+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
vpriyan said:
Could anyone in this forum please let me know whether ECA report is needed for spouse if spouse is also applying along with primary applicant? Also is Police clearance certificate mandatory?

Appreciate your response

Thanks
No ECA required for spouse.
PCC is not mandatory within initial application. YOu can submit it later on when asked by VO.

Lalit

Star Member
Aug 22, 2012
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-10-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
03-2014
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
14-11-2014
Med's Done....
27-11-2014
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2015
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Gsw said:
Hmm for 48 k ...u need to earn 72 k..

Wow, almost 45% taxes .
Its not correct, the taxation is 30% and its even low if you are earning low.

I have my friends staying there 3.5k-4k for a family of four is sufficient. Let me give you some idea about the main expenses in CAD

Rent around 1200-1500 depending on area, for 2 bhk
Grocery and Veg 500-600
1 Car 500-600 (insurance, morgage, gas)
Monthly pass for 1 assuming one car for a family and other using public transport 150
Mobile, cable and internet 150
Hydro 300
Misc 500
Landline 50

These are main expenses and they could go a little here and there but only marginal

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello! I wrote here that we lived in Calgary for almost 9 years and told people to write me if they have questions. Didnt expenct so many to do that..... ::)

I wrote something to copy into those messages. I thought I share it with you guys. Please forgive my bad English......

Hello!

As you can see from my previous posts we lived in Calgary for quite some time and hope to return under FSW 2014!!

So it cant have been a bad place to live in!!!

We came to Calgary in 2001 and well lets say the start was hard. But we had no kids at that time and that helped.
Renting an apartement was difficult because we didnt have references. But we were lucky the landlady was an immigrant too and she trusted us.
We rented a basement apartment and back then it was around 450 CAD Dollar.

My husband is a System Administrator and for him it took a while to get a job in Calgary.

After 3 month he started working as a carpenter helper for 6 month just to make some money. A neighbour helped him find that job.
So lots of hours for little money.
I am a bookkeeper and worked as a data entry clerk after 3 month.
For some time I worked two jobs, one in the evening.
Having no canadian experience is taff when you arrive. Once you gain that it will get way easier to get good jobs in your field and make good money.
After that they dont care if you are an immigrant or not.
It took us about 1 year.

Back then you didnt need the IELTS examination so our English was poor, we understood most and were able to talk to people but we definately needed to improve that.
I know I still do especially now after all those years in Germany, but it will come back hopefully.
The first 3 month were the hardest because all our savings simply went away until we got jobs. We didnt know anybody in Canada so it was hard. Bought a terrible car which broke down withing 6 month for example. Dont go to a car dealer, get a car over an add in the paper is my advise.
I remember going to those temp agencies, they were all friendly but never called you for a job.

So we had no money and no job for a few months but those were the happiest of all the years, because it was all new and we thought everything in Canada was awesome just because it was our dream to live there.
We met great neighbours, very helpful and friendly. Calgarians are very easy going and positive.
Those friends we made the first month stayed for all those years and we still write over facebook and cant wait to see them again!

In 2001 Calgary was not that expensive. You were able to buy a starter home for your family for lets say 180000 Dollar.

I took accounting classes at SAIT, improved my english and was able to get a good job in accounting.

My husband got a job as a system analyst with an oil and gas company and things went really well for us.

All you guys here will speak a good English and that will help a lot! The once of you that have family or friends over there will have it easier.
I think it will be even harder if you go there just by yourself. At least we had each other.

We had our son in 2005 and people there love children! Calgary is a young city, people that want to make money and have families. Its not a city for old people.
Childcare is expensive I must say. Many children go to dayhomes and well the quality is not that great. I was lucky that I was able to work out of my home as a bookkeeper.

We were lucky back then owning a house before Calgary got really expensive in 2006.

A single family home in 2007 went up from 180000 to 200000 to 400000 to 500000. Even more in some areas. It was just creazy!

Renting a house in Calgary, lets say a townhouse was in 2001 around 800 Dollar its now about 1500 Dollar.
A single family house must be 2500 Dollar. Event apartments are expensive. Look it up under www.rentfaster.ca

Food is expensive but if you go to Superstore, rather than Safeway its ok.

