+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Freelance + LMO + permanent residence...

Sycrid

Oct 9, 2010
Hey thanks Leon,

Nah it's not Vancouver, it's Jasper - Alberta. I wish I could move to Vancouver, because then I could actually have a real chance of looking for skilled work. The 30k I spent on my education is being wasted right now.

I worked the skilled job for only 1 year, but I did work a skilled job in the UK for 3 years as well, does this bare any assistance? Also I'm just starting to do voluntary freelance work for a newspaper because it's part time, and they can't legally pay me. My assumption is that's skilled work (Photography and journalism) but does that matter, considering I'm having to do it voluntary, due to the legal restrictions that canada places on the LMO system?

Thanks again Leon.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately one year is not enough time to apply under CEC. Skilled work done as a volunteer also does not count. I can understand your problem if you are hanging on to living in a village with limited job opportunities.

Alberta also has a low skilled PNP, you can look into that at http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-semi-skilled-criteria.aspx You can look into if you qualify for that or if your girlfriend does. If you have lived together for a year or get married, you can include each other on your PR applications.

If neither of you qualifies, you should do better to look for a skilled job in a bigger city or at least a low skilled job that qualifies.

Sycrid

Oct 9, 2010
Thanks Leon for your persistance in assisting me with this. Looks like I'm totally screwed to be working for this hotel for the next 2 years. You have highlighted within the last link that my current job is classified as a semi-skilled job, and that I need to work it for 3 years according to the information presented on that link.

Ahwell, I figure I may have to start looking for additional work for me and misses, any idea if there are any employment agencies that assist with sponsorship job hunting? I doubt there are actually many if any at all, so no problem if you don't. You've helped a lot mate, just sucks that we can progress this any further. Never the less I have contacted more lawyers, to see if they can twist and bend this situation into a way that works.. afterall that's what they get paid for in the courts of law.

Thanks mate.