+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
MacFar said:
Quartza,
Ur response is quite logical. Better to view it from the point of treating his June application by sending MR for his wife (who is a Sept applicant) since he has already done medical than to think AVO is just unpredictable.
Seconded!

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
Preferred said:
Who is the Nov 17th guy? Can't seem to locate his post./ details
My own analysis tells me that the only period we are on a chronological queue is from Submission/Application Received Date to PER (At least to a very large extent). After PER the queue is no longer chronological ... it all depends on the simplicity (or complexity) of your application, the acceptability of the documents you submitted, the ease/difficulty with which your documents are verified and background checks are done, the updates you make to the visa office and of course the officers who touch your file.
You dont have to agree with this, it is my own observation which I think is evident. I even want to think that NOCs of skill type 0 and skill level A are favoured ahead of the others.

Summary of my rant: The spreadsheet should only serve as a forecast tool and not a real time map for you to follow and start crying when nothing wrong has actually happened with your application or when someone who got PER after you has gone ahead of you in the process. Godspeed everyone!

PS: I am not smiling, my Toronto Raptors have been swept off the NBA Playoffs (for those who follow basketball).

keysgav

Feb 19, 2015
i quite agree with you on some of the issues raised.
There's one important factor not included in the sheet : VO
Just a scenario, imagine two applicants submitted few days apart with two different VOs.
4 months after getting PER, VO1 is asking Applicant 1 to submit updated POF because he feels exchange rate has changed.
VO2 has asked Applicant 2 to proceed for medicals overlooking the updated POF maybe because he/she feels the difference in the exchange might be inconsequential enough to ask for a new POF...
For the time it will take Applicant 1 to get the POF across to them, AVO would have received Applicant 2 medicals.
It's just an individual thingy and it's on a case by case basis.
The most important thing (like Pipis Husband would say) is for your application to still be in order with AVO.

samuel.eled said:
What about the Nov 17th guy that received MR? I think it depends on the VO handling each application and the individual case that determine the MR proximity.

Some pple might av received one response or the other from AVO but might decided not to inform the house for one reason or the other. This will definitely affect the dependability and reliability of the data we av on Nigerian forum. For informed forecast, i will enjoined all to be supportive by disclosing any change in their status. It shouldn't be only when we need help we will run to the forum, we also need the primary data from every forum members for our assistance.

I am of the view that some Nov PER applicants av received MR cos of the Nov case cited above. Thus, it is not out of place for AVO to issue MR to Dec PER applicants btw 4 months to 5 months.

We pray everyone is atteded to accordingly. More good news pls forum.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
keysgav said:
i quite agree with you on some of the issues raised.
There's one important factor not included in the sheet : VO
Just a scenario, imagine two applicants submitted few days apart with two different VOs.
4 months after getting PER, VO1 is asking Applicant 1 to submit updated POF because he feels exchange rate has changed.
VO2 has asked Applicant 2 to proceed for medicals overlooking the updated POF maybe because he/she feels the difference in the exchange might be inconsequential enough to ask for a new POF...
For the time it will take Applicant 1 to get the POF across to them, AVO would have received Applicant 2 medicals.
It's just an individual thingy and it's on a case by case basis.
The most important thing (like Pipis Husband would say) is for your application to still be in order with AVO.
You said it sir, yu and T Rap. Permit me to request AVO to fastrack visa issuance for you guys :)

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Toronto_Raptor said:
My own analysis tells me that the only period we are on a chronological queue is from Submission/Application Received Date to PER (At least to a very large extent). After PER the queue is no longer chronological ... it all depends on the simplicity (or complexity) of your application, the acceptability of the documents you submitted, the ease/difficulty with which your documents are verified and background checks are done, the updates you make to the visa office and of course the officers who touch your file.
You dont have to agree with this, it is my own observation which I think is evident. I even want to think that NOCs of skill type 0 and skill level A are favoured ahead of the others.

