+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling SOWP

jmae4

Jun 14, 2024
Hello everyone! I would like to ask if anyone knows what should I do in my situation. I got a job offer which has a start date on June 23.The document I have currently can't apply for a SIN so I have to get my SOWP. I'm a spouse of a holder of working permit NOC TEER 42100. Applying through online will be impossible because it's long so I will try flagpoling. I had my medical examination today June 14 and also received my emedical info sheet. We planned to do flagpoling at Rainbow bridge on June 18. The medical results will be available 5 days to 1 week. Will I have some problems about it if I will apply in the border? Should I wait for it to be available in the system? Is there a possibility that the emedical will be enough as proof? Will they check my medical results? Should I take my chance to go there and process to keep the job offer? (Mostly it will costs to go to a border, need to consider financial factors to be sure that everything might have a chance) I'm looking forward for your opinions. Thank you!

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello everyone! I would like to ask if anyone knows what should I do in my situation. I got a job offer which has a start date on June 23.The document I have currently can't apply for a SIN so I have to get my SOWP. I'm a spouse of a holder of working permit NOC TEER 42100. Applying through online will be impossible because it's long so I will try flagpoling. I had my medical examination today June 14 and also received my emedical info sheet. We planned to do flagpoling at Rainbow bridge on June 18. The medical results will be available 5 days to 1 week. Will I have some problems about it if I will apply in the border? Should I wait for it to be available in the system? Is there a possibility that the emedical will be enough as proof? Will they check my medical results? Should I take my chance to go there and process to keep the job offer? (Mostly it will costs to go to a border, need to consider financial factors to be sure that everything might have a chance) I'm looking forward for your opinions. Thank you!
What's your status? They will very likely issue you a TRP and ask you to apply for SOWP inland. Another thing to note - CBSA is trying to cut down on flagpoling so you might want to check before you drive out as they probably only handle immigration applications during certain hours of the day.

Reactions: YVR123

jmae4

Jun 14, 2024
What's your status? They will very likely issue you a TRP and ask you to apply for SOWP inland. Another thing to note - CBSA is trying to cut down on flagpoling so you might want to check before you drive out as they probably only handle immigration applications during certain hours of the day.
I have a visitor visa valid until 2030. I arrived last April.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
I have a visitor visa valid until 2030. I arrived last April.
So your best case is they issue a SOWP if you qualify and worst case is they allow you to enter with another 6 months of visitor. The extreme worst case is they deny entry because your intent is to work(and not visit) but then they should still let you in with a TRP and an opportunity to apply for SOWP inland.

Reactions: scylla

jmae4

Jun 14, 2024
So your best case is they issue a SOWP if you qualify and worst case is they allow you to enter with another 6 months of visitor. The extreme worst case is they deny entry because your intent is to work(and not visit) but then they should still let you in with a TRP and an opportunity to apply for SOWP inland.
Do you have any idea if they need to see the medical results in their systems or the proof that I visited already a physician is enough? I was informed that the medical results will be available after 5 days but they also told me that the emedical is the only document I need to show.. I'm just confused if ever the immigration need to see the result during the application.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Do you have any idea if they need to see the medical results in their systems or the proof that I visited already a physician is enough? I was informed that the medical results will be available after 5 days but they also told me that the emedical is the only document I need to show.. I'm just confused if ever the immigration need to see the result during the application.
You might not even need medical if you had one done in last 5 years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/exempt-ime-2022.html

So have your IME number handy or whatever proof you have and it should be good.