+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Freelance work proof

silo66

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I've worked for a whole year as a freelancer but I only had one customer. We had 3 month contracts (4 of them, totaling a little over a year) working full-time hours.

I got a letter from this company with all the necessary requirements. (Hours, dates, descriptions etc.) Is this enough or should I provide the contracts etc. as well?

I know normally the employment letter is all that's required but in this case I'm not sure since freelance work proof is a bit of an iffy area.

Thanks!

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silo66 said:
Hello all,

I've worked for a whole year as a freelancer but I only had one customer. We had 3 month contracts (4 of them, totaling a little over a year) working full-time hours.

I got a letter from this company with all the necessary requirements. (Hours, dates, descriptions etc.) Is this enough or should I provide the contracts etc. as well?

I know normally the employment letter is all that's required but in this case I'm not sure since freelance work proof is a bit of an iffy area.

Thanks!
Yes, I would believe it is best to have all the contracts as proof. CIC will get very suspicious over freelance. Were you hired as a consultant ?

silo66

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_172452 said:
Yes, I would believe it is best to have all the contracts as proof. CIC will get very suspicious over freelance. Were you hired as a consultant ?
No, I was working as a graphic designer. My employer didn't want to hire anyone on a long-term contract so I worked as a freelancer on an hourly rate for a year.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silo66 said:
No, I was working as a graphic designer. My employer didn't want to hire anyone on a long-term contract so I worked as a freelancer on an hourly rate for a year.
Include the contracts, pay invoices, anything you have. If you were in Canada, include tax information. As much as you have to prove your status, give them. I was freelance for about 4 months in Canada, and they accepted evidence of the reference letter, invoices, contract, and tax info.

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
Hi i need a little help.
I worked in my home country as a freelance civil engineer in my home country for 1 year with my 9 years experience as employed by employers.

I got employment certificate already for the 9 years but for the freelance job is my concern.

For the freelance job - i did house construction for a private (not a company) client.
I worked for that project full time 8 hours a day but no time record since it is my own contract.
Is a reference letter from my client will meet cic's requirement?
In the letter what was mentioned are:
- contract amount
- scope of work done
- dates start and finished
- salary is mentioned as profit at approximately 15 to 20% of the contract price
For the no. Of hours worked i don't have a proof.
If the reference letter will serve the purpose - do I need to notarized it by an attorney?

Please advice how to properly prove my freelance experience.
Thanks in advance. :)

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
Hello there!

Does anyone here have any sample freelance contract similar to verification of employment as I am about to send an email to clients that I've had from the past. I just wanted my clients to read and sign the freelance contract document that I will soon send them. Hope someone from here can help.

Thank you in advance.