Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
obinja said:
Congrats!!! That's great news... quick question, do these medical service providers work on weekends?
Thanks Obinja.
I'm not sure of the guys in Lagos, but the medical centre I plan to use (Prime Medical Consultants) are in PH and the work on Saturdays.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
kollins said:
Just a small notice to applicants using consultants or agents.
Experience has come to show that both parties will have issues especially if the applicant later find out that he's been duped.
I have a friend who did not receive medical request because the agent refused to forward it to him because of financial disagreement hence,the 30 days period given to him for submission of documents(almight POF included) is ending by monday....and he just got MR today expiring by Monday.
Fighting with your consultant during MR stage is an almost a lost battle.
If you need to fight it,please fight it immediately after your PER which makes it easier.
Those applicants (who are really fed up with their agent or consultant services) and who want to deal directly with Visa Office can do by filling the form IMM 5476 (by ticking the cancellation part in form)

After filling the form and signing it, you need to send it along with covering letter by courier giving your direct contact details:-

1) Email address ( please remember your email id and password)
All correspondence will be through emails so be prepared in giving email id which you remember and password

2) Address, PO Box No. ( Your office address and home address )
Give full address details for documents to be sent to you ( MR,PPR, COPR,etc)

3) Your Contact number ( Mobile No, Telephone No)

For form to download , please click the below link:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Note :

1) Your consultant or agent cannot harm your case in anyway. Don't be scared of his threats and simply remove him from Authorized
Representative (even without informing them)

2) Job Offer from agent or consultant is 100% scam and don't get trapped into it
Fight it now if you are no more comfortable before getting your MR because they will always ask for cash at every successful stage before releasing info to you.
Cheers.
Good advice from Kollins.
I used a consultant last year and they delayed my application until I missed out... cap for my NOC was full before my application was opened by CIC. They will keep asking for one thing or the other. Imagine, when I responded to their 'final' query, i got an "OUT OF OFFICE" response that the personnel handling my case will not be available for 5 days as she has to observe some days off work!!! Can you just imagine that? As at when i sent the response for that final query, my NOC was at 237/300. I am sure that 5days would have gotten me in if they had attended to my application with the urgency it deserved.
So this time around, I decided to roll up my sleeves and file in my application myself.

CalgaryChic

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
30/07/2015
oscartan said:
Thanks yka10. All the best with your application
Congrats Oscartan........

Cocodio

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
Nomination.....
PER received on 05-06-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2014
LANDED..........
June 2015
oscartan said:
Thanks Obinja.
I'm not sure of the guys in Lagos, but the medical centre I plan to use (Prime Medical Consultants) are in PH and the work on Saturdays.
The ones in Lagos also work on Saturday.

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Shakiratu said:
Thank you Kollins for this info.

I had a consultant when I tried the Manitoba PNP. It didnt end well. After paying 3000 USD and submitting the 1st application, it was immediately rejected for some technical issues which she never warned me about. I offered to correct the challenge and she said that for her to apply online for me again, I would have to pay 1500 USD and I would have to wait a month before she does it as her workload was too much.

I was livid.... I learnt my lesson, accepted my fate and moved on forgetting the money. As God would have it FSWP opened. I read up on everything MYSELF. Consultants offer no advantage. Its your life details being filled on those forms and no one knows it better than yourself. The document checklist and website have all the information needed to help you submit a complete application. It just requires that you read up. This forum and the wonderful people here are the added advantage!

Everything works together for good. Had my MPNP application gone through it would have been hanging there or returned anyway because they halted the programme not long afterwards. I wouldnt have considered applying for FSWP.

