LANDED..........
12th June 2016
Ed_b_good said:
Yes PH, I think you can get that from his post:

Re: Nigerians that have applied for Federal Skilled Workers 2013 program
« Reply #8281 on: April 29, 2015, 03:56:25 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hello good people,

Please, join me and thank the Lord, as we always say here, as it has ended in praise for me and my household.

I got my PPR on the 11th March and passports sent same day. Received in Accra on the 14th March. On the 20th March, got another mail from Accra questioning me why I have two valid passports. Here's the thing, I have or had a valid Canadian WX-1 visa on an older passport of mine and the pages were filled up and had to get a new passport which was the one I was using for the application. At the time, I didn't think it was necessary for me to send an older passport as it had been cancelled at the point of renewal despite the few valid visas on it. Sent the older passport on the same day and explained that the passport had indeed been cancelled.

On the 31st checked, ECAS and decision made. So I kept refreshing my mails and hoping the pickup mail will drop in a day or two. Brethren, nothing happened. Week 1, week 2. I started fretting and getting uneasy as I had to use my passport on the 27th April. Didn't have a choice than to send a mail and CSE to Accra. Still no response. I was expecting the worst but at this stage I just wanted my passport back as it'd be stupid to toy with my livelihood as I wasn't sure Accra was up to again.

Send a message to gentleandrew, he gave me the calm needed to proceed. Told me to send the mail again and raise the CSE. I did and attached my flight details etc as I had done previously.

1:03pm, 23rd April pick up arrived. Initiated the pickup with DHL same day. Didn't get any reference number nor tracking number all through Friday. Called DHL Accra to confirm if they did pick up the documents, they told me the lady to confirm that has gone to the hospital....at this point, couldn't care about that lack of professionalism as I just wanted my passport back.

On my way to the DHL branch where I initiated the pickup, they called from NAHCO that my package is ready to for pick up so I just went straight to pick it up.

I was so nervous that I almost ripped one of the CoPRs apart.

The immigrant visas and CoPR all there and the visas were issued on the 26th March. Incredible!

And I was able to make the other visa application I needed to make on the 28th April.

Good is good. I can confirm that. Help me give a shout to Andrew, that man has got the spirit of the most High about him.

My details is on the 2014 spreadsheet but I enjoy this house more. So seniors, my timeline from Medicals is all included in this post.

For those expectant, the desires of your hearts will never be cut short. It will, by His grace, all end in praise. Amen.

Contracts dude....It will end in perfect praise for all of us...AVO. n In Canada

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Hello landed seniors, Hello , pls am landing in calgary in a few days time, is it compulsory to fill the goods accompany list because I have no goods except personal clothes and shoes with little food items??

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
donmaxman said:
I have received picked up notification from Accra Visa Office. I am surprised at their speed cause my passport just reached them on Monday 25th of April, 2015. I am more surprised that they are working today that is public holidays.
Congratulations donmaxman, this favor where AVO is working behind the scenes for your good will never cease. God bless your upward movement, see you in Maple land :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Guyman1234 said:
Pls house,

What exactly constitute background checks ? And are they different from security checks ?
Hi, there are three formal clearances (background checks) required for grant citizenship applicants.

These are: GCMS; RCMP; and CSIS. They are essentially, respectively explained like this:

GCMS: immigration (confirmation of status and admissibility)

RCMP/Foreign police: criminal background, which can be more robust than just the name-record criminal history check, which probably means it can involve queries beyond arrest and disposition records, such as into whether any law enforcement body is conducting an investigation or the individual is a suspect or has known connections to those known to be involved in criminality (the name-record criminal history check is done periodically throughout the process, and is similar to one often conducted during any secondary examination at a POE, and it is mostly a query run against an arrest and dispositions database based on individual's name and date-of-birth)

CSIS: security background (while obviously the scope of this is not public information, it is readily recognized that it at least involves queries into intelligence sourced databases, and other government security databases, which might reveal activity or ties related to organized crime, terrorist organizations, suspect military history)

Hope this answers your question :)

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Chingy said:
Hello landed seniors, Hello , pls am landing in calgary in a few days time, is it compulsory to fill the goods accompany list because I have no goods except personal clothes and shoes with little food items??
Hi Chingy, At the CBSA -Customs Office, we are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more].

Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in. However, if we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'.

I responded to your PM, hope this helps.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi guys, we would like all persons with recent updates to please edit and update their entries on our spreadsheet accordingly. It's a lot of information for only the admins to keep track of so we would appreciate your cooperation and quick action. Only those with challenges should send PM with complete info to the admins.

Thanks and have a great week :)

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Congratulations once again RD.

Royal Dee said:
interestingly today, my status was changed to Decision Made and I also got the passport pick up mail. All glory be to the Almighty God. What a way to start the month.

4REAL

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/6/14
Nomination.....
PER 22/10/14
Med's Request
15/4/15
Med's Done....
25/4/15
Passport Req..
15/5/15
VISA ISSUED...
04/6/15
Guyman1234 said:
Pls house,

What exactly constitute background checks ? And are they different from security checks ?
Below post culled from another forum might be helpful:

Quote from: qorax on April 19, 2010, 06:47:42 am

Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

4REAL

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/6/14
Nomination.....
PER 22/10/14
Med's Request
15/4/15
Med's Done....
25/4/15
Passport Req..
15/5/15
VISA ISSUED...
04/6/15
Congratulations Pel_adi, Donmaxmann, Royal Dee.

Mz. Johnson

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Royal Dee said:
interestingly today, my status was changed to Decision Made and I also got the passport pick up mail. All glory be to the Almighty God. What a way to start the month.
Yaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!! Congrats Royal Dee, it has ended in praise for you and your family.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Hi All, see this post made by ty on the 2013 Nigeria thread for your information. It is useful in planning towards driving in Canada;

l would advice that you get the normal FRSC license instead of the international one, we made the same mistake and even considering travelling back to naija to get it. You see, with the international one, you can only drive for 3 mths here in alberta and it can be exchanged for their class 7 GDL i.e. learner's permit and you can't drive alone except you have someone with a full non-GDL license by your side, and there are other conditions too but with the regular one, you just write the test, do road test and you get the class 5 non-GDL. The implication is that with class 7 GDL, it will take another 3 yrs before you become a full class 5 non-GDL why wait 3 yrs when you can get it immediately and for most jobs here, you are required to have a class 5.
Go to www.saferoads.com to understand the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system

labiz001

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
25-08-2015 (salary acct,pof & employment letter)
Nomination.....
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with app
Med's Request
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2016
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi All, see this post made by ty on the 2013 Nigeria thread for your information. It is useful in planning towards driving in Canada;

l would advice that you get the normal FRSC license instead of the international one, we made the same mistake and even considering travelling back to naija to get it. You see, with the international one, you can only drive for 3 mths here in alberta and it can be exchanged for their class 7 GDL i.e. learner's permit and you can't drive alone except you have someone with a full non-GDL license by your side, and there are other conditions too but with the regular one, you just write the test, do road test and you get the class 5 non-GDL. The implication is that with class 7 GDL, it will take another 3 yrs before you become a full class 5 non-GDL why wait 3 yrs when you can get it immediately and for most jobs here, you are required to have a class 5.
Go to www.saferoads.com to understand the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system

Good one PH

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Pipis Husband said:

Thanks PH.
There is no limit to the extent of info one can pick up from this forum with the help of people like you. Acquiring an international drivers license is an item on my to-do list, thinking it was preferred over the regular FRSC license.
God bless you for the selfless service.

MacFar

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
4REAL said:

Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).

A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Nice one!

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments & pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
4REAL said:

Qorax
Thanks, really full and comprehensive. Thanks also to pipis husband for ur angle to it also..
Am just An anxious September 14' applicant, worried about his application.