+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bosschips said:
I think majority of May 7 and 6 applicants in this forum got rejected in some level of the first assessment.
What is your basis for saying so? Many of us have been charged. Once charged, very few will be rejected. Do you have any reason for saying many May 6 and 7 applicants were rejected? If not, stop spreading misinformation.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
aha2174 said:
By grace of almighty.. my DD got liquidated yesterday.. I got call from HDFC that it is encashed on friday the 11th july.. Today my ecas status is showing in progress... my file reached on 8th May at 1.05 PM.. inshallah will get PER soon... All please pray for me and others..
Congratulation brother. At last your wait for charging over. :D

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cardsman said:
Hi Rick
I doubt that points are allocated for total work experience claimed and not specifically for the work experience relevant to the NOC applying for. Have you seen this mentioned somewhere? I have'nt and am just guessing based on what makes sense to me.
It may make sense to you but it's incorrect. An applicant needs at least one year of full-time experience in the primary NOC, but beyond that, the applicant may receive points for work in ANY NOC at skill type 0 or skill level A or B. Refer to the Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Here is a quote from the relevant portion:

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time, paid work experience (or the equivalent in continuous part-time work) in the primary occupation you specify in your application.

In order to receive points for all of the jobs you have had over the past ten years, your work experience must be in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or B of NOC 2011.

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
aha2174 said:
By grace of almighty.. my DD got liquidated yesterday.. I got call from HDFC that it is encashed on friday the 11th july.. Today my ecas status is showing in progress... my file reached on 8th May at 1.05 PM.. inshallah will get PER soon... All please pray for me and others..
Congrats buddy..
I am in the same boat as my application was also received on 12th may 1.05pm

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canrushi said:
Hi,

I am applying under managerial skill level "0" i.e Construction Manager (0711) but the thing is I have only 1 Year 10 Months experience. So, does it make sense to apply under this category with this experience? And as per my experience letter only 4 job duties are matching.

Please advise!!
You only need one year of experience in your primary NOC to be eligible.

The number of duties that should match is subject to some debate on this forum. I would say at least 50% must match, some people say 60-70%. If you make at least 50% you can try. Otherwise, is there any other NOC under which you qualify?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plikhi said:
But I read in one of the post where person send the form again and it was accepted. in case there is no issue resending why should not we try it. This will ensure that our application is complete.

what do you suggest?
I am not sure but I believe in previous cases the "application date" was changed to the date the new form arrived. If you are in a hot NOC this may take you out of the cap.

Himalayan Tiger

May 14, 2014
MittarPyara said:
Hi all,

Can someone throw some light on the progress of category 2133 - Electrical and electronics engineers. A large no of persons from the initial days are still waiting for their CC to be charged. Why CIC is taking so much time in this category ?

mahdi7 2133 CPC-Ottawa 5/5/2014
MRN 2133 Singapore 5/7/2014
cindzg 2133 Manila 5/7/2014
Pagla 2133 Singapore 5/8/2014
enggcanda 2133 New Delhi 5/8/2014
atiqul2k3 2133 Singapore 5/8/2014
FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here. 2133 London 5/8/2014
Himalayan Tiger 2133 New Delhi 5/9/2014
I m also eagerly waiting as I m the 9th may applicant. maybe this week is our week !!

aha2174

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Century said:
Congratulation brother. At last your wait for charging over. :D

Thanx..seems 8th may is in full swing now for cc and dd chaarging...

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kroduk said:
Hi
My application reached CIC office on 10th July.
NOC code 1112

What are the chances that I would make it before cap reaches for this NOC ?
Also by when can I expect to know if it has been accepted or not

Regards
Nobody knows when the cap will be filled.

You can expect to wait 2 months or more to hear anything from CIC. If you paid by CC you can watch for it to be charged. If you paid by DD you may be able to find out from your bank whether it has been charged. This will give you an early indication that you are moving on, and this would happen 1-3 weeks before you hear anything from CIC.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadream said:
I am self employed consultant , how do I go about showing that I have worked full-time 40 hours a week, when I actually did on several projects ?
Can I write a cover letter to explain this situation ?

Does your current and intended occupation has to be one of the 50 NOC exactly in terms of words or it can be different a bit like 'Electronic and Embedded System Engineer' ?
The crucial point is that you have at least one year of continuous full time experience in your primary NOC. It has to be within the last 10 year, but need not be at your current job. The way you demonstrate that you have that experience is by your employer reference letter which should list duties matching the duty description in the NOC, at least 50% but the more the better.

If you have been self-employed, you should thoroughly read the Guide and document checklist to know what documentation is acceptable as a substitute for an employer reference letter. You should provide letters from some of your clients describing the services you performed for them, along with supporting documents like invoices.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RPeralta said:
They will only give you points in the job experience where it is the related to the NOC you have applied for.

Had the same question before and I've read from an applicant, from the global forum, that he received points ONLY for the case same as mentioned above.
This is NOT TRUE. This has been discussed MANY TIMES on this forum. Applicants receive points for ANY full-time work at skill type 0 or skill level A or B in the last 10 years. It is stated explicitly in the guide.

DO NOT make such definitive statements when you have not seen the actual guidance from CIC and don't know what you're talking about.

You may have heard from an applicant that he only got points for his primary NOC, but maybe CIC just didn't think his other experience was credible. There may have been many reasons he didn't get points. More likely, he didn't even know how many points he got, since CIC doesn't tell you how many points they give you.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohan13 said:
Hello everybody,
what documents are required as a proof for work experience. Would just a experience letter with responsibilities and package suffice or do i need anything additional.

Thanks
Read the document checklist thoroughly and you will know. The employer reference letter detailing your job duties, among other details, is the most crucial document.

why_not_try

Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Forum members - would really appreciate your responses to my question here. As almost everyone here has applied for a WES credentials eval - I'm sure you will be able to help me.

Has anyone had issues with WES Canada acknowledging receipt of documents. Here is my WES timeline so far:

Applied (and paid) for FSW credentials eval package: June 23
Evaluation / University Country: USA
Required Docs: Degree certificate copy (to be sent by applicant), and official transcript (to be sent directly by school)

My school's registrar has confirmed that the transcript was mailed out on June 25th from North Carolina - it should have been received by WES at the latest by July 4th, even if we allow for a generous 10 day postal transit period between USA and Canada! I myself sent my degree certificate by courier and it was delivered to WES on June 30th.

It seems to me that WES should have received both required docs at the latest at the end of last week (around July 4th at the latest). However my account status still reads "waiting for required docs". Contacting WES by email is turning out to be futile - it is hard to believe that an expensive service like this can be so poor in terms of customer service (making it impossible to contact them and get timely responses).

Would like to see if anyone on this forum has faced a similar issue? Should I be alarmed - or just sit back and wait? Another option is to send the documents all over again and pray....?

Thanks.

Sternchen30890

May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18.07.2014 Charged November 4th PER received November 24th
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello! We just mailed our application under Noc 2173
Just wondering, we also fit under 2171
Would it make sense to make a second application?
Both nocs are hot but we have a better chance trying under both.
We just need to get a second ielts result everything else will be done fast.
Any suggestions? Anybody done this?
Thanks!

jpn

Jun 26, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014 PER................: 12-11-2014
Med's Request
19-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
immigrationland said:
Pl suggest best bank / place to make DD in hyderabad - India
ICICI bank is best, you can also opt for HDFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.