+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014
I have a question... Is personal cheque of my Canadian Bank Account (Scotia Bank Ontario's Branch) in CAD okay as the mode of payment... they have mentioned certified cheque as acceptable... is it same as above...

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
Manchester United said:
I have a question... Is personal cheque of my Canadian Bank Account (Scotia Bank Ontario's Branch) in CAD okay as the mode of payment... they have mentioned certified cheque as acceptable... is it same as above...
Certified cheque is not a personal cheque. Certified check is made by bank in the branch. You cannot send personal checks as mode of payment.

Jun 21, 2014
24 said:
Certified cheque is not a personal cheque. Certified check is made by bank in the branch. You cannot send personal checks as mode of payment.
Actually I already submitted my app with my personal canadian bank cheque as I live in Toronto and I am sure that if they try to encash it it will be 100% ok as its local account of Scotia bank. but my worry is will they reject it even without trying or they will try for it??? Should I send another new app then???

Sandy2014

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harka007 said:
Which one is your current company A or C if it is A then no need to show C and show it as unemployed etc.

If no it will be hard to prove that you worked for more than 7 years and suddenly stopped working... ;) ;) ;)
Thanks a lot for ur quick reply. Current employer is Company A. Will it be sufficient if we submit LOR from Comapny A and not from orther companies in the past 10 years...Thankyou

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
Manchester United said:
Actually I already submitted my app with my personal canadian bank cheque as I live in Toronto and I am sure that if they try to encash it it will be 100% ok as its local account of Scotia bank. but my worry is will they reject it even without trying or they will try for it??? Should I send another new app then???
I do too live in toronto. I had confirmed from TD bank. the reason why CIC asks Certified check is because of its authenticity and validity (usually between 3 months to 1 year). Usually in india they expire in 3 months. The money order and certified checks are valid forever because they are like prepaid.

Personal checks are simply promises of the person writing them to pay the amount on the check and are only as good as the person writing them. There is no guarantee that the money is actually in the account and they can easily be canceled by the issuer.

I am afraid u will need to look into option of resending ur application. Any seniors who could help him out here

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
future_canadian said:
Hi everyone!

I've been on holiday for over 2 weeks and just returned. I was enjoying family and going places and had no time to read the forum. I'll be back on trying my best to help everyone starting probably tomorrow.

During my holiday I also had no way to check the status of my DD. So first thing this morning I went to the bank and to my great joy learned that MY DD WAS CASHED ON JULY 3RD!!! I'm so thankful for this.

I am only on mobile device right now so I will update the spreadsheet when I am on my computer. Or the mods can do it for me. For the forum's information, I was May 7th applicant in 1112. I also had one of my employer's letters (out of 2 that would gain points) that provided basic info but no duties and an accompanying supervisor letter (not on letterhead) stating my duties. So CIC has apparently accepted this. None of my documents were notarized except my supervisor letter.

I will try to catch up on recent happenings tomorrow. Good luck to everyone and keep your hopes alive!

-future_canadian

CONGRATS future_canadian!!

Happy for the news.........:D

Jun 21, 2014
24 said:
I do too live in toronto. I had confirmed from TD bank. the reason why CIC asks Certified check is because of its authenticity and validity (usually between 3 months to 1 year). Usually in india they expire in 3 months. The money order and certified checks are valid forever because they are like prepaid.

Personal checks are simply promises of the person writing them to pay the amount on the check and are only as good as the person writing them. There is no guarantee that the money is actually in the account and they can easily be canceled by the issuer.

I am afraid u will need to look into option of resending ur application. Any seniors who could help him out here
I understand the difference, atleast now :) but Please if any senoir/ more locals can answer if I will surely maintain more than $1400 CAD which is my fee amount and also personal cheque is valid for 6 months too so will it be an issue... I mean will they return just by looking at the cheque or after trying???

harka007

Jun 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
7-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
24-11-2014 (new born med req rcvd (02-12-2014)
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made on 20-02-15 - PPR - 25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA and COPR Recieved\Collected -16th Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th 2015
what I will suggest is that you submit roles and responsibilities of company A on an official company letter head the way CIC wants it...as this will fulfill the 15 points criteria.