Summary of my rant: The spreadsheet should only serve as a forecast tool and not a real time map for you to follow and start crying when nothing wrong has happened with your application or when someone who got PER after you has gone ahead you in the process. Godspeed everyone!

PS: I am not smiling, my Toronto Raptors have been swept off the NBA Playoffs (for those who follow basketball).
LOL. T-Rap, I just wanted to check the Nov 17 'poster's post'. So I can make a continuously informed analysis on AVO ' S FSW 2014 trend. It would be unwise for anyone to use d spreadsheet as a 'real time map'.

;D The tone of the posts on this forum in recent times......reminds me of the 2013 naija thread at a point when AVO's modus operandi became worrisome for some. AVO opened the floodgates and the tones changed.
Mmmmmmh most of them are landed now. The forum no longer a daily place of visit.

When AVO opens the floodgates...the tones here too will change. Smileys will start flying. And in a matter of months, priorities will change.

Till then....

Ibironkus

Apr 29, 2015
Hi Pipis Husband, i am quite new on this forum, i have a few questions to ask you. Please can you send me your contacts.

Many thanks.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Ibironkus said:
Hi Pipis Husband, i am quite new on this forum, i have a few questions to ask you. Please can you send me your contacts.

Many thanks.
Hi Ibironkus, I just sent you a private message - PM. Check your email, let's take things from there.

Henry Chuks

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-01-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-03-2015
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
**-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
**-06-2017
LANDED..........
12-10-2017
Thank You Pipis Husband...Thank you!

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
Pipis Husband said:
You said it sir, yu and T Rap. Permit me to request AVO to fastrack visa issuance for you guys :)
Permission Granted!!! ;D

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
spot on prefferred!

Preferred said:
LOL. T-Rap, I just wanted to check the Nov 17 'poster's post'. So I can make a continuously informed analysis on AVO ' S FSW 2014 trend. It would be unwise for anyone to use d spreadsheet as a 'real time map'.

;D The tone of the posts on this forum in recent times......reminds me of the 2013 naija thread at a point when AVO's modus operandi became worrisome for some. AVO opened the floodgates and the tones changed.
Mmmmmmh most of them are landed now. The forum no longer a daily place of visit.

When AVO opens the floodgates...the tones here too will change. Smileys will start flying. And in a matter of months, priorities will change.

Till then....

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs & salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017
Well said preferred.AVO should please open the floodgates...
it scares me when i see some may,june applicants still waiting for MR.
july,August,september,october b4 my nov turn.kai dis waiting game is interesting.
still believe it will end in prarise for all.

Tehillah

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/09/2014
Nomination.....
07/01/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13/07/2015
Med's Done....
15/07/2015
Passport Req..
06/08/2015
VISA ISSUED...
31/08/2015
LANDED..........
05/11/2015
Preferred said:

Till then....
I can't wait for the tone to change o, I am about to burst because of the tension of this wait. When I read "September" in the post, I had to adjust my seat and read again, I was happy momentarily until various other posts punctured my short-lived joy that it was finally my turn. I guess it was all wishful thinking. Like we say here in this family: "It shall end in praise". Lord may Your will be done, let the tone change in our favour in Jesus name, amen.

blacky

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
03-08-15 comp.reg. docs & salary acc stmt
Nomination.....
03-02-15
AOR Received.
03-03-15
IELTS Request
sent with Apps
File Transfer...
16-7-16 bank statement verification
Med's Request
23-02-17
Med's Done....
06-03-17
Interview........
2-5-17 RPRF+Pcc+pof+updated forms
Passport Req..
7-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
21-8-17
LANDED..........
october 2017

MacFar

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014(Returned) 02-10-2014 (App Resent)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wt application
Med's Request
10-07-2015
Med's Done....
15-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Preferred said:

Till then....
Thanks for the hope-raising lines. May the floodgates be opened soon and tones changed by His grace.
I share ur thots....