Calgary is sunny all over the year, with short but very nice summers, dry and cold winters. BUT the winter is sunny and your get nice chinook breaks from the snow.
Owning a reliable car is very important in the winter. Since you need one, public transit is ok but it wont take you anywhere. Calgary was not build for so many people that live there now.

I worked in many companies as a bookkeeper. I worked with chinese people, indian people, people from Europe. Never a problem!!!

I cant give advice about other professions, you would have to google monster or other job sites. I dont know if Vancouver or Toronto is a better place to live.
I know I would like to live in Vancouver just because I love the water and the warm climate, but we would still return to Calgary, because we are getting older and we know we will get jobs in no time and have friends there.

I loved the way they treat woman in Calgary. It is a difference here in Germany for sure.

Working in Calgary as a bookeeper was so much better for me than here in Germany. I had great bosses, made good money (30 Dollar an hour without an accounting degree, just work experience)
But I know I started with 7 Dollar an hour so it takes some time.
My husband made about 90000 Dollar before we came back in 2009 as a senior system analyst for an oil and gas company. Just to give you an idea.

One more thing people in Calgary love camping and taking long weekends for those trips, but during the week the streets are pretty empty. They have big garages and big cars and big houses and it is kind of an indoor live. People dont like it hot, at least they seemed to prefer to sit inside in the summer with the air condition on.
I remember feeling pretty lonely sometimes on those empty playgrounds and empty streets. But it also depends on the area you live in.
I can imagine if you are from a country with warm weather where live is always outside, it would be hard to get used to that.

BUT
We cant wait to go back

Good luck to all of you!!!!

Bigbang2014

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-jun-2014,11-july-2014
Med's Done....
30-jan-2015
Passport Req..
29-Apr-2015
VISA ISSUED...
1-May-2015
LANDED..........
Jun-2015
vpriyan said:
Could anyone in this forum please let me know whether ECA report is needed for spouse if spouse is also applying along with primary applicant? Also is Police clearance certificate mandatory?

Appreciate your response

Thanks
You mean spouse will be dependent right? If yes then no need of ECA for spouse. PCC is mandatory but can be submitted later.

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Hi All,

When I showed my bank balance, the amount was split in 1 saving account, 2 Fixed deposits and 1 Recurring deposits. My fixed deposits and Recurring deposits matured and I have opened new fixed deposits now. For these new deposits FD account number is different, though these new fixed deposits are still linked to the same savings account.
Will it matter in a negative way or it does not matter as respect to my application. Should I keep the money only in the saving account or is it fine to have the money in separate FD.

P.S: I have already received PER and I am 20th may applicant.

vpriyan

Sep 16, 2014
Bigbang2014 said:
You mean spouse will be dependent right? If yes then no need of ECA for spouse. PCC is mandatory but can be submitted later.
Yes, spouse will be dependent, thanks for the info

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Second line updated : Oct,14
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
june,2015(third line update 18 june,15)
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
Marta said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-------------------My CC got charged :D---------06/04

Great thanks to all of you here on this forum
Congrsts nd +1

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
canada9 said:
By gods grace, with help of family, friends, I got my cc charged. App data 04/06/2014 NOC 1114. No words to express my joy. Thank u forum friends for being a great support and encouragement. Thanks all....
Congrsts nd +1

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Gsw said:
Hi lalit

I totally agree with you. Taxes are way low and noway you will be manage to get only 40 k out of 72 k job
Please shed some knowledge (if possible) , I heard govt pays approx 400 cad per kid / month
400 per kid? What province? We lived in Calgary. We got 100 dollar each month for our son until they go to school.
There is a child tax benefit but we never got any, because our income was too high.
I remember making 60000. Thats 5000 a month net that was around 3500 to 3700, once you done paying employment insurance and CPP
There are online calculators. I still have some T4 slips, know exacltly how many taxes we paid its is a lot!

aliahmed_aa

Sep 20, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
None
According to DHL AWB tracking my application was received by CIO on 11 Sept 2014.
My CC has not been charged yet.

