+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Antoyax said:
Hello. I just want to ask a simple question. I"m waiting for my MR now and I just knew the phone number of the hospital where I worked changed phone numbers. Should I wait for my VISA office to contact me or should I contact them now? How would I update the phone number of the hospital,is it through email or physical mail?Thank you very much.
Kind Antoyax,

1) It is not your duty to update this information for the VO. 2) Then again, it is not necessary they will have the hospital called by a contractor for verification purposes in the first place. 3) Remember to always maintain your communication with CIC at the minimum.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Ahmed Badawi said:
Sending more than one application does not increase your chances of being accepted for permanent residence. All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines. Fees will be charged for each one.

The above line got updated on CIC website. So I feel that now it is very clear that the current system is ending by Dec 31. Dear members, pls comment
On which page?

If there are no Ministerial Instructions, the program will go on to April 30th. But it sure looks like they will release a new instruction that explicitly ends the FSW2014 on December 31st.

Maybe on the same instructions that open the EE.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackcap99 said:
Guys,

Every time I make an online transaction through my visa card it asks for Secure Code. Will CIC be able to make transaction or it will get declined due to this secure code thing. I called my bank and they said they cannot do anything as this secure code is requirement of Visa for every visa card. I am really worried now.

I am not talking about the CCV. I am talking something like verified by visa.
It is not an online purchase. The only thing needed for the transaction to take place is 16 digit card number (starting with 3,4,5). It's 100%

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Diplomatru said:
If you mean this note...

then it has been around since day one of FSW program this year.
Just found it, on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
"Sending more than one application does not increase your chances of being accepted for permanent residence. All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines. Fees will be charged for each one."

Updated today. So there is a strong hint they will issue new Ministerial Instructions soon.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:
Just found it, on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
"Sending more than one application does not increase your chances of being accepted for permanent residence. All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines. Fees will be charged for each one."

Updated today. So there is a strong hint they will issue new Ministerial Instructions soon.
Very insightful. This certainly deserves credit.

+1 to Ahmed Badawi

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Ahmed Badawi said:
Sending more than one application does not increase your chances of being accepted for permanent residence. All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines. Fees will be charged for each one.

The above line got updated on CIC website. So [size=10pt]I feel that now it is very clear that the current system is ending by Dec 31.[/size] Dear members, pls comment
Not necessarily. It doesn't say that the applications after Jan 1st won't be considered under current guidelines. It just says that "All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines". It could easily mean that ALL applications before Jan 1st will be processed under current system while applications after Jan 1st, some will be process under current system and some under express entry. The above statement does not, on its own, change anything.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
Not necessarily. It doesn't say that the applications after Jan 1st won't be considered under current guidelines. It just says that "All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines". It could easily mean that ALL applications before Jan 1st = current system. And after Jan 1st, it could be current process + Express entry.
Or they can just terminate the backlog like they had famously done before. CIC is very unpredictable, so I wouldn't recomend taking chances.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
namaste said:
Not necessarily. It doesn't say that the applications after Jan 1st won't be considered under current guidelines. It just says that "All eligible applications received before January 1st will be considered for processing based on current guidelines". It could easily mean that ALL applications before Jan 1st will be processed under current system while applications after Jan 1st, some will be process under current system and some under express entry. The above statement does not, on its own, change anything.
Diplomatru said:
Or they can just terminate the backlog like they had famously done before. CIC is very unpredictable, so I wouldn't recomend taking chances.
It may as well mean that there will be new instructions for the FSW14 starting January 1st - such as updated settlement funds or other options.
We really won't know until there are new Ministerial Instructions.

But I agree with Diplomatru. I wouldn't take chances and if it wasn't there already I would submit my application before the end of December.

And +1 to Ahmed Badawi as well ;)

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Diplomatru said:
Although possible, I seriously doubt CIC will just drop all the current applications with the start of express entry due to the following reasons.

1) Current FSW has a higher cap and higher number of qualifying NOCs in preparation for express entry.
2) CIC doesn't still have fixed dates for the implementation of all the parts of express entry. So it will take some time for CIC to actually start processing express entry applications.
3) CIC does not know how well express entry is going to work. So stopping other avenues of applications even before they put this system to test will make it difficult for Canada to bring in any immigrants at all.
4) Based on the above points, it makes sense for CIC to keep accepting and processing applications under the current system until the express entry system becomes fluid and functioning.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
idefix said:
It may as well mean that there will be new instructions for the FSW14 starting January 1st - such as updated settlement funds or other options.
We really won't know until there are new Ministerial Instructions.

But I agree with Diplomatru. I wouldn't take chances and if it wasn't there already I would submit my application before the end of December.

And +1 to Ahmed Badawi as well ;)
I agree. People should be applying for FSW ASAP anyways, regardless of when the current FSW ends.

Antoyax

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 13-11-2014
Nomination.....
Second Line: 10-07-2015
Med's Request
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Medicals Received: 05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 Passport Received: 24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
ECAS DM: 28-08-2015
Diplomatru said:
Kind Antoyax,

1) It is not your duty to update this information for the VO. 2) Then again, it is not necessary they will have the hospital called by a contractor for verification purposes in the first place. 3) Remember to always maintain your communication with CIC at the minimum.
So I guess I should wait for the MR then.Thank you very much sir Diplomatru.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
Although possible, I seriously doubt CIC will just drop all the current applications with the start of express entry due to the following reasons.

1) Current FSW has a higher cap and higher number of qualifying NOCs in preparation for express entry.
2) CIC doesn't still have fixed dates for the implementation of all the parts of express entry. So it will take some time for CIC to actually start processing express entry applications.
3) CIC does not know how well express entry is going to work. So stopping other avenues of applications even before they put this system to test will make it difficult for Canada to bring in any immigrants at all.
3) Based on the above points, it makes sense for CIC to keep accepting and processing applications under the current system until the express entry system becomes fluid and functioning.
I was not implying it on serious note dear namaste. Not because CIC has become so cute, but rather based on C.Alexanders tweet saying that the remaining FSW numbers "are manageble". However, they may very well cease accepting new applications under the old MIs in a blink of an eye if they decide they should concetrate resources on EE. And then it would be too late. So, better safe then sorry, I guess...

rebell

Jul 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I want to ask that after taking out the print of the filled forms , we need to sign it. So, should we sign it using a blue pen or a black one ?

pssreddy25

Jul 2, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2014
Doc's Request.
ECAS - Application Received 29-05-14
Nomination.....
PER - 23 -10-14
AOR Received.
N/A(CPC-O Does not send AOR)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS - Started processing 31-10-2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
ECAS - Medical Received 23-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2015
LANDED..........
Soon....!
niknike said:
Hi Friends,

Has anyone undergo medical examination from US?
How much is the medical examination costs (I have heard its around 480$ :eek:) !!
Can we have this medical test fee covered from our insurance (Aetna PPO plan) or claim some portion of the test!!
Please advise. Thanks!
1) No insurance covers Medical Test Charges for Immigration purposes.
2) price is in the rage of $ 440-480

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Antoyax said:
So I guess I should wait for the MR then.Thank you very much sir Diplomatru.
Yes, it is my understanding that it will arrive in a timely fashion dear Antoyax. MVO has a very good record this year. Looking forward to celebrating your eventual progress :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.