Have a great day....
A very good point raised by Kollins and supported by Shakiratu.
I have always believed the thing can be self-done...last year, i did it myself and missed out because of maximum cap. When FSW opened again this year, i was excited and wanted everything to be so perfect that i contacted a consultant. I paid an initial deposit (about 120k or so), I was assigned a case officer who started asking for some other documents...Ig later advised that I should drop the consultant and go solo like last year. i immidiatelly started, and because I already had most of the documents, I was ready in just a few days...i sent my application on May 19 and it was received on May 26...PER came on Sept. 17. This is just to encourage others (like Pipis Husband said) we can do it by ourselves. read the instruction guide in and out...ask people questions and all will be well by God's grace. Today, i am like a CIC consulat in the office :D

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
oscartan said:
Good advice from Kollins.
I used a consultant last year and they delayed my application until I missed out... cap for my NOC was full before my application was opened by CIC. They will keep asking for one thing or the other. Imagine, when I responded to their 'final' query, i got an "OUT OF OFFICE" response that the personnel handling my case will not be available for 5 days as she has to observe some days off work!!! Can you just imagine that? As at when i sent the response for that final query, my NOC was at 237/300. I am sure that 5days would have gotten me in if they had attended to my application with the urgency it deserved.
So this time around, I decided to roll up my sleeves and file in my application myself.
Sorry buddy ......
At long last,you're in now.
Believe it or not,there is a special satisfaction in doing it yourself which is non existent when it's contracted out to an agent or consultant .
Cheers

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
oscartan said:
MR received. PCC update requested. I'm grateful. My prayers for others on queue to receive theirs asap.
Congrats Oscar!!!

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
oscartan said:
MR received. PCC update requested. I'm grateful. My prayers for others on queue to receive theirs asap.
Congrats oscartan.

@ ksa0510, 2nd half don start oooooooooooooooooo. ;)

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Kayb said:
I bless God for His favour upon my family, my CC was debited last nite. To God be all the glory
NOC: 1123
Application Submitted: 31st July
CC Debit: 12th November

PER: coming soon watchout :D :D

Thanks everyone
Kayb
COngrats Kayb!

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
kollins said:
Sorry buddy ......
At long last,you're in now.
Believe it or not,there is a special satisfaction in doing it yourself which is non existent when it's contracted out to an agent or consultant .
Cheers
True! I concur with you. I feel most people that use consultant are either too BUSY to read up the requirements themselves or they dont just want to bother and this forum has really helped in clarifying doubts and providing guidance. So i'll say thumbs up to everyone of us that has answered one question or the other before, you may not know how much you have helped a brother or sister. and our ultimate reward is VISA and COPR and a fulfilling life thereafter in CA :) :) :)

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
@ Kollins, thanks for always watching our backs. Consultants/Agents could be a pain. I paid some consultant $3,995 last year and guess what? They don't care. They don't even follow up on you. They are just interested in your money. Their response many a time is always very slow too. Long and short I missed the cap despite engaging them as early as May last year. This year, I did it myself and God is only trying to show me that my success will be attributed to him and not any consultant.

So my people if you are using a consultant, good or bad, reliable or not, I think after your PER, NOW is the time to disengage. Let's follow the simple disengaging procedure....Wish you all the best ladies and gent.

kollins said:
Just a small notice to applicants using consultants or agents.
Experience has come to show that both parties will have issues especially if the applicant later find out that he's been duped.
I have a friend who did not receive medical request because the agent refused to forward it to him because of financial disagreement hence,the 30 days period given to him for submission of documents(almight POF included) is ending by monday....and he just got MR today expiring by Monday.
Fighting with your consultant during MR stage is an almost a lost battle.
If you need to fight it,please fight it immediately after your PER which makes it easier.
Those applicants (who are really fed up with their agent or consultant services) and who want to deal directly with Visa Office can do by filling the form IMM 5476 (by ticking the cancellation part in form)

After filling the form and signing it, you need to send it along with covering letter by courier giving your direct contact details:-

1) Email address ( please remember your email id and password)
All correspondence will be through emails so be prepared in giving email id which you remember and password

2) Address, PO Box No. ( Your office address and home address )
Give full address details for documents to be sent to you ( MR,PPR, COPR,etc)

3) Your Contact number ( Mobile No, Telephone No)

For form to download , please click the below link:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Note :

1) Your consultant or agent cannot harm your case in anyway. Don't be scared of his threats and simply remove him from Authorized
Representative (even without informing them)

2) Job Offer from agent or consultant is 100% scam and don't get trapped into it
Fight it now if you are no more comfortable before getting your MR because they will always ask for cash at every successful stage before releasing info to you.
Cheers.