+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forget Visa Office

dionisyy

Mar 29, 2013
I know it sounds foolish but I forgot to fill Visa Office in Generic Application. I had doubts in first place and left this section blank before I figure it out. Of course I pressed the button "Validate" in the end and everything seemed OKAY so I didnt worry.
Question:
1) Should I email (after I get AOR) or they are going to put the Visa Office automatically
2) If they returned my application (fingers crossed NOT) should I resubmit and pay again?

P.S Now I understand how everybody is worried about this process. I cant stop thunking about it :)

Thank you

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
If you got your AOR things look good. All CEC applications are processed in Ottawa, so I guess
they just forwarded it.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
Not sure if it applies to your case but I inputted mine was CPP- Sydney.
What i was told by many people in this forum was it will still go to Ottawa regardless what you input it as .
I'm pretty sure it will be the same case for you.

Regards,

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
dionisyy said:
I know it sounds foolish but I forgot to fill Visa Office in Generic Application. I had doubts in first place and left this section blank before I figure it out. Of course I pressed the button "Validate" in the end and everything seemed OKAY so I didnt worry.
Question:
1) Should I email (after I get AOR) or they are going to put the Visa Office automatically
2) If they returned my application (fingers crossed NOT) should I resubmit and pay again?

P.S Now I understand how everybody is worried about this process. I cant stop thunking about it :)

Thank you
no need to worry at all.. you do not need to do anything.. they will fill it up for you

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
AnilGurung said:
Not sure if it applies to your case but I inputted mine was CPP- Sydney.
What i was told by many people in this forum was it will still go to Ottawa regardless what you input it as .
I'm pretty sure it will be the same case for you.

Regards,
its ottawa by default.. no matter what you put

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
1. If you get AOR, it will automatically be transferred to CPP-O
2. If it gets returned, fill it out then resubmit. No need to pay again, you can use the fee payment form or online payment receipt, or cheques that you initially submitted.

There's an applicant who filled out "Ottawa" and his/her application was returned. CPC-Sydney crossed it out and put "CPR". It depends on luck, I guess, and on the person checking the completeness of your application. Just hope for the best.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
ynoweh said:
There's an applicant who filled out "Ottawa" and his/her application was returned. CPC-Sydney crossed it out and put "CPR". It depends on luck, I guess, and on the person checking the completeness of your application. Just hope for the best.
what? his application was returned because he wrote Ottawa? that is impossible.. must be some other reason

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
from_mumbai said:
what? his application was returned because he wrote Ottawa? that is impossible.. must be some other reason
That was what the applicant posted. But yeah, maybe there was other reason why his/her application was returned..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/application-return-regulation-10-of-irpa-not-met-cpr-comment-t157817.0.html

dionisyy

Mar 29, 2013
ynoweh said:
1. If you get AOR, it will automatically be transferred to CPP-O
2. If it gets returned, fill it out then resubmit. No need to pay again, you can use the fee payment form or online payment receipt, or cheques that you initially submitted.

Thank you! I hope for the best :)