waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Hi to all,

Any body here worked as a planning engineer or scheduling engineer or primavera planner? I just want to know if we can apply under 2131 NOC? Do our job description match on 2131? I am a graduate of Civil engineering degree and worked in a construction related company as a planner...

Please advise...

Thanks

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Yes you can apply
prepare your job description letter accordingly

dems said:
Hi to all,

Any body here worked as a planning engineer or scheduling engineer or primavera planner? I just want to know if we can apply under 2131 NOC? Do our job description match on 2131? I am a graduate of Civil engineering degree and worked in a construction related company as a planner...

Please advise...

Thanks

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
2131 - Civil engineers
Civil engineers plan, design, develop and manage projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. Civil engineers may also specialize in foundation analysis, building and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics and municipal planning. Civil engineers are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms and in many other industries, or they may be self-employed.

 Illustrative example(s)
• bridge engineer
• civil engineer, buildings and bridge engineer, consulting civil engineer
• structural design engineer, structural engineer, structural engineer, civil
• airport engineer, appraisal engineer, architectural engineer, asphalt engineer, bridge engineer, building envelope engineer, buildings and bridge engineer, cartographic engineer, chief civil engineer, civil engineer, civil inspection engineer, coastal engineer, concrete engineer, construction engineer, construction project engineer, consulting civil engineer, county engineer, dams engineer, district engineer, drainage design engineer, engineer, solid waste management, engineer, surveying, environmental engineer, environmental engineer, civil erecting engineer, foundation engineer, geodetic engineer, geomatics engineer, highway engineer, hydraulics engineer, hydrographic engineer, hydrological engineer, irrigation and drainage engineer, irrigation engineer, land drainage engineer, mapping engineer, materials and testing engineer, civil municipal engineer, navigation and positioning engineer, noise abatement engineer, ocean engineer, photogrammetric engineer, pipeline engineer, civil , pollution control engineer , precision survey engineer , project engineer, construction , public health engineer , public works engineer , rail transportation traffic engineer , reclamation engineer , remote sensing engineer , river and canal works engineer , sanitary engineer , sanitation engineer , sewage control engineer , soil engineer , solid waste management engineer , spatial information systems engineer , structural design engineer , structural engineer , structural engineer, civil , survey engineer , surveying engineer , traffic engineer , traffic engineer, rail transportation , traffic operations engineer , transportation engineer , tunnel engineer, urban road system engineer , water and sewer engineer , water management engineer , water resources engineer , water systems engineer , water treatment engineer

 Exclusion(s)
• Chemical environmental engineers (see 2134 Chemical engineers), Construction managers (0711), Engineering managers (0211), Geological engineers (2144), Managers in transportation (0731)

 Main duties
Civil engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
• Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
• Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications
• Develop construction specifications and procedures
• Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
• Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
• Conduct field services for civil works
• Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
• Establish and monitor construction work schedules
• Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations
• Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
• Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
• Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work
• Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects
• Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

 Employment requirements
• A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
• A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
• Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
• Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.

 Additional information
• There is considerable mobility between civil engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
• Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
• Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practice in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
PER: 9-Jan-15
File Transfer...
SLU updated 26Aug15, upto 5th Line update - 29Aug15
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
14-Sep-15, except for our new born MR received 27Oct15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Vats said:
2131 - Civil engineers
Civil engineers plan, design, develop and manage projects for the construction or repair of buildings, earth structures, powerhouses, roads, airports, railways, rapid transit facilities, bridges, tunnels, canals, dams, ports and coastal installations and systems related to highway and transportation services, water distribution and sanitation. Civil engineers may also specialize in foundation analysis, building and structural inspection, surveying, geomatics and municipal planning. Civil engineers are employed by engineering consulting companies, in all levels of government, by construction firms and in many other industries, or they may be self-employed.

 Illustrative example(s)
• bridge engineer
• civil engineer, buildings and bridge engineer, consulting civil engineer
• structural design engineer, structural engineer, structural engineer, civil
• airport engineer, appraisal engineer, architectural engineer, asphalt engineer, bridge engineer, building envelope engineer, buildings and bridge engineer, cartographic engineer, chief civil engineer, civil engineer, civil inspection engineer, coastal engineer, concrete engineer, construction engineer, construction project engineer, consulting civil engineer, county engineer, dams engineer, district engineer, drainage design engineer, engineer, solid waste management, engineer, surveying, environmental engineer, environmental engineer, civil erecting engineer, foundation engineer, geodetic engineer, geomatics engineer, highway engineer, hydraulics engineer, hydrographic engineer, hydrological engineer, irrigation and drainage engineer, irrigation engineer, land drainage engineer, mapping engineer, materials and testing engineer, civil municipal engineer, navigation and positioning engineer, noise abatement engineer, ocean engineer, photogrammetric engineer, pipeline engineer, civil , pollution control engineer , precision survey engineer , project engineer, construction , public health engineer , public works engineer , rail transportation traffic engineer , reclamation engineer , remote sensing engineer , river and canal works engineer , sanitary engineer , sanitation engineer , sewage control engineer , soil engineer , solid waste management engineer , spatial information systems engineer , structural design engineer , structural engineer , structural engineer, civil , survey engineer , surveying engineer , traffic engineer , traffic engineer, rail transportation , traffic operations engineer , transportation engineer , tunnel engineer, urban road system engineer , water and sewer engineer , water management engineer , water resources engineer , water systems engineer , water treatment engineer

