+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

From TRV to Visitor

plaindot

Mar 23, 2011
Hello, I'm currently on my work visa (post graduate) but I failed to get the required hours to apply for permanent residence (only 200 hours more :( )

My work visa ends at June 20, however I would like to stay until july 20 to deal with other paperwork and shipping all my belongings back to my home country.

So I was wondering IF:
-IF I'm allowed to extend my stay?
-IF I'm allowed to turn my work visa into visitor visa (if it's possible) in order for me to stay just until end of july?
-IF none of those can be done, do I have to be out of Canada by june 20?

If anyone else have other suggestions, I'll be delighted to know!

Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can request to extend your stay as a visitor before your PGWP expires. You'd be on implied status till you receive a response form CPC-Vegreville, but you have to make sure he your application is received before the expiration of your WP.

plaindot said:
Hello, I'm currently on my work visa (post graduate) but I failed to get the required hours to apply for permanent residence (only 200 hours more :( )

My work visa ends at June 20, however I would like to stay until july 20 to deal with other paperwork and shipping all my belongings back to my home country.

So I was wondering IF:
-IF I'm allowed to extend my stay?
-IF I'm allowed to turn my work visa into visitor visa (if it's possible) in order for me to stay just until end of july?
-IF none of those can be done, do I have to be out of Canada by june 20?

If anyone else have other suggestions, I'll be delighted to know!

Thank you