+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those who missed the FSW 2013 and still want to Immigrate (via Study)

canada_8088

Nov 14, 2013
For those who missed the FSW 2013 and still want to Immigrate (via Study)

I thought of sharing this information, and I am assuming most of you might already be aware of this. Well, this year CIC only accepted application for those applicants who have job experience in only 24 NOC categories (which is way too less) and they topped it by capping it further by 300 per NOC. Well, I would consider those people who fall under these 24 NOC category lucky and those who made it to 300, wohaoo, super extremely lucky.

Well those who missed the 2013 FSW bus and still want to reach destination Canada, here is a way:

What you should be willing to do:

1. Be prepared to study for at least one year in a Canadian college.
2. Should have/can arrange funds of approx 15K-18K Canadian dollars
3. The time gap between last graduation done and current date should not be more than 6 years.

canada_8088

Nov 14, 2013
For those who are single:

- Enrol yourself in a Canadian College for 1 year ‘Post Graduate – Certificate’ program. Most of the Colleges (only colleges and not universities) in Canada offer this program and it is fairly easy to secure admission in them. The deal is that your last graduation study (subjects) should be in sync with the course you are opting, and you should score atleast 6 in each band in IELTS (academic).
- The cost of such programs depends upon college to college, but the 1 year course will range somewhere between13k-20k CAD (break-up: GIC Fees: 10,000 CAD + 1st semester fees)
You have an option to pay fees in installments, paying 1st semester fees for securing admission and paying for other 2 sems later.
- Try and find a course which has ‘Co-op Internship’ option, this will allow you to work, after completing 2 semesters, with a company on a paid internship and will be counted as full time work experience equivalent (for immigration programs such as Canadian Experience Class).
- Canada gives an Open Work Permit for a period equivalent to the period of study in Canada
www . cic . gc . ca/english/study/work . asp

Immigration Options: It’s a known fact that now Canada prefers potential immigrants who have Canadian work experience or holds Canadian education.

canada_8088

Nov 14, 2013
PROVINCIAL NOMINEE PROGRAM (PNP):

If you have completed 1 year post graduate certificate (PGC) or degree program, it makes you eligible to apply for Permanent Resident (PR – the ultimate goal) via PNP program.
JOB OFFER/EMPLOYMENT IS REQUIRED AND MOST OF TIME ITS RESTRICTED/FAVORED TOWARDS NOC O, A, B CATEGORIES.
Now, different states in Canada have different requirement for PNP program, but if one holds PGC it makes him/her eligible for most of the states. Check the link below for different states:

canada_8088

Nov 14, 2013
- Ontatrio (Job offer and employer sponsorship required):
ontarioimmigration . ca/ en/ pnp/
ontarioimmigration . ca/ prodconsum/ groups/ csc/ @ oipp/documents/document/oi_doc_students . pdf

Extract:
Am I eligible?
One year post-graduate degree and certificate programs that require a previous degree are also eligible.

- Alberta (Person should be employed after getting work permit)
albertacanada. com/ immigration/ immigrating/ srs-post-graduate-worker . aspx

- Saskatchewan (Job offer required)
saskimmigrationcanada. ca/ sinp-program-changes

- British Columbia (Job offer required)
welcomebc. ca / Immigrate/ About-the-BC-PNP/ Skills-Immigration/International-Graduates . aspx

- Manitoba (Job offer required)
gov. mb. ca/ ie/ study/ immigrat . html

- Nova Scotia (I think currently closed), Qubec (not researched, apologies)

canada_8088

Nov 14, 2013
CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:

Now having 1 year post graduate work permit will give just enough time to become eligible for CEC. Lets say, in order to become eligible for this one, you should start working the moment you get PG work permit. Well, yes you have to work hard, but most these courses will give you 2-3 months to gain experience, and you got to utilize that to earn money (however, this will not be calculated towards total work experience considered for CEC)

OTHER WAYS:

Now let assume, that PNP did'nt worked nor did CEC, are you destined back to your home country. Well, that totally depends upon you.
Guys, you can go back to FSW, get a job (that is the most important part – crucial, critical, and deciding factor) and convince your employer to give you AEO, accompanied with LMO.

Your PG work permit can be extended via Bridging Work Permit provision that CIC gives. It says if your application for PR is in place, your work permit can be extended.
cic. gc. ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent . asp

Also, EOI is set to kick-in late 2014/2015 and i think its gonna be favoured towards people with Canadian education and work experience.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE MARRIED:

Well, if one the partner is okay with studying for 1 year in Canada, then based on the work student permit, the spouse can get an open work permit equivalent to the period of study.
When that student gets job based on PG work permit, the work permit of spouse can further be extended.

cic. gc. ca/english/study/work-spouse . asp
cic. gc. ca/english/work/apply-who . asp

Well, one of them must complete 1 year of work experience and get qualified for CEC.

But, yes, what I have heard from my friends, getting student work permit for married couples is a tad difficult. At no point, the immigration officer should feel that the student will not come back after studies, else the office is sure to reject the visa.

PROS:
After Canadian education, you stand a better chance of getting a job, as compared to an Immigrant while no Canadian exp or education.
Once you enter Canada, and you network well, you surely will find a way to immigrate.

CONS:
Very expensive, not a child's play. You got a commit a lot of resources (both time and money) and top-of-it immigration is not guaranteed.

GUYS, I AM NOT AN EXPERT, I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE HOPING IT COULD BE USEFUL. THERE CAN BE MISTAKES OR WAYS SUGGESTED ABOVE COULD NOT WORK THE WAY I AM IMPLYING. PLEASE RESEARCH THOROUGHLY, VERY THOROUGHLY, BEFORE TAKING A DECISION OR JUMPING ON A CONCLUSION.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
canada_8088 said:
CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS:

Go for a paid-internship and ensure that this part time (gained with Co-Op or Student Work permit) is calculated towards Full-Time Work Experience work experience.
cic. gc. ca/ English / immigrate/ cec/ apply-who . asp
Wrong.

Directly from the CEC Guide:

Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, work in an ineligible occupation, and periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience. You must have had temporary resident status during the period of work experience acquired in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

canada_8088

Nov 14, 2013
scylla said:
Wrong.

Directly from the CEC Guide:

Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, work in an ineligible occupation, and periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience. You must have had temporary resident status during the period of work experience acquired in Canada.

www . cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC . asp
Thank corrected, i will also inform my friend who is currently studying in Canada and is under this impression.. Big Thanks again :)

ajay93

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very good suggestions .this will help my friends who are yet students & if they are intrested in immigration to canada.
Thanks again . ;D

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Hi,

I understand that co-op experience does not count towards CEC, but what about FSW? does a one year continuous paid co-op experience count towards that?

Thanks,
kvn