 Exclusion(s)
• Chemical environmental engineers (see 2134 Chemical engineers), Construction managers (0711), Engineering managers (0211), Geological engineers (2144), Managers in transportation (0731)

 Main duties
Civil engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
• Confer with clients and other members of the engineering team and conduct research to determine project requirements
• Plan and design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, dams, water and waste management systems and structural steel fabrications
• Develop construction specifications and procedures
• Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
• Interpret, review and approve survey and civil design work
• Conduct field services for civil works
• Ensure construction plans meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
• Establish and monitor construction work schedules
• Conduct feasibility studies, economic analyses, municipal and regional traffic studies, environmental impact studies or other investigations
• Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
• Conduct technical analyses of survey and field data for development of topographic, soil, hydrological or other information and prepare reports
• Act as project or site supervisor for land survey or construction work
• Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate tenders for construction projects
• Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.

 Employment requirements
• A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
• A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
• Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
• Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.

 Additional information
• There is considerable mobility between civil engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
• Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
• Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practice in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the brilliant information that you send. so i can apply 2131 although only 2 points from their list of main duties i have in my job description or matching?. also I think civil engineer is very broad and from their list of main duties there are still many duties not listed there as a civil engineer.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Yeah civil engg is broad topid even for me only 2 duties were matching form list

but you mention 6-8 lines based upon that two in your JD do not copy paste the same

dems said:
Hi,

Thank you very much for the brilliant information that you send. so i can apply 2131 although only 2 points from their list of main duties i have in my job description or matching?. also I think civil engineer is very broad and from their list of main duties there are still many duties not listed there as a civil engineer.

Rayj

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/05/2014
Med's Request
08/10/2014
Med's Done....
14/10/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20/01/2015
Congratulation Vats on your Visa!! I just opened up this thread and saw the good news!!

Sorry if I am invading your privacy but I am noticing that you will be leaving in October-2014. Any specific reasons for that as I suppose it will be the beginning of the harsh winter there in Canada. Also let me know how you go on with your job there among others.

Thanks and Congrats once again!!

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
Vats said:
Yeah civil engg is broad topid even for me only 2 duties were matching form list

but you mention 6-8 lines based upon that two in your JD do not copy paste the same
Thank you, really appreciate your advice.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
thanks
there is no any specific reason to leave on oct. but looking to my current proffessional engadgement here its tentative timeline i suppose at the earliest i can go there. yes winter is also issue during that duration. I may delay with that consideration my travel in next jan.

no about job I have no research but attanded CIIP and feel we can get job with good network and proper documents.
lets see what happen
Rayj said:
Congratulation Vats on your Visa!! I just opened up this thread and saw the good news!!

Sorry if I am invading your privacy but I am noticing that you will be leaving in October-2014. Any specific reasons for that as I suppose it will be the beginning of the harsh winter there in Canada. Also let me know how you go on with your job there among others.

Thanks and Congrats once again!!

dems

Apr 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep. 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
photo request - 6-Feb-15
Nomination.....
File Transfer...
Med's Request
04-Sep-15
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-Nov-15
VISA ISSUED...
7-Dec-15
LANDED..........
In God's Time
dems said:
Thank you, really appreciate your advice.
Hi vats,

I just want to know also if the immigration called you for an interview before? is interview part of the procedure or the process before you get the PR visa?

Thanks

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
If they have any doubt or any information required than they can call you for interview. they do background check as well if they have any doubt. its all depends upon them
dems said:
Hi vats,

I just want to know also if the immigration called you for an interview before? is interview part of the procedure or the process before you get the PR visa?

Thanks

engrkamran77

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with application. Updated docs request on 25.03.2014. Already sent and got confirmation of recieving
Nomination.....
14 November 2013
IELTS Request
already sent with application
File Transfer...
tranfered - confirmed by CSE
Med's Request
30-05-2014 with RPRF
Med's Done....
Medical done on 04-06-14 and received on 15.06.14...RPRF DD sent on 10.06.14 and received on 12.06.14
Passport Req..
PPR 01- 26.06.14....PPR2 - 18.07.14 --- Canada embassy..23.07.14
VISA ISSUED...
PP with visas and CoPR received on 02.08.2014
Vats said:
thanks
there is no any specific reason to leave on oct. but looking to my current proffessional engadgement here its tentative timeline i suppose at the earliest i can go there. yes winter is also issue during that duration. I may delay with that consideration my travel in next jan.

no about job I have no research but attanded CIIP and feel we can get job with good network and proper documents.
lets see what happen
Hi Vats,

congrats dear. After CIIP session, do you have any plan to apply for licensing process before traveling or afterwards. and which area you intend to land.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
yeah plan to get PEng but later means after reaching to toronto
engrkamran77 said:
Hi Vats,

congrats dear. After CIIP session, do you have any plan to apply for licensing process before traveling or afterwards. and which area you intend to land.

pankaj.bi

May 13, 2014
Vats said:
if you have any exp mentinoned in 2131 total 1 year in last 10 year than you can apply
Hi vats,
As you have mentioned that I can apply if inlast ten years anyone years my duties were matching with civil engineer NOC.what about points related to experience then ?would I get points even if they do not match with any of NOCs or I have to mention for each experience the NOC code.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Congrats Vats and all the 2131 peeps that have scaled through the hurdles...