+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

neha1111

May 23, 2024
Hi, need urgent advice
@legalfalcon
By mistake I clicked no on form 5669 for my PR application that do I have visa refusal earlier. I received aor on 28 April 2024. Biometric completed and background is in process. Now, on 18 April, I raised webform and send my apology with a letter of explanation along with visa refusal details and letters. I received webform acknowledgement today.
Do I need to worry?
One more same mistake I did when I submitted my PNP application which is approved now.
I informed cic what mistake I did in 5669 during federal. What should I do now. I am so stressed. Plz help.

neha1111

May 23, 2024
Hi, need urgent advice
@legalfalcon
By mistake I clicked no on form 5669 for my PR application that do I have visa refusal earlier. I received aor on 28 April 2024. Biometric completed and background is in process. Now, on 18 may, I raised webform and send my apology with a letter of explanation along with visa refusal details and letters. I received webform acknowledgement today.
Do I need to worry?
One more same mistake I did when I submitted my PNP application which is approved now.
I informed cic what mistake I did in 5669 during federal. What should I do now. I am so stressed. Plz help.

Vehh999

Nov 21, 2023
Hi, need urgent advice
@legalfalcon
By mistake I clicked no on form 5669 for my PR application that do I have visa refusal earlier. I received aor on 28 April 2024. Biometric completed and background is in process. Now, on 18 April, I raised webform and send my apology with a letter of explanation along with visa refusal details and letters. I received webform acknowledgement today.
Do I need to worry?
What province you got your PNP from? I think they don’t ask about previous visa refusal there.

Vehh999

Nov 21, 2023
Manitoba PNP. It is my federal application.
Yes I understand. But you say you also forgot to disclose applying for PNP provincial level. When I was applying for PNP provincial level (getting nomination) I didn’t see any questions about previous visa refusal.

Jun 20, 2024
Hi everyone,

I am very worried that my application could be jeopardized. I applied for FSW program. I am now in the latest stage. I received PPR letter on May 24 and I sent my passport on June 7. Processing started on June 18. Yesterday I noticed that I forgot to mention a previous Canadian tourist visa refusal in 2012 and a US visa refusal for my wife around 2005. I immediately contacted my immigration agent and ask to send a LOE explaining that it was a mistake.

Knowing what webforn will not be seen immediately, do you think this mistake will jeopardize my application at this late stage? I was told that when IRCC process passports for stamping, the repeat all the initial review. I am very concerned about this.

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am very worried that my application could be jeopardized. I applied for FSW program. I am now in the latest stage. I received PPR letter on May 24 and I sent my passport on June 7. Processing started on June 18. Yesterday I noticed that I forgot to mention a previous Canadian tourist visa refusal in 2012 and a US visa refusal for my wife around 2005. I immediately contacted my immigration agent and ask to send a LOE explaining that it was a mistake.

Knowing what webforn will not be seen immediately, do you think this mistake will jeopardize my application at this late stage? I was told that when IRCC process passports for stamping, the repeat all the initial review. I am very concerned about this.
Usually, LOEs through web-forms are more effective at the beginning of the process i.e. as soon as you submit your application. Did you receive a confirmation from IRCC that your submitted LoE was added to your PR application and that the document is available for immigration officer to review?
Also, have you ever mentioned these refusals on previous Canadian visa applications (tourist/study/worker)?

Jun 20, 2024
Usually, LOEs through web-forms are more effective at the beginning of the process i.e. as soon as you submit your application. Did you receive a confirmation from IRCC that your submitted LoE was added to your PR application and that the document is available for immigration officer to review?
Also, have you ever mentioned these refusals on previous Canadian visa applications (tourist/study/worker)?
It’s not available yet. I may get to final decision before. I applied again in 2015 and I had the visa. I can’t remember if I mentioned it in 2015.

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
It’s not available yet. I may get to final decision before. I applied again in 2015 and I had the visa. I can’t remember if I mentioned it in 2015.
Search them out as they could be used as evidence that you declared those refusals in previous applications in case IRCC sends a PFL before a final decision on PR application.

Jun 20, 2024
I feel extremely frustrated, lost, angry at myself. I put so much effort into this the entire year. A single mistake will probably result in a 5 year ban. Everything I read in this forum points to this.

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
I feel extremely frustrated, lost, angry at myself. I put so much effort into this the entire year. A single mistake will probably result in a 5 year ban. Everything I read in this forum points to this.
Don't panic. Honest mistakes do happen, it happened to me. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-10708986

All I could do back then was to raise a web form to update my application. The outcome of it... I never received a PFL and my PR application was approved two weeks ago. Hope you get the same result. Good luck!

Jun 20, 2024
Don't panic. Honest mistakes do happen, it happened to me. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-10708986

All I could do back then was to raise a web form to update my application. The outcome of it... I never received a PFL and my PR application was approved two weeks ago. Hope you get the same result. Good luck!
Thank you!
I'm currently in the final stage. I have already submitted my passport to the IRCC office for processing. I’ve heard when I called the visa office, they are making a final decision now. I sent the webform but I don’t know if they will see anything before the final decision.

Jun 20, 2024
At this stage your application will be at CIO. So just raise a CSE and explain that your inadvertently forgot to mention the visa refusal when submitting your application.

Prior visa refusals have no consequence on the decision of the PR application, unless the visa refusal was due to fraud, misrepresentation or a serious immigration violation.

Mentioning the prior rejections does speed up your BGC. Many applicants forget to mention prior refusals, and then they will later receive ADRs.

Ne need to worry, just raise a CSE and explain, and if you have the refusal letter, send that too.
I have a similar issue, but I am in the latest stage. I have already received a passport request. My passport is currently with the visa officer. I sent a letter of explanation, but I don’t know if it can prevent them from sending a PFL. I am trying to calm down, but I am extremely worried.

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi I just check so many people they are upset about not mentioning visa refusal, here I must say that to send LOE is very very important coz eventhough if you have got stamped visa but when you will reach on the airport they can check and will return you back as I have seen such cases,another case US Canada Australia UK New Zealand are sister countries they exchange their data. If by luck anybody came in canada and will apply for PR than cannot hide visa refusal as you have to print each page of passport and travel history will be required so please remember if you will mention in the beginning about visa refusal it will not impact on your visa process. Once you have get approval if you will send letter of Explanation no doubt immediately they will reject your visa or misrepresentation, otherwise if 5 year ban than again legal process that lawyer and all. But take steps initially and get rid of such type of situation as its a big nightmare who applies. Anyways you can better discuss with your consultant but as per my advice its too late if you have got approval leave things on your luck but next time must inform IRCC,