+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
I need help from someone whoalready applied ,regarding Q11! After I complete form and print it out doesn't show full fields?
Appreciate if someone can help
The PDF has been updated again, and now truncates the field widths.
Try contacting CIC and explain the issue , then await the next update of the form.
I created a thread to track the versions of the form : see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/tracking-versions-of-form-cit0002e-2.524286/

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Please help me

9C: During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada ( I tick no )
But I went for holiday for 7 weeks.

10A: Where have you lived during your eligibility period. List address inside and outside Canada.

My question: Should I enter my holiday period address in the box Q10 ( I went to my back home for family visit and spend 7 weeks )

Many thanks all of them in this forum who helps each other.

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Johnboy are you saying that form was updated today again?!
No, when I downloaded the form earlier today the date in the pdf file says it was created on 19 Oct. It exhibits the issue with the truncated fields.
The form I downloaded on 14 Oct was created on the 10th and modified on the 12th. That form worked well for me. It seems the form has been updated since; the latest version to date appears to have been created on 19th

You can see which version of the form you have when it is loaded into Adobe Reader by navigating
File->Properties or pressing Ctrl-D

Last edited:

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Regarding Question 9c, those who answered "No", should be fine even if you lived out of Canada in my opinion as this question is specific to residence out side Canada as Crown Servants.

This was Question L. Residence outside Canada on old application form ( pre Oct 11) , where you need to fill form CIT 0177 if you lived out side Canada as Crown Servants living outside Canada.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
what you mean by new specification? The specification hasnt changed since 2015, Chill they wont mind.
Why would some people give employment history from 2010, when they form clearly says within the "eligibility period"... which cannot be older than 2012 (if you are applying between now and december)?

I think it may be because this @NewUser2018 guy has no flipping idea what he's talking about. He just casually throws around advice and factoids that seem to have no basis in reality. I wish this forum had a "Credibility Meter" of some kind that's prominently displayed below each user's name because it really is a waste of time to read anything this guy (and some others) have to say about the process.

At the same time, such a meter would make people more aware of users like @dpenable and @spyfy who offer good, informed opinions (as opposed to garbage masquerading as fact).

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
need help with
Q14. do we need to send the TRV, study permit, work permit if that falls in the eligibility time line? and do i need to attach those?
Did you get the answer ?

do we need to attach these supporting documents in general with the application to show the proof of physical presence before the PR ? If anyone can help in this.

Last edited:

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
Please help me

9C: During your eligibility period did you live outside of Canada ( I tick no )
But I went for holiday for 7 weeks.

10A: Where have you lived during your eligibility period. List address inside and outside Canada.

My question: Should I enter my holiday period address in the box Q10 ( I went to my back home for family visit and spend 7 weeks )

Many thanks all of them in this forum who helps each other.
same question if we need to enter the vacation addresses during the eligibility period.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
same question if we need to enter the vacation addresses during the eligibility period.
In my opinion, you dont need to. I didnt for mine.
Question is regarding where you "lived". If you stayed at hotel for a day or a week, it is not considered "living" in that hotel.
However if you dont have a lot of these vacations, adding them in the table wont hurt either.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello Future Canadians,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me figure out.
So I got my PR Oct2014, but got married here in Canada last 2013. My name in all of my documents that I used including my PR documents is my maiden name. I never changed and have not change my maiden name since then. So what I did, I answered "NO" in Question #5: Have you changed your name or sex designation since becoming a PR? I put N/A in Question #6: List all names that you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, previously married name, aliases & nicknames.

But I submitted my Marriage Cert because I have the intention of changing my last name to Married name. I realized I have failed in Question #5. I should have chosen "YES" and not the "NO" so it will populate a field where to put my desired name on the citizenship cert. I dont know what to do. I hope the officer will call me instead of returning the whole package back.

One more mistake is that my husband mailed the package thru canada post via regular mail but the address in the package is the one for courier :(

My mind is been spinning since last week because of these mistakes!!!

Bless me Lord :(

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
Hello Future Canadians,

I have a question and I hope someone can help me figure out.
So I got my PR Oct2014, but got married here in Canada last 2013. My name in all of my documents that I used including my PR documents is my maiden name. I never changed and have not change my maiden name since then. So what I did, I answered "NO" in Question #5: Have you changed your name or sex designation since becoming a PR? I put N/A in Question #6: List all names that you have used, including name at birth, maiden name, previously married name, aliases & nicknames.

But I submitted my Marriage Cert because I have the intention of changing my last name to Married name. I realized I have failed in Question #5. I should have chosen "YES" and not the "NO" so it will populate a field where to put my desired name on the citizenship cert. I dont know what to do. I hope the officer will call me instead of returning the whole package back.

One more mistake is that my husband mailed the package thru canada post via regular mail but the address in the package is the one for courier :(

My mind is been spinning since last week because of these mistakes!!!

Bless me Lord :(
I believe If you have not changed your last name even on the marriage certificate then it should not be an issue as all the names are same. And you can change the last name in future when you declare it officially as per your intentions.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi to all IT professionals or enthusiasts. I`m having a hard time printing the filled-out form from PDF acrobat reader DC...cannot find the printer. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hi UrbanGabru,
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
So do you think the officer will put my maiden name in the certificate instead of my married name even though I have submitted my marriage certificate and checking that box in the document checklist for name change? I hope I got your point right.

UrbanGabru

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto
Hi UrbanGabru,
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.
So do you think the officer will put my maiden name in the certificate instead of my married name even though I have submitted my marriage certificate and checking that box in the document checklist for name change? I hope I got your point right.
what is the name on your marriage certificate? Your maiden name (old name) or your married name (new last name) ?

If its Old name then there is no issue and all names are same.