+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention visa refusal

ECanda

Jun 19, 2020
Hi
Just raise a webform
I talked with my lawyers ,she said we are telling them upfrot so it will be okay
So dont take stress ,send a webform and explain you forgot to mention and disclosing it now
Hi! How’s your application now? Did they accept just the Webform update?

sazati

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks you relieved my stress
So after webform by informing you mean i need to call the agent online too ?

As long as you inform and do not hide, you will be fine.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law, you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason why you omitted the information has to be provided.

The law is clear, while applications for different types of status engage different considerations, it does not necessarily flow that statements made in temporary residence applications cannot affect subsequent permanent residence applications (or vice versa). In Suri v. Canada, the court found that the Officer’s concerns vis-à-vis the contradictions between the Applicants’ temporary and permanent applications were reasonable and based on that the applicant's misrepresentation ban was upheld.

Federal courts have ruled on this numerous times.

Read - Suri v. Canada available at http://canlii.ca/t/grvwt
@legalfalcon please help me with this

I applied for my parents supervisa online on jan 31st, 2022 and I forgot to mention that they had a Canadian TRV refusal 8 years ago . while reviewing the confirmation messages from IRCC on January 31st, 2022- i realized i accidentally did not mention the previous visa refusal at Canada.

so basically -
jan 31night i submitted the application
feb 1st i summited webform to withdraw application where I mentioned I would like to withdraw the application as i have made some errors in the questionaries and I have no way to correct the answers as the application is submitted. i got auto response saying 5 business days they will respond

feb 2nd i submitted a new webform mentioning the exact reason why i want to withdraw the application (just to ensure I stay on the safest side) I notified the oversight of not mentioning Canadian TRV refusal in 2014
i also mentioned in this webform that please allow the withdrawal so that the error was an oversight and not intentional and i have also asked if they will allow me to withdraw and I can pay new fees and submit a new application with correct info.
hopefully i get a response soon and i will keep you all posted.

now I have to wait and pray that they either let me withdraw or proceed with the existing application.

Last edited:

Jags07

Feb 9, 2022
HI All,

My AOR date is 8th Dec 2020.
I have 2 business visa refusal to US and UK. My consultant/agent forgot to mention visa refusal of UK. He only mentioned US business visa refusal. I just got to know few weeks back about my UK visa refusal miss from my application via GCMS notes. So, my question is that is it safe to inform IRCC about UK visa refusal after 1 year 2 months of AOR. Will they accept my web form and what are the chances of refusal? Please share your thoughts

ABCD@1982

Aug 26, 2024
guys i am in same boat.
my schengen tourist visa was refused and it was not disclosed by my agent during my study permit application and then i just followed that bys anweing no every time (study permit extension,work permit) and now in cec too.
i submitted on 4th of sep 2021 please tell me what should i do?
how to raise a web form and also what explanation you guys gave n that please reply