+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

keysgav

Feb 19, 2015
Usually, hospitals give copies of medical examination which you're expected to submit along with your RPRF. This would have served as an evidence for all concerned.
If you have the financial muscle, I would say just do fresh medicals for the people affected and inform AVO immediately. You can even use that to plead for an extension of the two weeks given.
Running from pillar to post might not be the best at this point in time considering that you've come this far in your application.
Also, if you decide to go through the legal means(using am immigration lawyer), the cost of doing that will be far higher than the cost of re-examination.
Just my own input... forumites are free to contribute or suggest something more reasoanble

phood2 said:
Hello, my peeps, thanks to all especially the experienced members for making this forum a solution centre.

I URGENTLY need some help from the senior/ experienced members please. Sorry...this is fairly long...but appreciate your time to fully digest - I received my MR early Mar 2015 and completed the medicals for all my family members same month in 2 different clinics in 2 different countries. AVO wrote me this month that 2 of my children's results, one from each clinic, have not been received. On contact with the clinics, the 1st one told me they have sent it and sent me a copy which I forwarde to AVO. Surprisingly, AVO then said they had no evidence of its submission to them and directed me back to the clinic. However, the clinic no longer want to communicate with me as they said that by their agreement with CIC, I should henceforth directed all my communication to CIC. Meanwhile, the 2nd clinic provided their evidence which show 'Visitor' in a section of the form. On this, CIC said that it should be 'Permanent Resident' but the clinic said that when they search the system they did not my child's name and only able to put her record under 'Visitor' and they this could not be changed. Now, neither of these 2 issues with the 2 clinics is my fault or under my control in any way but I am surprised that AVO wants me to deal with the clinics (who are not willing to talk to me) and not them dealing directly since they have much better leverage and the clinics are supposed to working for them. They gave 2 weeks to resolve (now remaining only 4 working days!!!) or else they will close my application for non-compliance. Any counsel that will help get me back on track will be well appreciated. God bless you as you share your thought.

Meanwhile my timeline (which have not been able to put on the spreadsheet - Admin help pls!) as follows

Application recvd - 12 June 2014
PER - 8 Oct 2014
MR/ RPRF - early March 2015

gentleiphy

May 18, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
PER 14-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
14-01-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015..SLU 21-07-15(Medical result received)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2015
LANDED..........
06-11-2015
For forum Members heading to Winnipeg-Manitoba and have no friends or relatives to help make you settle with ease...here is information from another forum

Hello all,

As an immigrant that landed via the PNP program I fully know and understand that your settlement is a lot easier when you know and have people to show you around.

The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Dominion Sanctuary Parish (www.rccgdominionparish.com) is interested in helping you to have a soft landing here in Manitoba whether it's by supporting your family with furniture, organizing airport pick-ups, helping the kids in schools, providing info on how to get a job and driving you around to get your SIN card, Manitoba Health cards etc and more importantly providing you with a spiritual base where we stand for one another.

RCCG Dominion Sanctuary parish is a multi-racial, non-denominational, non-profit Christian ministry that seeks to lead people into a personal relationship with Christ through practical teaching of the word of God, exuberant praise and steadfast prayer.

If you are landing soon or relatively new in the city please check here for more information on our website www.rccgdominionparish.com or email us at info @ rccgdominionparish.com

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
Pipis Husband said:
Hi guys, I just found this on another thread,

Situation very urgent!!!
Dear friends,
I shedule my medical exam for two weeks, but suddenly my bank called me to tell me that my statement of proof of funds is false!!! My VO asked them few days ago to check the statement and they determined as above. I picked up the agency to help me around the whole application (among other things, with the proof of funds) and I did not have any problems with them untill now (they are well known in my country). What to do now, if something is even possible to do? The layer from the agency is convincing me that we will react only if VO contact me in the future (with looking for the explanation of the whole situation and asking to send another valid statement), but I am not sure that this is going to happen...Should I contact them immediately with the explanation and with the new statement and try to save the whole process? Pls, help me with your advices, I am desperate!!!! Cry

For all those yet to advance to PPR, be aware that AVO can confirm your proof of funds at any time from your bank and if it is fake, your bank will not shield you. The cry above highlights the fact that POF is a very serious issue and can be reconfirmed at any time until visa is issued. It is an integral part of background checks.

