+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all the PUNJABIS

flashash

Jun 22, 2010
hello there!

Dude,

First of all congratulations on your fast record .

Second this forum seems to be a a greta idea on atleast the face of it.

To cut to the chase:

1) Is New Delhi a preferred visa office to apply from even though I reside in Dubai?

2)What are the possible blockers besides health,crime and degree that could be faced while in th eprocess of immigration.

3)What is the rite channel to find a suitable job?

4) Expectation level at landing?

5)support from the canadians on landing?Do we get a warm welcome or?

6)The support system of the indian(punjabi) community?

7) lifestyle in the beginning few months?

too many questions.....I have just applied and would also want to get through under the fast track.

Thanks in advance .

Ashish

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Ashish,

Reply to your queries is given below:

1) If you live in Dubai your Visa office is London.
2) You have to meet the criteria and collect documents and send these to CIC at the appropriate time.
3) If depends upon your field, mostly you can find job when you land there, it is nearly impossible to get a job living outside Canada.
4) Landing is a normal procedure, nothing to worry.
5) Most of the Canadians are immigrants and they welcome immigrants generally. They are living in a system and very law-abiding people.
6) You cannot find much support from community (Punjabis, because they are already settled), though exceptions are always there.
7) Although I have no experience, from the experiences of this Forum members I can say that first few months are really difficult. Once you are settled, life goes on smoothly.

I hope it is clear now. These are my views, but I may be wrong.

So, Seniors are welcome to throw some more light on the above queries.

God Bless U.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash_1967 said:
Hello All,

What would be Air Ticket Cost from New Delhi to Canada? Can any one tell the cheapest but comfortable flight ticket or advice any site where I could check it? Do I need to check with the agent? What are the best source to get it through agent or directly from Airlines?

2ndly If I got visa in July-10 than when I should fly for Canada? I am asking as I don't know about when School starts New Admission in Canada? Here in India final exam conduct in March-10/April-10. If I fly now (before my kids get upgraded to Next Standard) which Standard they would have be admitted? Next Standard or current standard? Will they not get lose their one year?

What is the system can any one suggest? And what documents are required from their schools (here in India) so they could easily get admission in school when We move to Canada?

Ash_1967
Hi.

Cheapest flight will be of finair. but you will have to change planes during the journey. better choose Jet, British Airwyas or Emirates. Per ticket differnce is around 1500-2500 and you can have a direct filght. You can check their sites. Air India also offers direct flight but I don't recommend them as you never know when they will go on strike, yet again...

as far as schooling is concerned in Canada, session runs from september to June. So there is no problem in getting your kids to the school. They will be taken to school only if they are 6 or more years' old. otherwise they will go to junior or senior KG, depending on their age.

Hope that will help.

Cheers.......

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doglover said:
@ Hi all

Kiddan veeroo, kee bandaa, Canada is rocking, landing experience was fine, very easy, Canadians are very cool, they give a dam to all formalities.

Best wishes to all
vadhayian.
thoda jeha idea hi de do. ki kuch le ke jaiye naal. sep ya oct vich landing da plan hai.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Haanji Sanjeev 22g, tuhadi gall theek hai.

Doglover ji tusi kuchh salah jaroor devo ki kehria cheejan lai ke janiyan chahidiyan ne.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sanjeevindia said:
vadhayian.
thoda jeha idea hi de do. ki kuch le ke jaiye naal. sep ya oct vich landing da plan hai.
Thanks veer, Joo chakiaa jaandaa lai jaao bus, ethhay sub kuchh hee mehngaa hai( at least 4-8times), i advice kee tusee generally routine ch joo v use kardaay oo( from morning-night) ohh sub lai aaoo, like genreal hygiene,personal care, roti paani and everything ch joo v routinely required hai--oh sub kussh, so it will save ur dollars jidoo taak thonuu job naai mildee.

baaki i will specifically advice u regarding all stuff, haaly mainu v jiadda patta naii lagga.