When will my CC be charged?

How do I know the status of the progress of my application?

How can I get an update on this MS Excel file?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sternchen30890 said:
400 per kid? What province? We lived in Calgary. We got 100 dollar each month for our son until they go to school.
There is a child tax benefit but we never got any, because our income was too high.
I remember making 60000. Thats 5000 a month net that was around 3500 to 3700, once you done paying employment insurance and CPP
There are online calculators. I still have some T4 slips, know exacltly how many taxes we paid its is a lot!
Found one Gross income around 80.000 Dollar, income tax paid on that aound 20000 Dollar, Pension Plan 1980 Dollar, Employment Insurance 720

Health care is free, we had great benefits over my husbands company, got all free, dental etc. But we were lucky I guess....

ANANJAY

VIP Member
May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Feb,15
Nomination.....
(PER)AUG,2014
AOR Received.
Med's Request
5 june,2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Aug,15
VISA ISSUED...
Aug,15
Chemical3881 said:
Hello All!!!

I have gotten my PER. Thanks everyone for yours guidance.

My details are as below:
NOC 2132
Application Date May 28th
Payment Cashed (DD): Sept 12th
ECAS Update Date: Sept 16th
PER Date: Sept 19th
Visa Office: NDVO

Now time for questions/queries

1.) I have moved to USA 3 weeks on H1B; so shall I update CIC or NVDO on my new employment and change of address (India to US)?
2.) Also, I got married on June 30th (After application date). How, when, and where shall I apply to change my status (single to married) and include my wife on my application?
3.) Will there be a longer delay in my case since I have changed employment, residence, and marital status?
4.) How long is generally/typically taking for NVDO applicants to get MR after PER?
5.) If possible, can I change my visa office from New Delhi to CPC-Ottawa? If yes, is there any benefit of doing the same?

Thanks again!!! Yours expert advice is always appreciated.
Congrats nd +1

Gsw

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Nomination.....
PER on 01-10-2014
File Transfer...
2nd line on 13th April, 2015
Med's Request
18th April, 2015
Med's Done....
Medical received 14th July , 2015
Passport Req..
12th August, 2015
LANDED..........
Landing: 11th January, 2016. Vancouver
Sternchen30890 said:
Hello! I wrote here that we lived in Calgary for almost 9 years and told people to write me if they have questions. Didnt expenct so many to do that..... ::)

I wrote something to copy into those messages. I thought I share it with you guys. Please forgive my bad English......

Hello!

As you can see from my previous posts we lived in Calgary for quite some time and hope to return under FSW 2014!!

We came to Calgary in 2001 and well lets say the start was hard. But we had no kids at that time and that helped.
Renting an apartement was difficult because we didnt have references. But we were lucky the landlady was an immigrant too and she trusted us.
We rented a basement apartment and back then it was around 450 CAD Dollar.

My husband is a System Administrator and for him it took a while to get a job in Calgary.

After 3 month he started working as a carpenter helper for 6 month just to make some money. A neighbour helped him find that job.
So lots of hours for little money.
I am a bookkeeper and worked as a data entry clerk after 3 month.
For some time I worked two jobs, one in the evening.
Having no canadian experience is taff when you arrive. Once you gain that it will get way easier to get good jobs in your field and make good money.
After that they dont care if you are an immigrant or not.
It took us about 1 year.

Back then you didnt need the IELTS examination so our English was poor, we understood most and were able to talk to people but we definately needed to improve that.
I know I still do especially now after all those years in Germany, but it will come back hopefully.
The first 3 month were the hardest because all our savings simply went away until we got jobs. We didnt know anybody in Canada so it was hard. Bought a terrible car which broke down withing 6 month for example. Dont go to a car dealer, get a car over an add in the paper is my advise.
I remember going to those temp agencies, they were all friendly but never called you for a job.