For those who have spent out of your POF, please go and make it up now and leave the funds intact with your bank until you get your visa. The most acceptable form of POF is money in a bank account with 3 to 6 motnhs account statement or fixed deposit. This is what AVO has been known to largely accept. It will not be funny to get a request to provide a recent POF now and then you come running to the forum looking for advice and pretending to be desperate. At that point, we may ignore you.

A word is enough for the wise please, TGIF.
True talk, everybody should beware and be prepared

esttycan14

Nov 14, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014 from PER info
Doc's Request.
All is well
Nomination.....
03/02/2015
AOR Received.
All is well
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
All is well
Med's Request
24/07/2015
Med's Done....
28/07/2015
Interview........
Waived by God's grace
Passport Req..
26/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
09/03/2016
LANDED..........
01/06/2016
phood2 said:
Hello, my people, thanks to all especially the experienced members for making this forum a solution centre.

I URGENTLY need some help from the senior/ experienced members please. Sorry...this is fairly long...but appreciate your time to fully digest - I received my MR early Mar 2015 and completed the medicals for all my family members same month in 2 different clinics in 2 different countries. AVO wrote me this month that 2 of my children's results, one from each clinic, have not been received. On contact with the clinics, the 1st one told me they have sent it and sent me a copy which I forwarde to AVO. Surprisingly, AVO then said they had no evidence of its submission to them and directed me back to the clinic. However, the clinic no longer want to communicate with me as they said that by their agreement with CIC, I should henceforth directed all my communication to CIC. Meanwhile, the 2nd clinic provided their evidence which show 'Visitor' in a section of the form. On this, CIC said that it should be 'Permanent Resident' but the clinic said that when they search the system they did not my child's name and only able to put her record under 'Visitor' and they this could not be changed. Now, neither of these 2 issues with the 2 clinics is my fault or under my control in any way but I am surprised that AVO wants me to deal with the clinics (who are not willing to talk to me) and not them dealing directly since they have much better leverage and the clinics are supposed to working for them. They gave 2 weeks to resolve (now remaining only 4 working days!!!) or else they will close my application for non-compliance. Any counsel that will help get me back on track will be well appreciated. God bless you as you share your thought.

Meanwhile my timeline (which have not been able to put on the spreadsheet - Admin help pls!) as follows

PER - 8 Oct 2014
MR - early March 2015
The best thing to do as a matter of urgency is to have the 2 family members reexamined and scan copies of their medical report to AVO. In my opinion this is cheaper than the cost of hiring a lawyer, looking at the fact that their report might not be ready within these 4 days remaining you can ask AVO for extension.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phood2 said:
Hello, my peeps, thanks to all especially the experienced members for making this forum a solution centre.

PER - 8 Oct 2014
I concur with other forumites. Quickly institute another medical examination, urgently. D medical report is all AVO wants. D clinics dont hv anything to loose. You can also request for extension for AVO. God's grace.

Dotsngr

Nov 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gentleiphy said:
For forum Members heading to Winnipeg-Manitoba and have no friends or relatives to help make you settle with ease...here is information from another forum

Hello all,

As an immigrant that landed via the PNP program I fully know and understand that your settlement is a lot easier when you know and have people to show you around.

The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Dominion Sanctuary Parish (www.rccgdominionparish.com) is interested in helping you to have a soft landing here in Manitoba whether it's by supporting your family with furniture, organizing airport pick-ups, helping the kids in schools, providing info on how to get a job and driving you around to get your SIN card, Manitoba Health cards etc and more importantly providing you with a spiritual base where we stand for one another.

RCCG Dominion Sanctuary parish is a multi-racial, non-denominational, non-profit Christian ministry that seeks to lead people into a personal relationship with Christ through practical teaching of the word of God, exuberant praise and steadfast prayer.

