+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2013 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

aidin444

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinju said:
Please add my details to spreadsheet

NOC : 1112
Visa Office : New Delhi
IELTS bands : 8.5
Spouse IELTS :No
Relative in Canada : No
Job offer : No
Degree: MBA and Bachelor in Engineering
ECA Equivalence : Same
Job exp : 8+ Years
PCC sent: No
Fee Method: CC
App sent: 4/7/2013
App received: 10/7/2013
Signed by : DEXTER
Destination in Canada: TRONTO, ON
um...how do you know who signed your application? I don't understand. Based on the tracking of your package?

GJG

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-11-2013
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
19-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
Panam Singh said:
Dont know about video. But if you approach the officer with proper documents it wont take more then 15-20 mins.
Wife advised not to travel (140 kms) till ~18 August due to medical condition....
So.... left with the affidavit option only...:(

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
@civeng - 'as of' actually means all the work done until THIS date while the process started at an earlier date. Basically, it's an incorrect statement from CIC; "applications received as of May 4, 2013". They only opened and started accepting FSWP on 4-May hence actually did't meant "applications received as of 4-May". They used this date because it's a pivot point (it's a beginning of a new program) and can't think of any random date other than 4-May. If they would have said 'as of 10-May', then their statement stands valid that work started on 4-May and by 10-May they did this much.

I agree with the rest part and this has been tried by many of us and yourself time and then, but the problem is, as soon as the next page turns nobody bothers to look back and see what had been asked/expected of newbies or even the regular visitors. All good efforts goes in drain.

This forum is wide open with barely any rule enforcement and ban-hammering, hence people enjoy with whatever means they can.

amitind

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
I completely agree with you, its the starting date.

civeng said:
Good morning all,

English natives correct me if I am wrong, but from the English knowledge I have, in the sentence: "The number of complete federal skilled worker applications received as of May 4, 2013 is an estimate.", "as of" has the meaning "starting/from", the date from which something is considered to take effect. So in simple words they say "We started counting complete applications on the 4th of May" but they DON'T mention the date UNTIL when they have counted. So they are NOT saying the count is only for 4th of May, but that they started counting on that day!

Vel_BG

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Bulgaria
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2013
Nomination.....
(PER): 22-07-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
Med's Request
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2013
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2013
LANDED..........
...soon
jigzyy said:
Forum Members who are having issues with slow loading spreadsheets could use this following link. It's an HTML webpage, faster loadings with fewer options. I would request all users to use this.

http://tinyurl.com/fswp-2013-html

Update your bookmarks and save yourself from slow loadings :)
Dear admins,
We appreciate you are constantly improving the spreadsheet and that's very good thing! Many congrats for you people on your efforts!!!
However I personally liked much more the "original" version of the data sheets, not the html one. As I am most of the time using iPad to follow this forum and the sheet, now I am missing some of the functions like sorting and exporting particular data.
My question is Will you bring back the original version of the spreadsheet with the access for everyone?

Thank you and keep up the good work guys, you are awesome! 8) :p ;D

amitind

Star Member
May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
Hi Adrenalineforu,

If "as of" means all the work done until...

Then, why the starting line on the page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp) is:-

"As of May 4, 2013, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will only consider federal skilled worker (FSW) applications from people who have:

at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience in a single occupation,
within the last 10 years,
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), and who are:
"

Adrenalineforu said:
@ civeng - 'as of' actually means all the work done until THIS date while the process started at an earlier date. Basically, it's an incorrect statement from CIC; "applications received as of May 4, 2013". They only opened and started accepting FSWP on 4-May hence actually did't meant "applications received as of 4-May". They used this date because it's a pivot point (it's a beginning of a new program) and can't think of any random date other than 4-May. If they would have said 'as of 10-May', then their statement stands valid that work started on 4-May and by 10-May they did this much.

I agree with the rest part and this has been tried by many of us and yourself time and then, but the problem is, as soon as the next page turns nobody bothers to look back and see what had been asked/expected of newbies or even the regular visitors. All good efforts goes in drain.

This forum is wide open with barely any rule enforcement and ban-hammering, hence people enjoy with whatever means they can.

MR GRAVITY

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-27-2013
Adrenalineforu said:
@ civeng - 'as of' actually means all the work done until THIS date while the process started at an earlier date. Basically, it's an incorrect statement from CIC; "applications received as of May 4, 2013". They only opened and started accepting FSWP on 4-May hence actually did't meant "applications received as of 4-May". They used this date because it's a pivot point (it's a beginning of a new program) and can't think of any random date other than 4-May. If they would have said 'as of 10-May', then their statement stands valid that work started on 4-May and by 10-May they did this much.

