+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forms for Canada study visa from Pakistan

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to confirm whether we have to submit the forms mentioned in Document checklist or are there more.

Actually I was searching my computer and found out a form regarding details of parents and siblings (cvalled suplementary form)

I cant remember where I got that form from but now I cant find it on CHC website for Pakistan

kista

Aug 24, 2009
Yes there is a supplementary info form that is available on the website. The forms mentioned on the website are required but u can submit additional ones if u want.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
So plz some one correct me if I am wrong or missing some important form. I need these documents as minimum for Pakistan.

Application form
Supplementary form
Representative is NA
1 copy of passport and all previous original passports
6 photos
Proof of acceptance
Visa fee payment
Proof of funds available
Police clearance
Employment related documents
All other supporting documents

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Dont forget a copy of ur NIC, all original educational docs plus there photocopies from metric or o-levels onwards.

And yes the supplementary form is available at the website.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
What do u mean photocopies for

I am submitting original O levels, A Levels and BSC hons degrees and transcripts.
Do we need to send original and copies for educational docs

I am not submitting docs previous of o levels. Do we need to submit?

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
O-levels onwards is fine.
And i mean along with the original educational documents, attach their photocopies too.
They ask for the photocopies maybe so that they can retain it for their own record.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
it does not mention copies of educational documents and I am not attaching

Ref
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/study-etudie/study_permit-permis_etudes.aspx?lang=eng

memberof

Aug 1, 2009
@hs
lol, you don't need to attach photo copies. I am sure CHC has a photo copy machine :p
But yes do copy all documents and keep them for your record.

Don't forget to attach cover letter for your application. It is not mandatory. But in that application you can explain why you want to go there etc. etc. it will save your and their time to understand your soul purpose.

Don't go for property documents to show your money they don't give any weight to those documents.

Just one question. Are you applying for sept. session? If yes, then don't expect any news from CHC before july :)

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
memberof
i applied yesterday and my classes start May

Photocopies:
CHC does have a photocopy machine but they dont want to do all the stuff themselves.

The person at TCS courier Visa department office asked me to make photocopy of degrees / transcripts as this was required

@ property
That is more to show ties rather than funds.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
that is wat i said ..... attach photocopies too :)

anyhow best of luck for the visa .... i applied yesterday 23rd Jan
and my classes start 3rd of May.

I asked one of the representative at fedex how long will this take and he said 2 months .... and another one said 90 days :p

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
best of luck to u 2, keep us updated. I applied a week earlier. lets see how our timelines go.
my classes start 10 may.
where u going?
Mine is mba program at Queen's (kingston)

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
hey hs,

Alhamdolillah i got my passport back today for medical. However they have asked me to submit a few more documents when I submit back my passport.

They have even asked me to indicate where I will be residing in Canada .... any idea anyone on what I should submit regarding this. I can get a place leased for myself right now over there ... or can I just write an address or city?? Need suggestions regarding this.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
AJ
I got mine on 10 Feb, got medical done today 12 Feb.

I didnt get any doc about accomodation.

However accomodation is really important. If there is any hostel kinda place, say I will stay at hostel. Otherwise tell them, I will rent out place near the college/uni.

What value for expenses did u write?
I wrote my accomodation expenses as 10,000 and other expenses as 20,000 (since the uni said there would be total of 30,000 estimated). Mine were really high so I guess they didnt ask me.
I guess you would have written a smaller amount and now CHC wants to know where would u live in the cost that u mentioned in your application for.

Advance Booking
Remember u can also get a booking on internet and tell them I have done booking. Show them the proof. There are no charges for booking (as far as I know)

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Well, I have a cousin over there who will sign a lease in my name for a room that I will be renting out. And ur right, no charges for advance booking for that. I will get a scanned copy of it and attach it. Now thats the most i can do.

Well for accomodation expenses i wrote 7K dollars, because u can get a really decent place with 500$ per month ... and my uni does not provide hostel accomodation for graduate students. And hostels are just too expensive.
Whereas in others i wrote 6K .... mayb that became an issue. I dont know, but that really depends on ur lifestyle.

The've even asked me evidence of immigration status of all my relatives living in canada. I've started another thread for this. They sure are scrutinizing me :p

And you got medical done pretty quickly, the doctor in KHI is saying he'll give me a date for the end of this month, apparently they are swamped right now :p ... and the other doctor, he just wont pick up his phone :p
When do u plan to send back ur docs now?

Anyhow, Best of luck man!!