If you are landing soon or relatively new in the city please check here for more information on our website www.rccgdominionparish.com or email us at info @ rccgdominionparish.com
Nice one, RCCG. God bless the brains behind it.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
phood2 said:

PER - 8 Oct 2014
Hi, you've heard it all from our dear forum members. Take the 2 kids for fresh medical examinations immediately and get the acknowledgement of medical done from the clinic. Scan it to the VO today.

phood2

Jan 16, 2015
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, you've heard it all from our dear forum members. Take the 2 kids for fresh medical examinations immediately and get the acknowledgement of medical done from the clinic. Scan it to the VO today.

Many thanks to you guys...I will do as advised and feedback the house. God bless you all indeed.

aweda

Apr 25, 2015
Good evening all, please am new to this forum. I got robbed 2 days ago and my international passport was taken with my bag. I have done my medicals and awaiting PPR . What step do i take to notify AVO of the lost passport. Am currently working on the re issuance which can only b done at abuja. Do i inform them now or wait till i get the new passport? Am so worried. Is there anyone with this experience. Please the experienced ones in d house please save me o

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
aweda said:
Good evening all, please am new to this forum. I got robbed 2 days ago and my international passport was taken with my bag. I have done my medicals and awaiting PPR . What step do i take to notify AVO of the lost passport. Am currently working on the re issuance which can only b done at abuja. Do i inform them now or wait till i get the new passport? Am so worried. Is there anyone with this experience. Please the experienced ones in d house please save me o
Hi, I've just replied your PM. Fast track the issuance of your new passport and inform your review officer about the theft of the old one by email. Attach a copy of the police report, all will be well.

Patrioticanadian

Dec 13, 2014
Hello House,

Please, I need a bit of clarification on POF. When I submitted my application in August 2014, I had double the amount of POF required for a family of four. I however enrolled for my masters in the UK and I have used part of the money to pay my school fees and other incidentals. I however still maintain the required POF but lower than the fund I quoted at the time of submission.

My question is, will AVO expect me to maintain the amount I filled on the form at the time of submission or is it okay to just maintain the required POF?.

I look forward to your response as usual. Thanks

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Patrioticanadian said:
Hello House,

Please, I need a bit of clarification on POF. When I submitted my application in August 2014, I had double the amount of POF required for a family of four. I however enrolled for my masters in the UK and I have used part of the money to pay my school fees and other incidentals. I however still maintain the required POF but lower than the fund I quoted at the time of submission.

My question is, will AVO expect me to maintain the amount I filled on the form at the time of submission or is it okay to just maintain the required POF?.

As long as you have enough POF for your family size no issue.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello Admins,

Kindly help update the spreadsheet. Konga has received PPR and is still showing Medical. I guess Antbanks, Onenigeria and Tiger have also received their passports and are still on PPR list.

My dear fellow forum members, kindly lets update our timelines or forward same to the admins to do in our behalf so that the spreadsheet can be updated and all times. Thank you.

May God bless our plans and grant us all our heart desires!

samuel.eled

May 5, 2013
Aberdeen
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
1212 DD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-06-2015: Updated POF and Salary Account Statement
Nomination.....
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
04-09-2015. Mail to attend COA Session
IELTS Request
07-06-2014
Med's Request
15-07-2015
Med's Done....
16-07-2015
Interview........
Never
Passport Req..
11-09-2015; Delivered 15-09-2015; Decision Made 21-09-2015, Pick Up 23-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
As much as d funds available in ur custody right now covers d requirement for ur family considering exchange rate conversion, there is no issue.

Patrioticanadian said:
Hello House,

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
kay_diwe2014 said:
Hello Admins,

Kindly help update the spreadsheet. Konga has received PPR and is still showing Medical. I guess Antbanks, Onenigeria and Tiger have also received their passports and are still on PPR list.

My dear fellow forum members, kindly lets update our timelines or forward same to the admins to do in our behalf so that the spreadsheet can be updated and all times. Thank you.

May God bless our plans and grant us all our heart desires!
Hi, please let the people concerned update their entries or send PM with all the necessary dates to myself, Kollins or KSA for update of the spreadsheet.