+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 applicants from Nigeria - Let's network

CanadaHome7

Nov 13, 2014
Hello House

You all are a blessing, it’s so encouraging to see the love and help in this forum. Thanking everyone for a good job in encouraging and guiding us

A big shout out to KSA 0510, Pipis Husband and other champion members, May the Good Lord Grant Us all our PERs.

I have two questions and would appreciate ur answers. I am an August applicant, paid using DD, applied for two NOCs.

1. In my first application, the main letter from my past employer does not have the company website because the company doesn’t have a website, will this affect me in any way?

2. While in the second application, I included the photocopy of my IELTS result since I had included the original in my first application. I included a letter stating that the British council would not give me a second copy except it is sent directly to CIC. I also wrote that I will make the request for an original copy to be sent immediately I have a code to identify my application. My question is should I go to British council now to send it or what should I do?

I am so worried and would really appreciate your wise words of wisdom.

tbaba

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 12/03/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
24-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Interview........
Telephone interview on 25/02/2016
Passport Req..
29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Canadahome7. For the first question I'm not sure that not having a website will affect your application. But for the second question photocopy of IELTS is not acceptable except you have been rejected you have submitted your original to CIC before, then you will have your rejection lletter and make reference to the fact that the original is with them. So your second application will not fly

CanadaHome7

Nov 13, 2014
tbaba said:
Canadahome7. For the first question I'm not sure that not having a website will affect your application. But for the second question photocopy of IELTS is not acceptable except you have been rejected you have submitted your original to CIC before, then you will have your rejection lletter and make reference to the fact that the original is with them. So your second application will not fly
Thanks for the reply but should i go to the british council and request they post it now, would this be too late?

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
CanadaHome7 said:
Hello House

You all are a blessing, it's so encouraging to see the love and help in this forum. Thanking everyone for a good job in encouraging and guiding us

A big shout out to KSA 0510, Pipis Husband and other champion members, May the Good Lord Grant Us all our PERs.

I have two questions and would appreciate ur answers. I am an August applicant, paid using DD, applied for two NOCs.

1. In my first application, the main letter from my past employer does not have the company website because the company doesn't have a website, will this affect me in any way?

2. While in the second application, I included the photocopy of my IELTS result since I had included the original in my first application. I included a letter stating that the British council would not give me a second copy except it is sent directly to CIC. I also wrote that I will make the request for an original copy to be sent immediately I have a code to identify my application. My question is should I go to British council now to send it or what should I do?

I am so worried and would really appreciate your wise words of wisdom.
Welcome.......
Having a website is not a reason for rejection or denial......atleast,no applicant in recent years have been denied or rejected because of the absence of website on the letter head paper.I want to believe your first application is perfect.....on the assumption that all other things in your package are error free.
As it is,your second application is in jeopardy of been returned back to you Unprocessed because of the absence of the original copy of your TRF for IELTS.
It is unlikely that British council will release another copy of your IELTS to you...or so to say.
Meanwhile ,approach them for it.....I've seen two buddies of mine been lucky to receive such request in hardcopy .....meanwhile,my was not released for me.
Advice that i will give you is to approach British council....if they did not give you,they can help you send it to CIC.
Go with an envelope already addressed to CIC nd include another cover letter to CIC explaining your omission in the first package to them afterwards ,detail every of your personal details regarding your application...NOC ,date of birth,name,passport id,received date of the application without IELTS by CIC and others.
Tell British council to send it for you after they must have agreed to insert the original copy for you in your addressed envelope to CIC (don't worry.....they will accept ).
You will pay for the cost of shipment to CIC for them to get this done and you will be given tracking number to know when received by CIC.
Personally ,i believe your first application have a higher rate of success than the one without IELTS.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
antbanks said:
My people

MR just strolled in....pleas join me in thanking God....am still shocked this is happening really fast...For those awaiting this good news...your waiting will be shorter than you expected in God's name

Seniors please help update the spreadsheet also I will appreciate advise on the medical centre to use for the exercise

Thank you Rastaman Prayers for your advise....although my POF was not requested :D ;)
Congrats buddy ...
Wish you speedy processing .
You will receive your medical forms ......which you will present at the medical center.......within the next 24hrs or so.
If you are in Lagos,only 2 hospitals currently render this service.
Please check the link below for list of acceptable hospitals in Nigeria approved by CIC......make sure you select Nigeria.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Cheers

Balinga

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Phiib said:
I am glad to announce that i received my PER yesterday (14/11/14).
Application was received by CIC on 17/7/14.
Congrats Phiib. God will perfect everything for us all.

