post to CIC now?
Or wait for the CIC to come back and intimate me when and where to send the PCC?

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010

vgkish

Jun 15, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
Hi
I have a question regarding PCC. I have been living in the same house for the past 7 yrs. When I applied for pcc, they said they would give clearance certificate for these 7 yrs only. Is that enough or do I need to get for 10 yrs? That would be difficult for me as I have lived in different cities !! Please suggest...

Thanks
vgkish