+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form IMM 0149

AlleyCatHamze

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ontario
I'm sponsoring my mother but not my father. I have listed in his schedule A background that he works for the government. Do I still need to fill up the Details Of Government Position form even tho he's not being sponsored?

AlleyCatHamze

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ontario
Are they divorced?
No. They're still physically together. Only the fact that she is being sponsored and he is not. He still conducts business back home and will be visiting back and forth. But in the forms, I was obligated to fill up his information even tho I am not applying for him to be sponsored

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No. They're still physically together. Only the fact that she is being sponsored and he is not. He still conducts business back home and will be visiting back and forth. But in the forms, I was obligated to fill up his information even tho I am not applying for him to be sponsored
Then he will have to fill out all the forms, including the one you asked about. Basically a non-accompanying family member will have to comply with / meet all of the requirements of an accompanying family member.

Looked at differently through a hypothetical: if your father is a war criminal or an unwelcome spy or something, your mother wouldn't be eligible either.

AlleyCatHamze

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ontario
Then he will have to fill out all the forms, including the one you asked about. Basically a non-accompanying family member will have to comply with / meet all of the requirements of an accompanying family member.

Looked at differently through a hypothetical: if your father is a war criminal or an unwelcome spy or something, your mother wouldn't be eligible either.
Gotcha... Thank you

Reactions: armoured

AlleyCatHamze

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ontario
Gotcha... Thank you
Just a quick question regarding the schedule A IMM5669 Personal history... My mom has been retired since 2006 but has been visiting Canada every 6mo or so for the passed 7 years. In the Activity section, Do I put retired? or the the fact that she's been visiting Canada from date to date? If so, do I put retired when she's at home and Travel when she's here?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just a quick question regarding the schedule A IMM5669 Personal history... My mom has been retired since 2006 but has been visiting Canada every 6mo or so for the passed 7 years. In the Activity section, Do I put retired? or the the fact that she's been visiting Canada from date to date? If so, do I put retired when she's at home and Travel when she's here?
I would keep retired as the activity. I believe you'll file travel separately. Or just write a short letter of explanation with her travel and times in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123