CanadaHome7

Nov 13, 2014
kollins said:
Welcome.......
Having a website is not a reason for rejection or denial......atleast,no applicant in recent years have been denied or rejected because of the absence of website on the letter head paper.I want to believe your first application is perfect.....on the assumption that all other things in your package are error free.
As it is,your second application is in jeopardy of been returned back to you Unprocessed because of the absence of the original copy of your TRF for IELTS.
It is unlikely that British council will release another copy of your IELTS to you...or so to say.
Meanwhile ,approach them for it.....I've seen two buddies of mine been lucky to receive such request in hardcopy .....meanwhile,my was not released for me.
Advice that i will give you is to approach British council....if they did not give you,they can help you send it to CIC.
Go with an envelope already addressed to CIC nd include another cover letter to CIC explaining your omission in the first package to them afterwards ,detail every of your personal details regarding your application...NOC ,date of birth,name,passport id,received date of the application without IELTS by CIC and others.
Tell British council to send it for you after they must have agreed to insert the original copy for you in your addressed envelope to CIC (don't worry.....they will accept ).
You will pay for the cost of shipment to CIC for them to get this done and you will be given tracking number to know when received by CIC.
Personally ,i believe your first application have a higher rate of success than the one without IELTS.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers
Thanks Collins, i will do just as you advised, i really appreciate your encouragement

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
CanadaHome7 said:
Thanks for the reply but should i go to the british council and request they post it now, would this be too late?
Yes.
Please go on Monday and request it.
Kindly take the pain to follow the steps i told you in my penultimate post.
Cheers

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued May 20th. Pick Up Mail Received May 26, 2015.
Question please.
If you reply to email sent for Medical Request, does it go to the personal mail of the Immigration Officer or does it go to the general mail box of the visa office?? I am asking because I'm concerned about how quickly an email will be read and attended to.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
Jeezy said:
Can you find out from GTB on Monday if there was an attempt on your card please?
Be hopeful as you are still in the race.
All the best

Jeezy

Sep 12, 2014
ksa0510 said:
Can you find out from GTB on Monday if there was an attempt on your card please?
Be hopeful as you are still in the race.
All the best

THanks. I called on Friday, and they said there was no attempt. I am hopeful because my NOC is one of the ones that may cap soon (2171).

God dey.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Toronto_Raptor said:
Question please.
If you reply to email sent for Medical Request, does it go to the personal mail of the Immigration Officer or does it go to the general mail box of the visa office?? I am asking because I'm concerned about how quickly an email will be read and attended to.
Hi, all the review officers are members of the general mail group so your review officer will see your mail and process your file in queue. Relax :)

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Pipis Husband I salute!
I'm beginning to doubt if you're an applicant like the rest of us. Well as I earlier said, you have bodied this whole FSW thing. You're a maven for sure and you'll definitely get rewarded for all the free consultation you're providing here.
Make you do open office o, at least you no go dey slash people throats like all the stories we dey hear of people paying thousands of dollars to weak consultants/agents. ;D

Toronto_Raptor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28, 2014
Nomination.....
October 1, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
March 9, 2015
Med's Done....
March 12, 2015
Passport Req..
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Pipis Husband said:
Hi, all the review officers are members of the general mail group so your review officer will see your mail and process your file in queue. Relax :)
Is this the same thing that happens when one does a CSE?

Assuming you have not been contacted by AVO after you receive PER and you do a CSE I guess it is submitted as an email too to the entire group of immigration/review officers??