+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Buffalo Applicants. Timeframe to receive IA (initial assessment)

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied as a skilled worker through Buffalo in: Year 2008
JAN 2ND: Application received by consulate.
MARCH 10TH: AOR received mailed to me.

I have read some cases from bla333 and thaiguy where it took 4 months or even a little over a year depending on the situation. I would appreciate more insights related to timeframe receiving IA after AOR.

Mar 15, 2008

I have read some cases from bla333 and thaiguy where it took 4 months or even a little over a year depending on the situation. I would appreciate more insights related to timeframe receiving IA after AOR.
For me:
AOR: July 24, 2007
Initial Assesment (Request for IELTS): Aug 15, 2007 (Deadline to sibmit IELTS: Nov 15, 2007)
Second reply from CIC: Dec 20, 2007 received by mail on Jan 15, 2008 mentions Interview has been waived
Submitted Medicals, PCC: Mar 7, 2008

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubatomicBionicNanoMan said:

For me:
AOR: July 24, 2007
Initial Assesment (Request for IELTS): Aug 15, 2007 (Deadline to sibmit IELTS: Nov 15, 2007)
Second reply from CIC: Dec 20, 2007 received by mail on Jan 15, 2008 mentions Interview has been waived
Submitted Medicals, PCC: Mar 7, 2008

SubatomicBionicNanoMan,

Your IA was extremely fast. Thanks for your input.

guliat

Apr 23, 2008
Applied: December 2007
Application returned as incomplete
Re-applied: January 2007
Application received at Buffalo: Feb 19, 2008
AOR: still waiting

Going canada

Mar 20, 2008
Application submitted on early August 2007,
AOR received sometime between Oct/Nov 2007
Submitted next of kin relationship document on March 2008
Scheduled for an interview in Buffalo on June 11,2008
Received documents requesting for medical checkup and police certificiate after interview June11, 2008
Submitted medical checkup on 3 July, 2008
Submitted Police certificate on 11 July, 2008
Now waiting .........................................

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
Traveler74,

You are right that SubatomicBionicNanoMan's IA was extremely fast! Let me tell you the average.

I have been researching the answer to your question for a while. it takes 5/6 months on the average from AOR to IA. The best proof of this is to check the month batch Buffalo is now sending IAs to on http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers/

Going by the fact that you are March AOR batch, your IA will arrive between the last week of August and first week of September. My AOR is May and I expect my IA by end of October.

Please let me know how it turns out for you so I can evaluate the usefulness of trackit.com.

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olusolalekan said:
Traveler74,

You are right that SubatomicBionicNanoMan's IA was extremely fast! Let me tell you the average.

I have been researching the answer to your question for a while. it takes 5/6 months on the average from AOR to IA. The best proof of this is to check the month batch Buffalo is now sending IAs to on http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers/

Going by the fact that you are March AOR batch, your IA will arrive between the last week of August and first week of September. My AOR is May and I expect my IA by end of October.

Please let me know how it turns out for you so I can evaluate the usefulness of trackit.com.
I think you’re right. I have been fallowing the trackit.com and my calculations are that I will be receiving my IA by the end of August or by the beginning of September like you said. Thanks for looking in to that and good luck to you.