+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forum for not under 38 list applied in 27/2/08 to 30-11.08

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Sarbjit said:
sayed says-----Positive answer of this question can say that they will process some of the selective applications.

hi sayed,
do you know some of the selective application who they processed or do have any information ? If yes, please share some more information o this, as I also afraid that my application is going to reject. I am also thinking of apply to QUEBEC as well. what do u think ?
Actually no specific information is found regarding any special cosideration of particular applications between Feb-Nov 2008.

However, if you go through the discussion regarding the issue in this forum you will also find information, which may give you hope. To find the information please use search option of this forum.

I personally suggest all applicants bet Feb-Nov 2008 to wait if CIC gives any positive reply and look for another option immediately.

Good luck.

SYED

ROCKY1981

Aug 12, 2009
We r in same boat brothers but i think cic getting interests of our money from banks by keeping them.....

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
lol thts truu

xyz592

Star Member
Jul 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
I applied in July 2008 in Singapore and my application was transfered to CIC, Sydney in March 2009. It took nine to transfer the application to actual destination and from then already 6 moth have passed without any improvement. Note sure how long it may take. Even though it was told that all the application after Feb 26, 2008 will be treated same way they are not doing the same. Can we all the victims try to get any legal help?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xyz592 said:
I applied in July 2008 in Singapore and my application was transfered to CIC, Sydney in March 2009. It took nine to transfer the application to actual destination and from then already 6 moth have passed without any improvement. Note sure how long it may take. Even though it was told that all the application after Feb 26, 2008 will be treated same way they are not doing the same. Can we all the victims try to get any legal help?
Just how were you victimized? You knew the system was changing when you submitted your application and you took a chance that you would qualify. I would say that the only problem is that you haven't received a decision. Did you get a file no. from Sydney? If so check the status, if no, you should send a letter to Sydney with proof of your applications submission and ask for an update.

PMM

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

xyz592 said:
Just how were you victimized? You knew the system was changing when you submitted your application and you took a chance that you would qualify. I would say that the only problem is that you haven't received a decision. Did you get a file no. from Sydney? If so check the status, if no, you should send a letter to Sydney with proof of your applications submission and ask for an update.

PMM
Dear PMM
I disagree with you.

We obviously are victimized. As we did not know about the 38 NOC when we applied.

I think almost none took any chance to be qualified by applying that time. You know application requires a fee, which is also a big amount for maximum applicants. Nobody thought that they would publish just 38 job list, not more than this. Did you guess about 38 list before they published it ? Obviously not.

You can comment like this, probably because you did not apply between that period.

Good luck.

SYED

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Feb-Nov 08 Applicants and David Cohen blog, any hope ?

Dear Friends
I request all applicants applied between Feb-Nov 2008 and not under 38 noc list to see the following link of Mr. David Cohen.

http://www.canadavisa.com/federal-skilled-worker-requirements-may-soon-change.html

In the link you will find the 38 NOC list. Click any job you will find the following statement in bold letters

Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:

That means 0111 Financial Manager is in the 38 NOC and any applicant of this NOc is elligible. Moreover, following although not listed in 38 are also elligible.

Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers (0122)
Managers of accounting and auditing firms (in 0123 Other Business Services Managers)
Senior Managers - Financial, Communications and Other Business Services (0013)

These are the jobs we as Classified Elsewhere.

By clicking the 0111 Financial Manager I found following :

Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.
Applicants with experience in the following occupations may also be considered under this NOC depending on the specifics of the main duties performed:
Managers of accounting and auditing firms (in 0123 Other Business Services Managers)

I request other memebres to see the link and participate in the discussion whether actually we find any hope there.

Good luck.

SYED

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
dear friends,

ive also applied in this period and my NOC is 0122(Banking and other investment managers).After knowing about 38 list i just sent a letter to ND CHC informing them that i am also eligible to be considered as financial manager (0111).But after that i came to know that my application was tranfered to NS by checking the E-Cas status . I think my local CHC must have redirected my letter to CIO

Thankyou

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
ANY BODY REJECTED did u get refund back???

I applied in may 2008 and got letter in january 2009 that my occupation is not in 38 list...I was told I will be refunded in few weeks but i havent seen nothing yet after 1.5 years of sending my application...Jason Kenney is a crook...I hate that fat bast*rd...I am a laid of worker and i need my money back....sob...

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
from sonu's case one thing is clared that many applicants between this peiod are already rejected
can you plz tell us tht under which NOC you applied ?

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Naavy100 said:
from sonu's case one thing is clared that many applicants between this peiod are already rejected
can you plz tell us tht under which NOC you applied ?
i applied as mechanical engineer in may 2008...got file # in Nov 2008 and 38 occupation rejection letter in Jan 2009 with no sight of refund....fuk Jason Kenney fat as*...

xyz592

Star Member
Jul 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
Do anyone know if anybody who applied from Feb-Nov08 got feedback recently?

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Syedrahman

This is for people to help figure out their NOC code. For example, someone who taught at a tertiary technikon (a type of school in south africa) may even qualify under university professor because of the type of jobs they do. In that case, the secondary list helps them figure out if they will qualify under a different NOC. But they have to apply under the correct NOC. One cannot apply under a wrong NOC and expect CIC to go by David Cohen's website. David Cohen's website is there to help you figure out your NOC but is not the CIC website.

I am writing this so that others in the same situation will not be given false hope.

syedrahman1980 said:
Feb-Nov 08 Applicants and David Cohen blog, any hope ?

Dear Friends
I request all applicants applied between Feb-Nov 2008 and not under 38 noc list to see the following link of Mr. David Cohen.

http://www.canadavisa.com/federal-skilled-worker-requirements-may-soon-change.html

In the link you will find the 38 NOC list. Click any job you will find the following statement in bold letters

That means 0111 Financial Manager is in the 38 NOC and any applicant of this NOc is elligible. Moreover, following although not listed in 38 are also elligible.

These are the jobs we as Classified Elsewhere.

By clicking the 0111 Financial Manager I found following :

Financial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government. Click here for a list of Example Titles of this occupation.

I request other memebres to see the link and participate in the discussion whether actually we find any hope there.

Good luck.

SYED

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
syedrahman1980 said:
Dear PMM
I disagree with you.

We obviously are victimized. As we did not know about the 38 NOC when we applied.

I think almost none took any chance to be qualified by applying that time. You know application requires a fee, which is also a big amount for maximum applicants. Nobody thought that they would publish just 38 job list, not more than this. Did you guess about 38 list before they published it ? Obviously not.

You can comment like this, probably because you did not apply between that period.

Good luck.

SYED

Yes PMM can comment like this because he did not apply between this period. This allows for him to be objective about it.
You are correct, no one (in the public) knew about the list but we all knew the rules were going to change and CIC had forewarned that anyone applying after Feb 2008 will be processed under the future rule. You knew that while applying, so you cannot say you were victimized. You applied under great hope and I am sorry that your NOC did not fall in the list but you were not a victim. You were forewarned by CIC at the time you applied.