Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi sir, i responded and I can say you are on course. Looking forward to positive update from you soon.
Thanks, I have read it.

10percent

Feb 13, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi sir, i responded and I can say you are on course. Looking forward to positive update from you soon.
can't stop refreshing my mail box even spam mail. Highly expectant.

Flosure

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
25/11/2014
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
12/06/2015 and 28/10/2015
Med's Done....
05/11/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30/03/2016
VISA ISSUED...
13/04/2016
LANDED..........
04/08/2016
First Person to get PR through Express Entry

She submitted her complete online application on February 5, and received confirmation of her permanent resident status on March 26.

This is an interesting piece that you may want to read. ‘Canada is the land of immigrants,' says first person to get PR through Express Entry

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/04/canada-land-immigrants-person-pr-express-entry-044846.html

These are some excerpts from the piece... you can also read from the webpage above.

Tell us a little about your job in Canada

It's for a green chemistry company, who work with renewable bio-based alternatives to petrochemicals and harmful chemicals in general. I worked for large pharmaceutical companies for six years before I came to Canada, but this is a small company where you have much more exposure to different things. Although my background is chemistry-based and I do work in the lab, I've started now to be able to move into business development positions where I'm speaking with customers and trying to find out their needs. I'm taking on leadership roles in the company, which I wouldn't be able to do at home. Because of the nature of the company, something like this doesn't exist anywhere else.

What advice would you give to individuals looking to immigrate to Canada in the near future?

The best thing to do is to come with a positive attitude. It's not always going to be easy. When I first came, I worked in a bakery shop in Orono, which was obviously not my dream career but you need Canadian experience to get any kind of position. Any kind of job you can get will help you. You can't come to Canada, or any country, thinking that you're just going to land your dream job straight away and everything is going to be rosy. It can be a hard slog and you have to be in the right place at the right time to get the positions. If you stick it out, the opportunities are there. It's the land of immigrants, and they're always looking for people that have different skill sets. If you come into it with the right attitude, that you're willing to work hard and take on challenges, they're happy to let you do that.

Do you think that the Express Entry system is good for selecting skilled immigrants?

Yes, definitely. I had heard a lot of horror stories [about previous immigration systems] that take years and years to get through, so I figured that because time was ticking on the visa that I had, even though it was valid until 2017, I didn't want to have to wait. I can't believe I'm the first person to get it through the new system!

What advice would you give someone who may immigrate to Canada through Express Entry?

A lot of it is about having all the information gathered together and being able to submit it quickly. If it had taken me two or three weeks to submit, then there are more people ahead of you in the queue, so to speak. I had all my information and documents to hand and was able to submit an application quickly. For example, they ask you where you have lived for the past 10 years and it needs to be exact, and you can't just pull that out of nowhere.

I pray that God will make our journey to Canada smooth and also God's favour on us all as we set our feet upon the land of Canada.

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Amen. Uwc

4REAL said:
Appreciate you all, thanks tbaba, Doyinata, Flosure, Patecole, Samuel.eled, Ussave, allzwell, bensonams, 10percent, Ed_b_good, kay-diwe2014 and of course Pipis Husband.
The good Lord will see us through.

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Flosure said:

She submitted her complete online application on February 5, and received confirmation of her permanent resident status on March 26.

This is an interesting piece that you may want to read. ‘Canada is the land of immigrants,' says first person to get PR through Express Entry

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/04/canada-land-immigrants-person-pr-express-entry-044846.html

These are some excerpts from the piece... you can also read from the webpage above.

It's for a green chemistry company, who work with renewable bio-based alternatives to petrochemicals and harmful chemicals in general. I worked for large pharmaceutical companies for six years before I came to Canada, but this is a small company where you have much more exposure to different things. Although my background is chemistry-based and I do work in the lab, I've started now to be able to move into business development positions where I'm speaking with customers and trying to find out their needs. I'm taking on leadership roles in the company, which I wouldn't be able to do at home. Because of the nature of the company, something like this doesn't exist anywhere else.

What advice would you give to individuals looking to immigrate to Canada in the near future?