So we had no money and no job for a few months but those were the happiest of all the years, because it was all new and we thought everything in Canada was awesome just because it was our dream to live there.
We met great neighbours, very helpful and friendly. Calgarians are very easy going and positive.
Those friends we made the first month stayed for all those years and we still write over facebook and cant wait to see them again!

In 2001 Calgary was not that expensive. You were able to buy a starter home for your family for lets say 180000 Dollar.

I took accounting classes at SAIT, improved my english and was able to get a good job in accounting.

My husband got a job as a system analyst with an oil and gas company and things went really well for us.

All you guys here will speak a good English and that will help a lot! The once of you that have family or friends over there will have it easier.
I think it will be even harder if you go there just by yourself. At least we had each other.

We had our son in 2005 and people there love children! Calgary is a young city, people that want to make money and have families. Its not a city for old people.
Childcare is expensive I must say. Many children go to dayhomes and well the quality is not that great. I was lucky that I was able to work out of my home as a bookkeeper.

We were lucky back then owning a house before Calgary got really expensive in 2006.

A single family home in 2007 went up from 180000 to 200000 to 400000 to 500000. Even more in some areas. It was just creazy!

Renting a house in Calgary, lets say a townhouse was in 2001 around 800 Dollar its now about 1500 Dollar.
A single family house must be 2500 Dollar. Event apartments are expensive. Look it up under www.rentfaster.ca

Food is expensive but if you go to Superstore, rather than Safeway its ok.

Calgary is sunny all over the year, with short but very nice summers, dry and cold winters. BUT the winter is sunny and your get nice chinook breaks from the snow.
Owning a reliable car is very important in the winter. Since you need one, public transit is ok but it wont take you anywhere. Calgary was not build for so many people that live there now.

I worked in many companies as a bookkeeper. I worked with chinese people, indian people, people from Europe. Never a problem!!!

I cant give advice about other professions, you would have to google monster or other job sites. I dont know if Vancouver or Toronto is a better place to live.
I know I would like to live in Vancouver just because I love the water and the warm climate, but we would still return to Calgary, because we are getting older and we know we will get jobs in no time and have friends there.

I loved the way they treat woman in Calgary. It is a difference here in Germany for sure.

Working in Calgary as a bookeeper was so much better for me than here in Germany. I had great bosses, made good money (30 Dollar an hour without an accounting degree, just work experience)
But I know I started with 7 Dollar an hour so it takes some time.
My husband made about 90000 Dollar before we came back in 2009 as a senior system analyst for an oil and gas company. Just to give you an idea.

One more thing people in Calgary love camping and taking long weekends for those trips, but during the week the streets are pretty empty. They have big garages and big cars and big houses and it is kind of an indoor live. People dont like it hot, at least they seemed to prefer to sit inside in the summer with the air condition on.
I remember feeling pretty lonely sometimes on those empty playgrounds and empty streets. But it also depends on the area you live in.
I can imagine if you are from a country with warm weather where live is always outside, it would be hard to get used to that.

BUT
We cant wait to go back

Thank you so much for sharing your roller coaster experience .

Pls accept my plus one as token of appreciation , I am sure you bought smile on many faces .

Keep coming

CanOl

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO / WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014 (As per me) ; 20/10/2014 (As per CIC)
Doc's Request.
[b]DD Encashed[/b] : 23/12/2014
Nomination.....
[b]PER[/b] : 20/01/2015
AOR Received.
09/02/2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
[b]2nd Line update[/b] : 13/04/2015
Med's Request
15/04/2015
Med's Done....
[b]Upfront Meds[/b] : 31/03/2015
Passport Req..
23/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
[img width=145 height=100]http://www.fullboon.com/information/024.gif[/img]
LANDED..........
15/09/2015
Gsw said:
Thanks yaa... Same to same @ karma thingy . I am planning to take english speaking classes now , before giving any suggestions to others ;)

Pls recommend some good tutorials :(

GSW, check your inbox.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
+1 for sharing real life experiences.

Sternchen30890 said:

Hello!

Renting an apartement was difficult because we didnt have references. But we were lucky the landlady was an immigrant too and she trusted us..................
BUT
We cant wait to go back

Status
Not open for further replies.