Tusee kussh v lai kay jaa sakdaay hoo( in luggage, but not in cabin bags) except weapons.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doglover said:
Thanks veer, Joo chakiaa jaandaa lai jaao bus, ethhay sub kuchh hee mehngaa hai( at least 4-8times), i advice kee tusee generally routine ch joo v use kardaay oo( from morning-night) ohh sub lai aaoo, like genreal hygiene,personal care, roti paani and everything ch joo v routinely required hai--oh sub kussh, so it will save ur dollars jidoo taak thonuu job naai mildee.

baaki i will specifically advice u regarding all stuff, haaly mainu v jiadda patta naii lagga.

Tusee kussh v lai kay jaa sakdaay hoo( in luggage, but not in cabin bags) except weapons.
thank u bai ji. bas update karde rahiyo. ta ki asi puri taiyari kar ke hi aaiye.

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
congrats Doglover!
Pahoch gaye apni dream country.
So how u feeling now?
How was your landing experience.?

ash_1967

Jul 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1231 (1111)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2009
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
01-03-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done on 15/01/2009 and submitted with full docs to Visa Office on 12/03/2010
File Transfer...
10-03-2010
Med's Request
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
Med's Done....
26-06-2010 and Medical & Passports Sent on 28-06-2010 which Recd by CHC on 29-06-2010
Interview........
Waived by grace of God
Passport Req..
01-06-2010 (Received by My Lawyer in Canada on 15-06-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on 22nd and issued on 22/07/2010 and Received on 24/07/2010 by grace of God
LANDED..........
Still not decided
sanjeevindia said:
Hi.

Cheapest flight will be of finair. but you will have to change planes during the journey. better choose Jet, British Airwyas or Emirates. Per ticket differnce is around 1500-2500 and you can have a direct filght. You can check their sites. Air India also offers direct flight but I don't recommend them as you never know when they will go on strike, yet again...

as far as schooling is concerned in Canada, session runs from september to June. So there is no problem in getting your kids to the school. They will be taken to school only if they are 6 or more years' old. otherwise they will go to junior or senior KG, depending on their age.

Hope that will help.

Cheers.......
Hi SanjeevIndia,

I have read somewhere that you are from Delhi. Can you please share your medical experience? from Which dmp you get your medical done? there are 2 dmps on panel to CHC in Delhi? I am also having NOC code 1111. Medical instructions just reached? confused which Dmp's to be select? What they checked in routine in full body checkup?

Thanks

Ash_1967

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
Doglover said:
@ Hi all

Kiddan veeroo, kee bandaa, Canada is rocking, landing experience was fine, very easy, Canadians are very cool, they give a dam to all formalities.

Best wishes to all
CONGRATULATIONNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash_1967 said:
Hi SanjeevIndia,

I have read somewhere that you are from Delhi. Can you please share your medical experience? from Which dmp you get your medical done? there are 2 dmps on panel to CHC in Delhi? I am also having NOC code 1111. Medical instructions just reached? confused which Dmp's to be select? What they checked in routine in full body checkup?

Thanks

Ash_1967
I am form Ludhiana and not from Delhi, so I can't advise you on selection of DMP. better contact rocky for this. he is from Delhi. The DMP will check everything from head to toe. Your hand movement, feet movement, eyes, ears, and so on. nothing to worry. it will take about 15-20 minutes at maxuimum for one person.

regards.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
lakhvinder.kaur said:
congrats Doglover!
Pahoch gaye apni dream country.
So how u feeling now?
How was your landing experience.?
thanks, feeling vadiaa ai, landing exp is good

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SSA to all Punjabis,

Doglover 22g in 4 deg cel and we are in 44 deg cel.

Enjoy the climate and stuff.

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
charninder said:
SSA to all Punjabis,

Doglover 22g in 4 deg cel and we are in 44 deg cel.

Enjoy the climate and stuff.
hahaha
thanks, anyways ethhay around 22-25 hai not 4, haha