+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Oscar7 said:
Really? I joined the forum around early June, and at this rate, my guess / speculation is that, May 7th applications will go on until the end of June or so! ???

It seems the deluge of files at CIO will slow down things, at least for the immediate future i.e. for applications that are received from May 6th to May 16th or so (mostly the cases from previous year that were mostly ready to be sent with minimal changes).

Now that's interesting! Every one day delay in receipt of application at CIO can translate into 1.5 to 2 weeks of delay in processing speed....holy $hit!! :mad: ::) :'( :eek:

Yay!! My double century and now I am a Hero Member LOL :)
If u plot the graph of date of application recieved vs days after app recieved then u would see sudden surge in graph on 6-7 may... Thr are 200+ members in this forum for 6-7th may ...imagine in reality how many members. Infact my ap was delayed by 1 day by ups . ups said they had delivery issues on 6th... Imagine loads of trucks queued in front of cic office from 6th may morning until 7th may noon...

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Regarding work experience, CIC says

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed. If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will refuse your application.
This is of course non-debatable, but does the TITLE of your job also has to match the Example TITLES ?

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godfada said:
Guys, I have a concern.
I sent my package last week Friday by DHL. It should have reached the CIC office yesterday but didnt. It is actually with the delivery courier today to be delivered. I called DHL to find our why my package didnt reach on time. They said it was held by customs in Canada because there were identity documents in the package and they wanted to inspect it.
Does that make sense to you guys, seeing that it is an immigration package?
Is this something normal?
What if they opened the package and something was inadvertently discarded?
Am i worrying for no reason?
Godfada, actually you are worrying on an issue that you have no control over!!
As 7 habits of highly successful people tells, you should not worry about something that is 'outside your area of control'
Of all the people Godfada why did you have to do the application etc...that is for normal people LOL; you should make CIC an offer that they can't refuse! ;)

I am sure customs won't misplace documents etc from package....don't worry about it mate! All the best!

chiragpathel

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
25-11-2014

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@nskatcv

Not necessarily, title can be anything only duties should be at least 60 - 70% match

nskatcv said:
Regarding work experience, CIC says

This is of course non-debatable, but does the TITLE of your job also has to match the Example TITLES ?

randev

May 5, 2014
chiragpathel said:
not yet I think
@ Chirag. If you don't mind me asking, where are you applying from? If you are currently working, which country are you working in? And one more question: which country are your degree(s) from?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
shah2014 said:
@ nskatcv

Not necessarily, title can be anything only duties should be at least 60 - 70% match
Thanks. Because the CIC doesn't say anything in this regard, is that why it is considered safe to assume so ? Or they have mentioned it explicitly somewhere.

Reason to probe is that sometimes the job title could be totally non-indicative of the NOC title.

Godfada

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Oscar7 said:
Godfada, actually you are worrying on an issue that you have no control over!!
As 7 habits of highly successful people tells, you should not worry about something that is 'outside your area of control'
Of all the people Godfada why did you have to do the application etc...that is for normal people LOL; you should make CIC an offer that they can't refuse! ;)

I am sure customs won't misplace documents etc from package....don't worry about it mate! All the best!
LOL, thanks for the humor Oscar, I am now calming down. Its just that this process took me and my wife to month prepare, want to make sure everything is as perfect as it can be. Even though I dont post alot, i read the forums everyday which has helped us alot in preparations.
Thanks again.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can2174 said:
If u plot the graph of date of application recieved vs days after app recieved then u would see sudden surge in graph on 6-7 may... Thr are 200+ members in this forum for 6-7th may ...imagine in reality how many members. Infact my ap was delayed by 1 day by ups . ups said they had delivery issues on 6th... Imagine loads of trucks queued in front of cic office from 6th may morning until 7th may noon...
Delivering courier to CIO is a pain in the a$$. CIO is located like in the middle of nowhere; it's like the Andaman of India (one corner of NS, if you look at google maps) LOL. The courier officials had told me that it goes by road for half or 1 day after arriving to Canada by flight. Even from India it takes 2 days for package to arrive in Canada, and another 3 to reach CIO.

randev

May 5, 2014
MapleLeafExpress said:
Below is the query - do not want to create fresh debate, just replying to a member's query

To: CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry
Subject: FSW application courier address

Hi,

I am applying for FSW under the NOC-2174 category. I am confused to whom the application should be addressed.

Checklist says send to CIO , while the instruction guide says CIC. However courier address is same i.e.
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada

Please clarify if I should address Centralized Intake Office or Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
If what you are saying is true, then it may be too late for NOC 2174. I know very little about the computer programmer field, but from what I've gathered on this forum there is substantial overlap between NOC 2174, 2173, and, if I remember correctly, 2171 job descriptions (I am deducing this from forum member queries asking others which NOC they should apply to because their job description fits more than 1 NOC). Mapleleafexpress, check to see if the job duties of your occupation fits the description of the other jobs that I mentioned above. If there is a substantial fit, abandon 2174 and apply to one of the other jobs eligible this year!

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
i asked before as well i m repeating the question

does anyone have the direct link for the google docs where the information isupdated

tinyurl is blocked in my location

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@nskatcv
No where its stated, its more of an interpretation of general rule of "majority". Logically, hardly anyone's will match 100%, but obviously the higher the better.

nskatcv said:
Thanks. Because the CIC doesn't say anything in this regard, is that why it is considered safe to assume so ? Or they have mentioned it explicitly somewhere.

Reason to probe is that sometimes the job title could be totally non-indicative of the NOC title.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
glenn9090 said:
i asked before as well i m repeating the question

does anyone have the direct link for the google docs where the information isupdated

tinyurl is blocked in my location
Entry : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Wl4oS7u4P1oek09X6ZUO6hHK-9jE3TNIAwgHSWMowAA/viewform

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ/edit#gid=1627896255

Status
Not open for further replies.