+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
veteran said:
Hey guys,

I want to discuss about NOC 4011..I am having 3+ years experience as a Asstt. Professor in Engineering field.but the confusion is I have B.tech degree only..I found that masters is required.Is it so?????

Moreover, it is also mentioned

Licences or professional certification may be required for professors teaching future practitioners in certain professionally regulated fields, such as medicine, engineering, architecture, psychology or law.

I think btech itself a professional certificate..

Please COMMENT
Hi,

One usually can not be a Professor without a Master's degree. That is the current norm in almost all universities/colleges (except for yours, of course). The designation used in those cases is Lecturer I believe.

The points you are mentioning are the employment requirements for anyone belonging to this NOC field, not a set of qualifications though. That is, for University Teaching, PhD/Masters would be needed, and license only in specific cases. Don't think an engineering Professor would need that.

So, although you might find it difficult to become an Assistant Professor in Canada with a Bachelor degree alone, you still can get a PR for this NOC. (Ironical, isn't it ?)
I myself, have a PhD and postdoctoral experience. But because of no teaching experience as such (in postdoc), can not apply for PR in this NOC. I can surely get a faculty position if I get there though. (Ironic again ?). :D

Regards

veteran

Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi shifted to colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC RPRF 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
PER 25-3-2015
AOR Received.
18-5-2015
IELTS Request
REDO 24-12-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2015
Passport Req..
11-4-2016
LANDED..........
nskatcv said:
Hi,

One usually can not be a Professor without a Master's degree. That is the current norm in almost all universities/colleges (except for yours, of course). The designation used in those cases is Lecturer I believe.

The points you are mentioning are the employment requirements for anyone belonging to this NOC field, not a set of qualifications though. That is, for University Teaching, PhD/Masters would be needed, and license only in specific cases. Don't think an engineering Professor would need that.

Regards
Yes, professor needs higher degree....in my case intially I was recruited as lecturer and then promoted to AP...
The thing is I have already applied under NOC 4011.. just hve confusion that my application might not get rejected due to lower qualification

Thanks.....

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
veteran said:
Yes, professor needs higher degree....in my case intially I was recruited as lecturer and then promoted to AP...
The thing is I have already applied under NOC 4011.. just hve confusion that my application might not get rejected due to lower qualification

Thanks.....
It shouldn't get rejected technically, as long as you satisfy minimum 67 point criteria, and everything else is in order.

But finally call is with CIC.

All the best though.

Regards

srsd

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
namaste said:
Check the following link for CES for yourself:

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/ces-services/assessments-for-immigration-purposes

it says you will need to have your educational institutes send the official transcript directly. They don't have any special set of instructions for the US that varies from this requirement.
which one is fast and flexible out of CES/ICAS/WES?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
srsd said:
which one is fast and flexible out of CES/ICAS/WES?
Order of popularity here is WES >>> CES > ICAS.

GMS

May 31, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
I read on this forum recently that somebody applied to Uni of Toronto.. he got his report within 2 weeks though the agency promise 4 weeks officially.. If i would be knowing that, i would have gone with Uni of Toronto for sure.. as they are much more matured in evaluation..

I have seen several cases where WES screwed up people's career .. check the current time of other agencies before going ahead with WES..

nskatcv said:
Order of popularity here is WES >>> CES > ICAS.

suzuki

Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-5-2014
Med's Request
2-9-2014
Med's Done....
22-9-2014
Passport Req..
17-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2014
My appln for 2173 was received on may 7. I find an issue in one of my submitted form.

I am living in a country for some years which is not my country of origin. So while writing the VO in the form, I have written the VO of the country i am currently living in. Later I realized that the VO corresponding to the country i am living is in Manila.

How will CIC take my VO issue? Please share your opinion. Thanks

veteran

Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi shifted to colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC RPRF 08-10-2015
Nomination.....
PER 25-3-2015
AOR Received.
18-5-2015
IELTS Request
REDO 24-12-2015
Med's Request
09-10-2015
Med's Done....
15-10-2015
Passport Req..
11-4-2016
LANDED..........
nskatcv said:
It shouldn't get rejected technically, as long as you satisfy minimum 67 point criteria, and everything else is in order.

But finally call is with CIC.

All the best though.

Regards
I was feeling relaxed on the day when I sent my application....and very next day I started worrying about PER...
This is much more hectic.....I think I have to forget that I have applied for PR :p
Lets hope for better......
Anyways thank u for your suggestion...

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
GMS said:
I read on this forum recently that somebody applied to Uni of Toronto.. he got his report within 2 weeks though the agency promise 4 weeks officially.. If i would be knowing that, i would have gone with Uni of Toronto for sure.. as they are much more matured in evaluation..

I have seen several cases where WES screwed up people's career .. check the current time of other agencies before going ahead with WES..
That is true, but if CEC Toronto is not sure of itself how much time it's going to take, who will bother.

(Mine is with WES right now :) )

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
veteran said:
I was feeling relaxed on the day when I sent my application....and very next day I started worrying about PER...
This is much more hectic.....I think I have to forget that I have applied for PR :p
Lets hope for better......
Anyways thank u for your suggestion...
Yeah, I would suggest to forget and give CIC a chance to surprise you with their updates.

Regards

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
GMS said:

I would think that the processing time will be highly dependent on individual circumstances, so it's not good to look at one anomaly and expect it to be true for everybody. I would much rather trust the average processing time advertised by the agency themselves for a better estimate. WES and CES currently have almost same processing time listed in their websites.

Gagan Sidhu

Jun 10, 2014
Hi,

I have applied for noc 1112. Now i am worried abt my job duties mentioned on the reference letter:--

• Responsible for day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.

• Assist in preparing operating, investment budgets and analyze investment plans.

• Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis.

• Assist with the new business process and working with Financers and Business Managers.

• Responsible for planning short-term and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance.

• Analyze data to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed.

• Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts in order to drive business results.

Someone plz advice if it is good..

Thx

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
suzuki said:
My appln for 2173 was received on may 7. I find an issue in one of my submitted form.

I am living in a country for some years which is not my country of origin. So while writing the VO in the form, I have written the VO of the country i am currently living in. Later I realized that the VO corresponding to the country i am living is in Manila.

How will CIC take my VO issue? Please share your opinion. Thanks
Sorry, but what exactly is your issue? I don't get it from what you wrote. So, you live in a country other than Philippines, but you should have chosen Manila as your VO?

srsd

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
GMS said:

through agency , may i know the processes for how to approach through agency?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
srsd said:
through agency , may i know the processes for how to approach through agency?
He said, though the agency (Univ of Toronto). You misread it as through the agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.