The best thing to do is to come with a positive attitude. It's not always going to be easy. When I first came, I worked in a bakery shop in Orono, which was obviously not my dream career but you need Canadian experience to get any kind of position. Any kind of job you can get will help you. You can't come to Canada, or any country, thinking that you're just going to land your dream job straight away and everything is going to be rosy. It can be a hard slog and you have to be in the right place at the right time to get the positions. If you stick it out, the opportunities are there. It's the land of immigrants, and they're always looking for people that have different skill sets. If you come into it with the right attitude, that you're willing to work hard and take on challenges, they're happy to let you do that.

Do you think that the Express Entry system is good for selecting skilled immigrants?

Yes, definitely. I had heard a lot of horror stories [about previous immigration systems] that take years and years to get through, so I figured that because time was ticking on the visa that I had, even though it was valid until 2017, I didn't want to have to wait. I can't believe I'm the first person to get it through the new system!

What advice would you give someone who may immigrate to Canada through Express Entry?

A lot of it is about having all the information gathered together and being able to submit it quickly. If it had taken me two or three weeks to submit, then there are more people ahead of you in the queue, so to speak. I had all my information and documents to hand and was able to submit an application quickly. For example, they ask you where you have lived for the past 10 years and it needs to be exact, and you can't just pull that out of nowhere.

I pray that God will make our journey to Canada smooth and also God's favour on us all as we set our feet upon the land of Canada.
Thanks Flosure for the encouraging piece.
We would all have wonderful stories to tell in Jesus name.

chuka2003

Sep 28, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-08-2013
Med's Request
03-09-2014
Med's Done....
12-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
Flosure said:

great

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks Ed_b_good....God shall complete what he has started in all our cases.

Ed_b_good said:
Congratulations kay_diwe2014, wishing you speedy processing of your CoPR and PRV.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks blacky..........God no dey sleep. Train must reach destination, no matter how slow.

blacky said:
congratulations kay_diwe2014
it has ended in praise.now go and dominate the the land of canada.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks Pipis Husband. All I can say is bountiful blessings from God shall be yours and all in this forum all the days of our lives.

Pipis Husband said:
All I can say is congrats Kaylad, what a wild ride. Sincerely wish you the best ahead. :)

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thanks bensonams, Xousia, tbaba, teed618, Preferred, Flosure, Unibadan, CalgaryChic. God shall complete what he has started in all our cases.

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations Kay-Diwe!
kay_diwe2014 said:
Thanks blacky..........God no dey sleep. Train must reach destination, no matter how slow.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application

rahoan

May 4, 2013
Hello Everyone,

please i don't know what advice to give to a very close friend who applied for fswp 2014. He used an agent but somehow feel out with the agent along the line. He currently doesn't know the status of his application (he hasn't received any mail regarding his application since he applied). He has no clue what i meant when i asked him for his UCI or file number. I am at loss as to where to start 'troubleshooting' his application.

please what should be his first line of action?

Calling CIC's customer service??? will that be helpful, he doesn't have details of his application.

Also the email address (he gave to the agent) during his 2014 application is no longer in use. Password issues and it was blocked. I must also add that he has tried mending fence with his agent but the gentleman doesn't seem to want to calm down.

He has decided to put in for the express entry this year but i imagine he may need some information from his previous application.

Please help out!!!!!

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
rahoan said:
Hello Everyone,

please i don't know what advice to give to a very close friend who applied for fswp 2014. He used an agent but somehow feel out with the agent along the line. He currently doesn't know the status of his application (he hasn't received any mail regarding his application since he applied). He has no clue what i meant when i asked him for his UCI or file number. I am at loss as to where to start 'troubleshooting' his application.

please what should be his first line of action?

Calling CIC's customer service??? will that be helpful, he doesn't have details of his application.

Also the email address (he gave to the agent) during his 2014 application is no longer in use. Password issues and it was blocked. I must also add that he has tried mending fence with his agent but the gentleman doesn't seem to want to calm down.

He has decided to put in for the express entry this year but i imagine he may need some information from his previous application.

Please help out!!!!!
This is a sad situation but if the agent is registered with CIC, the applicant can report the issue using a CSE - Case Specific Enquiry and inform them that he wishes to discontinue using the services of the agent and process his FSW application on his own. https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

He can also request for the status of his application and quote his name as appears on his passport, his NOC and date of birth, these details can be used to trace his application on their system. He will need to be patient though as a response may come between 4 days to 3 weeks in average. I wish him the best.

Sisi mee

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2014
Nomination.....
17-11-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2016
Congrats to everyone who has received a good news. indeed Baba God is on the throne working things in our favour. :D