+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Rayj said:
I am trying to edit the spreadsheet since last evening on my delivery status but its not getting updated at all. Any idea how does it work??
You cannot edit the spreadsheet directly.

If you don't have a link to edit your details yet, please re-submit them using the link http://tinyurl.com/FSW14-Entry and bookmark the "Edit your response" link from the confirmation screen for future use.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teddyd said:

I wish someone could answer my question
I already answered it.

You must fill in all information you can about your father or about any other question they ask on any form. If there is information requested about your father that you don't know and you can't fill in, attach an annexure explaining why, and also pointing out that your father's name is not on your birth certificate and why.

Not knowing the answers to certain questions probably isn't a big deal if you explain it, but not filling in questions they ask you on the forms is grounds for rejection of the application.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansanlaosu said:
Hi seniors,
We will claim adaptability points on previous study in Canada.
As it mentioned on the guideline that you must have remained in good academic standing.
Is it necessary to submit the academic transcripts if the grade was not so excellent?
Do you think they will consider?

Thank you
You should follow the instructions and submit all requested documents. If you remained in good academic standing, and that is all that is required, it is unlikely to matter that you didn't get good grades. But if you did not remain in good academic standing and are attempting to hide this fact, or if the transcript is requested but you don't provide it, those will be grounds for rejection. If the transcript is not requested, there's no need to provide it. Read the instructions carefully and follow them to the letter.

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
june17th2174 said:
Hi Kollins,

Congrats..

Can you please tell what kind of problems you had in background form when you applied second time?

Regards
Amar
Thanks.
You must understand that I'm yet to get my application back but my conclusion was based on a scanned copy of my application that I did before sending it.
There was inconsistencies in the education dates for my spouse.....same goes for dates address too.
Overall.....there are some parts of the form that doesn't really relate me.....so i left them blank.......i guess i was supposed to use pen to write N/A.
These are the mistakes i noticed and corrected.
Please note that the dicey nature of your mistakes depend on the officer handling your file......if he or she is in good mood.....it may be overlooked.I'm saying this coz in my first application,i completely wrongly filled a form for me spouse.......but the officer overlooked it.I only got punished when me credit card details malfuntioned which was why they returned it.

Cheers.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SDNY said:
how long have you been in USA? how many PCCs do you need to submit to cic. I am on H1 for the last 3 years and i have submitted PCC from US.

seniors please advise
You need to submit a PCC for every country you have lived for 6 months or longer since you reached the age of 18 (16 in some jurisdictions). If you've lived in 100 countries you'll need to submit 100 PCCs.

If you've been in the USA on a H1-B for 3 years it sounds like there's at least one other country from which you should obtain a PCC.

rudbee

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Reference Letter

Just wondering whether salary information in reference letter would be in CAD or local currency ??

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ms453 said:
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if every document that we are sending as a copy has to be a certified copy which is attested from an officer?

I am not sure which copies submitted must be attested by an officer.

Thanks so much for your help!

Warmly,
ms
There is no general requirement that copies of documents be attested or certified, but you should read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly. If you have documents that need to be translated those DO need to be certified and the translation must be an original along with an affidavit from the translator. Read the guide!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Achiever 99 said:
Except original forms, WES and IELTS.... all other photocopies should be notarized.

Again, it is debatable point, some might say its not mandatory but yes I prefer to be on safer side. :p
Where is this requirement in the guide?

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
future_canadian said:
Where is this requirement in the guide?
Nope No where specified. Only photocopy will do

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enigma_blue said:
2nd time query...please answer someone.

This is earlier discussed by Century and others.... in Schedule A Background: Membership or association with organization write "I have never been a member of an organization" rater than "N/A". actually this is mentioned in Guidelines documents. While in the Form they are asking to write "NONE". isn't it self contradictory by CIC themselves. Which one we should follow???? Even sometimes CIC is confused...then what's wrong if we are also confused. :-\ :-\

Some seniors/experts can reply this base on their previous (FSW 2013) application reference. Thank you.
It's not going to be a problem as long as you followed one instruction or the other.

june17th2174

Jul 11, 2013
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014<br/>Fee Encashed..: 27-06-2014<br/>ECAS Status....: In Process<br/>PER Received...: 07-08-2014<br/>MR Request.....: 15-09-2014<br/>RPRF Request..: 15-09-2014<br/>3rd Line On.....: 13-10-2014<br/>Interview........: Hopefully Waived<br/>Verification......: Call on 17-07-2015<br/>DM/PPR..........: 21-08-2015
kollins said:
Thanks.
You must understand that I'm yet to get my application back but my conclusion was based on a scanned copy of my application that I did before sending it.
There was inconsistencies in the education dates for my spouse.....same goes for dates address too.
Overall.....there are some parts of the form that doesn't really relate me.....so i left them blank.......i guess i was supposed to use pen to write N/A.
These are the mistakes i noticed and corrected.
Please note that the dicey nature of your mistakes depend on the officer handling your file......if he or she is in good mood.....it may be overlooked.I'm saying this coz in my first application,i completely wrongly filled a form for me spouse.......but the officer overlooked it.I only got punished when me credit card details malfuntioned which was why they returned it.

Cheers.
Hi Kollins,
Thanks for info.

I hope CIC has cheerleaders in their office to entertain the employees there so that they don't get too frustrated by just looking at pile of applications
:p

Regards
Amar

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Re: Reference Letter

rudbee said:
Just wondering whether salary information in reference letter would be in CAD or local currency ??
Hi, it should be in local currency, not converted to CAD.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fdv420 said:
HI Guys,

Me and My wife live in Jordan for more than 2 years, i know i have to submit PCC for that, but i am back to
my home country (Pakistan) now, can anybody tells me how to get PCC from jordan and also please guide me if i can not arrange PCC from Jordan any covering letter can satisfy the VO or it must be submit otherwise my application will be rejected. Any Help will be highly appreciated.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/jordan.asp

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
june17th2174 said:
Hi Kollins,
Thanks for info.

I hope CIC has cheerleaders in their office to entertain the employees there so that they don't get too frustrated by just looking at pile of applications
:p

Regards
Amar
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.