Additionally, submit the roles and responsibility of Company B on a notarized affidavit and explain it in the cover letter as to why you submitted this on affidavit and why you were not able to get the job duties on official letter head. However, do not forget to attach the offer letter and relieving letter for this company as this will support you affidavit and cover letter.

Lastly, forget about Company C and mention that in the form where it asks for employment gaps (don't remember the form number) like you were unemployed trying for job etc.

If this is done you should be fine...as few of my friends did submit their files through consultants and the consultants were mainly focused on the last 6 years of employment history with job duties but they also attached the offer letter and relieving letter of the past companies (without job duties) to support their complete work experience.

Hope this helps...Best of Luck...!!!

Sandy2014 said:
Thanks a lot for ur quick reply. Current employer is Company A. Will it be sufficient if we submit LOR from Comapny A and not from orther companies in the past 10 years...Thankyou

May 21, 2014
I need to pay 550 Canadian dollars to CIC. CIC asks to use a CREDIT card. I live in the UK, and it is hard to obtain a credit card for foreigners here. Can I use a cash card (MASTERCARD) or debit card (VISA) instead? I think as long as I have enough preloaded funds, I can use them, but I would like to hear somebody's opinion about it. They say that the application will be returned if the transaction does not go through. Thank you.

THORAS

Jun 26, 2014
gimmenergy said:
The spreadsheet link is not working. Is anybody else is also facing the same issue? I would like to update certain other details in my entry.
I was also xeriencing the same for the past 3 days :mad: :mad:...for me they were showing drive app unreachable...so i installed new drive app from webstore..
and it works 8) 8)

A_the_O

Jun 17, 2009
hellen119119 said:
no PER for several days???? :mad:

what is wrong with CIC?
Maybe hurricane Arthur, which had basically left more than 100000 houses without power in Nova Scotia? (I'm not allowed to post links, but you can certainly google for it)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sandy2014 said:
Hello Seniors,

Could you please help us with this!!!

Check List -- section 12 - Regarding Work Experience

as per the check list it was mentioned as "Letters of reference from all your employers for the past 10 years"

--Question 1 : Is it mandatory to get the reference letters from all the employers in the last 10 years? or
is it sufficient if we submit the reference letter of the latest company with 6+ years of exp for which iam claiming 15 points?

--Question 2 : I have exp with A) Company - 6.3 Years -- i will get the reference letter
B) Company - 1.1 Years -- can i submit the offer and releaving letter (and not the reference letter)
C) Company - 1.5 Years -- i dont have an offer and releaving letters ( can i mention these details in the application though i do not have any supporting documents) or (shall i just mention the period as unemployed as we dont have any documents and as we are required to provide the details of past 10 years...

will there be any impact on the visa if these documents are missing for Company B and C?

Thanks in advance.
You need to accurately account for your activities and employment during the past 10 years. If you can't get a reference letter that is fine, just state that you cannot, and give a reason. Do not make any false statements on your application.

harka007

Jun 13, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
7-10-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
24-11-2014 (new born med req rcvd (02-12-2014)
Med's Done....
05-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made on 20-02-15 - PPR - 25-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
VISA and COPR Recieved\Collected -16th Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th 2015
Congrats Future Canadian...
;D ;D ;D

future_canadian said:
Hi everyone!

I've been on holiday for over 2 weeks and just returned. I was enjoying family and going places and had no time to read the forum. I'll be back on trying my best to help everyone starting probably tomorrow.

During my holiday I also had no way to check the status of my DD. So first thing this morning I went to the bank and to my great joy learned that MY DD WAS CASHED ON JULY 3RD!!! I'm so thankful for this.

I am only on mobile device right now so I will update the spreadsheet when I am on my computer. Or the mods can do it for me. For the forum's information, I was May 7th applicant in 1112. I also had one of my employer's letters (out of 2 that would gain points) that provided basic info but no duties and an accompanying supervisor letter (not on letterhead) stating my duties. So CIC has apparently accepted this. None of my documents were notarized except my supervisor letter.

I will try to catch up on recent happenings tomorrow. Good luck to everyone and keep your hopes alive!

-future_canadian

gimmenergy

Star Member
Jul 31, 2013
Hi All,

I am a May 7th Applicant and would like to change my communication address. I haven't checked the CIC website yet. But before that if somebody could guide me on how to go about changing the address (like which form to fill etc) then it would be great. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Monu

Status
Not open for further replies.