FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE APPLIED IN DECEMBER-2009

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amar_vnl said:
Is CIO or visa office, who calculates the total points ? As I did not take IELTS but submitted letter providing my proficiency in English. Now I got my first AOR. How do I know if my letter was sufficient to demonstrate my English proficiency or not? How do I know what points did they allocated for language proficiency?
English Proficiency is evaluated by CHC and not CIO. You do not need to provide any proof of language proficiency to CIO
Also if you plan to submit the Written explaination and not take IELTS, please be aware that points once alloted by visa officer are final and you will not be given any second chance to take IELTS

To be on safer side, do take IELTS and submit the results along with your full docs to CHC else you are leaving your PR chances at discretion of VO

Timmyify

Dec 22, 2009
Hello All,

So finally we got our visa on Thursday June 10, 2010. To God be all the Glory. Thanks to all of you who gave suggestions on how to check the status of our medical result and how to contact my MP to facilitate things. Those were very helpful hints. I hope everyone will get theirs soon.

TimeLine:

December 22, 2009 - Submitted Application
December 24, 2009 - Application Received in Mississauga
January 22, 2010 - Sponsor Approved-Application Forwarded to Ghana Accra for Further Processing.
June 10, 2010 - Visa Issued from Ghana Accra

Sponsor in Canada , Principal Applicant in Nigeria.

Ifiok.

floxs

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear friends,

any updates from your application?

@gauri..how are you? :)

mirkopal

Star Member
Oct 13, 2009
Hi guys I just need an opinion
we sent the application on December 1st ( you know 6 kg of stuff) as common law partners. this required to have lived together (no matter where) minimum 1 year.We sent everything about that, every little proofs (bills, common bank account etc).
the application passed the first step (acceptance for the sponsor, i.e. me) Missisauga on december 31st 2009.

it was sent to Quebec, who accepted on January 20th adn finally sent everything to Rome s office.
Rome received the application on February 2nd but they opened ONLY on March 26th (i am wondering what this pack was doing in rome for 1 month).
from this date, the average waiting period for Rome is 5-7 months, that means that we still are in the timeline (26 march - now is almost 3 months).

I have met two people while I was at the immigration office in Rome. One guy, who was under the same same sex relationship status. He met his Canadian boyf only 7 months ago and they decided to get married to get the process faster (what he told me). His sent the application on December too, but 20 days after me. The file has been opened in rome the exact same day (26th of march) and he got his visa 1 month and half ago.
same thing with another girl that I met in Rome the same day.married with a canadian man after less than 1 yer they know each other and have already the visa. all these people sent the applications in december 2009 (like us).

I mean these things are making me crazy.My partner went to rome's embassy one month ago. He also proposed to give additional proofs (pictures, bills etc) to certify even more our relationship, but the immigration officer at the counter told him not to, because they had enough proofs yet.

should be get worried? or maybe is better not to think about the process time of other people. I know that sometimes immigration officers gets nervous is you bring presson on them.I was wondering if we can contact a lawyer.do you think it could change something?

another question: we sent the application to quebec because is where my partner was living. BUT since june 1st he has been sent to toronto for work for 1 year. he took an apt in toronto and we have both names on the lease (i have moved to toronto with him on june 7th and i am going to stay for a while).
considering that our application is on the final stage do you think we should advise the immigration officers that we changed address? my biggest concern is that application for PR from quebec to other provices requires some documents that are different.
moreover, we paid the quebec fee (250 dollars more for the application) and we wont be remboursed in this case.
what do you think? should i send a letter to immigraiton in rome saying in 5 lines that we are in toronto for one year (reason of my partner (sponsor) work, sending documents (phone bill, bank statements and lease) with the toronto address, or leave everything like that,,,in order not to send additional documents?
does this one will slow down the application?

thanks a lot

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@Decemberainas

wats up buddies, hows it getting on with applications? any updates?

Cheers

Best wishes 2 all

Hareega

Star Member
Dec 17, 2009
AMM
Category........
Visa Office......
Ex-Damascus, 12Dec2011 Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-02-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-02-2012
Med's Request
08-01-2014
Med's Done....
12-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hello,

As for me, nothing new, nothing at all, three months have passed since the full documents were delivered to Damascus visa office and yet my status did not even change to "In Progress" so it is still "Pending review" and I have no idea till when it will stay this way.

Does anybody has any information about the time it takes to process application in Damascus? Maybe I have high expectations and should lower them down since things are moving slow, or actually not moving at all at the moment :(

It is hard to wait...

Doglover, have you landed in Canada? is there any new news at your side?

Regards,

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hareega said:
Hello,

As for me, nothing new, nothing at all, three months have passed since the full documents were delivered to Damascus visa office and yet my status did not even change to "In Progress" so it is still "Pending review" and I have no idea till when it will stay this way.

Does anybody has any information about the time it takes to process application in Damascus? Maybe I have high expectations and should lower them down since things are moving slow, or actually not moving at all at the moment :(

It is hard to wait...

Doglover, have you landed in Canada? is there any new news at your side?

Regards,
Hi

landed successfully on 19 June , Canadians are cool, Canada rocks, yesterday I went to Niagara falls, awesome!

opened my bank account, applied for SIN etc.

K

katoky

hi doglover,gauri and all,

i got 2nd approval yesterday 22/6/10 via regular mail
full docs recieved 14/6/10 and they issue me AOR 17/6/10
all the best for all
katoky

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
Doglover said:
@ Decemberainas

wats up buddies, hows it getting on with applications? any updates?

Cheers

Best wishes 2 all
HI DOGLOVER
WE MISS U.. HOW IS YOUR DAYS GOING ON? I HOPE U R ENJOYING ...

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sharmilas said:
HI DOGLOVER
WE MISS U.. HOW IS YOUR DAYS GOING ON? I HOPE U R ENJOYING ...
Yea things are going gr8, wats goin on with ur visa application

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
Doglover said:
Yea things are going gr8, wats goin on with ur visa application
still received by VO. till now 9th April applicant's status has been changed to IN PROCESS and got medical request.. i hope still takes 2 weeks more in my case... have a good luck in new environment...

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
sharmilas said:
still received by VO. till now 9th April applicant's status has been changed to IN PROCESS and got medical request.. i hope still takes 2 weeks more in my case... have a good luck in new environment...
best wishes

gvasdev2004

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-feb-2011
LANDED..........
1-may-2011
hi guys yesterday i gt a call from chandigarh chc unfortunately i missed the call i checked the number from net it was immigrations no. pls help me wt to do now ?

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
gvasdev2004 said:
hi guys yesterday i gt a call from chandigarh chc unfortunately i missed the call i checked the number from net it was immigrations no. pls help me wt to do now ?
congrats....by the way whats your timeline plz?