WHAT IS THE DATE OF CURRENT UPDATE IN CIC WEBSITE? IS IT MAY 4TH 2013?

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
"as of" in this context indicates that data will have been taken account of up until that point, i.e. everything until the date specified.

I guess CIC should be updating the date to go along with it, so it is puzzling that they haven't.

(I am English, IELTS 9, so hopefully you'll take my word for it :D )

civeng

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
PER 24.07.2013
AOR Received.
n/a
IELTS Request
sent with doc
File Transfer...
july 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
29.10.2013/ PPs sent on 2nd of December
LANDED..........
hopefully in spring 2014
@ Adrenalineforu I beg to differ: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/as%20of

They say they started counting complete applications ON the 4th of May but don't mention an end date (ambiguous wording used in their advantage)...

@ loncan: I got 8.5 in IELTS but I am not Native speaker...but still for me "as of" means "a particular date when something/a rule comes into force" (eg. As of July 17th no one will get his application back :)))...I will end this topic on wording as I also need to follow my suggestions of keeping this topic clean of other subjects ;D

rawdah

Champion Member
May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013 PER Rec'd...: 07-08-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
23-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1:23-09-2014, PPR2: 20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2014
LANDED..........
04-12-2014
'as of' has two meaning

1) from
2) until

depending upon the context of the statement, the meaning varies.

Adrenalineforu

Mar 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May'13
Doc's Request.
Meds, RPRF and PPs
AOR Received.
01-Oct'13
Med's Request
03-Dec'13
Med's Done....
05-Dec'13
Passport Req..
03-Dec'13
VISA ISSUED...
04-Feb'14
LANDED..........
09-May'14
@Amit - 'As of' is a pivot point and the most recent date of a completing event/task. Usually "as of" is used only in cases where an article is intended to provide the most current information available, and will/might need updating in the future. The statement should make sense to a reader years into the future, even if the information has changed. Of course, the new rule started from May 4 but that doesn't means 'as of' means beginning BUT 'on this date'. Hence, 'on this date' or 'as of' is the most recent update date until a next date or rule is announced.

Example,
The population of Toledo as of the 2010 Census was 287,208" (where the 2010 census is the most recent available at the time of writing). The date used for a given statement should be the current date (for currently valid statements), or the date on which the data was obtained (for example, when using census figures).

I'm not a native English speaker but TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT has really helped building the language and logic over years.
(the example has been cited from WiKi)

geekaye

May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-15-13
File Transfer...
Transferred
Med's Request
03-12-14 (We started processing your application on 03-11-14)
Med's Done....
03-18-14 (Medical results have been received / 05-01-14)
Interview........
01-29-14
Passport Req..
05-20-14 (DM on 06-06-14)
Adrenalineforu said:
@ civeng - 'as of' actually means all the work done until THIS date while the process started at an earlier date. Basically, it's an incorrect statement from CIC; "applications received as of May 4, 2013".

[/quote]

I agree with Adrenalineforu. "As of" should mean cut-off (date).

neel-here said:
'English' can be as good or bad as the interpreter himself.. I find it as highly mis-used/ mis-interpreted language :D

There can not be a single date which would hold good for all the 20+ NOC's on the web page, it is lot more complicated than the English language. It seems CIC has adopted an approach of not updating the date , better not to put a date instead of quoting a wrong/ misleading date.

Bottom-line: 57 (1112) and 51 (2174) for hot NOC's in First week means it may take atleast Six weeks to reach a cap of 300 for each of the hot NOC's, assuming the trajectory of applications inflows is straight line @ 50 per week (& we know from the excel sheet that inflows get tapered off after 3-4 weeks)
+1 :)

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Adrenalineforu said:
@ Amit - 'As of' is a pivot point and the most recent date of a completing event/task. Usually "as of" is used only in cases where an article is intended to provide the most current information available, and will/might need updating in the future. The statement should make sense to a reader years into the future, even if the information has changed. Of course, the new rule started from May 4 but that doesn't means 'as of' means beginning BUT 'on this date'. Hence, 'on this date' or 'as of' is the most recent update date until a next date or rule is announced.

Example,
The population of Toledo as of the 2010 Census was 287,208" (where the 2010 census is the most recent available at the time of writing). The date used for a given statement should be the current date (for currently valid statements), or the date on which the data was obtained (for example, when using census figures).

I'm not a native English speaker but TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT has really helped building the language and logic over years.
(the example has been cited from WiKi)
+1 Good explanation

MR GRAVITY

Star Member
May 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-27-2013
rawdah said:
'as of' has two meaning
1) from
2) until

depending upon the context of the statement, the meaning varies.

AS OF MEANING FROM, ON, AT OR AT A SPECIFIED TIME.